News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wonderland01

Member Name: wonderland01
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
 Mar 22 2011, 11:08:23 PM
I saw this on Friday and was thoroughly entertained all the way through. It may not have the most memorable songs, but Aaron Tveit and NLB gave their absolute all, and it was overwhelmingly enjoyable. I'm really shocked that so many people were bored or put off by it. I would go see this again tomorrow.
Your Most Hated Musical
 Mar 21 2011, 09:10:39 PM
Memphis. Painfully bad, and the only reason I didn't walk out was because we were with a group. It was a free ticket and I still left feeling like I wanted my money back.
Tiffany Schleigh's Birthday Benefit/Mallory Bechtel
 Mar 6 2011, 01:53:50 AM
Did anyone attend this event? One of the special guests was 11-year-old Mallory Bechtel, whom I've been following on YouTube for awhile now. Her voice totally blows me away, and it's neat to see her getting some attention in NY with Broadway singers. If anyone attended I'd be curious to see if there's any buzz about her future in theater.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Tiffany_Schleighs_Birthday_Benefit_Concert_Held_At_Rachels_221_20110209

http://www.youtube.com/user/bechtel101

Relatively Small Cast Comedies to suggest for a Community Theatre
 Jan 2 2011, 10:52:38 PM
I second Noises Off, if you have a cast good at physical comedy. Rumors is also great.
'13' set design
 Aug 1 2010, 08:28:42 PM
re: lightguy06222,

That was a little over the top. I'm guessing this isn't for a big-time regional performance but rather for a local show (OP, correct me if I'm wrong). I imagine this person just wants to put on a great show for a talented group of kids, and is reaching out to get some ideas to mix with his/her own creative brainstorming. Good luck, OP!

Best Family Musical?
 Jul 29 2010, 12:31:44 AM
I'd say Wicked and South Pacific are very much what people would expect out of a musical, traditionally. I very much enjoyed both.
re: Wicked Rush Lately?
 Jul 24 2010, 11:15:50 AM
Last night (Friday) there were still hundreds of people entering the lottery
Current Rush/Lottery Status
 Jun 29 2010, 08:33:24 PM
When the rush information says "two tickets per student ID," can the second ticket user be a non-student? The person I want to bring is not of student age. This worked for me at Sondheim on Sondheim, but the theater was nowhere near full. I'm curious about Next Fall and La Cage.
What cast recording are you hooked on at the moment?
 Jun 19 2010, 12:44:54 AM
Next to Normal - enjoyed the music on stage, but love it even more on the recording when I can really focus on the voices and lyrics
Jeez! How much is Matthew Morrison making on GLEE?!
 Jun 19 2010, 12:43:29 AM
Keep in mind he also probably gets a big cut of the iTunes sales, especially on songs he does solo
GLEE - Discuss Tonight's (4/13) Episode
 Apr 14 2010, 01:55:41 AM
perfectliar - I agree entirely. I've always appreciated Glee, campiness and all, but it went a little too far in this episode. Everyone overacted (especially Mr. Groff) and the songs seemed more random than usual. I also thought the Vogue thing was odd, and too long. Sue's best lines were given away in the preview, and Britney had too just-ok one-liners. I really hope the other episodes aren't like this... I was expecting these episodes to be even more "on" than the others because the write
'Promises, Promises' reviews -
 Apr 11 2010, 11:58:37 PM
I read an article stating that Anne Hathaway was at one time up for Kristin's part. Anyone know why that didn't happen? She seems a little random at first, but I think she could have been great...
'Promises, Promises' reviews -
 Apr 11 2010, 12:40:38 AM
I thought Sean Hayes was absolutely charming and delightful. Didn't remind me of JustJack at all (which was what I was expecting). He's not the best singer on Broadway, but it didn't matter - his acting was wonderful, and his singing was just fine. Kristin is miscast, oh well. Overall I was very impressed by the dance numbers and general production.

I was a little confused over Say a Little Prayer and A House is Not a Home. They didn't seem to fit into the plot at all...

Lips Together..Has just been cancelled !!
 Mar 26 2010, 12:55:06 AM
Re: muscle23ftl

If Butz were being replaced in this analogy, this would be very true. But we're comparing Mullally to Piven, who is just as famous (and more recently so) as Mullally.

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM First Preview??
 Mar 24 2010, 03:56:11 PM
Re: PalJoey and others

I apologize for the mixup with the Gypsy song - sometimes the audience would keep clapping for so long that you missed what Sondheim intro-ed about each song, and I must not have realized it was a tune that wasn't in the final show. As I said above, I thought it was really interesting that the show included alternate versions of things.

I think it's going a little far to say we "missed the entire point of the show." This show celebrated what Sondheim

for sure TONY winners of 2010!
 Mar 24 2010, 03:03:29 AM
What?? Gina Gershon and John Stamos were the worst part of Bye Bye Birdie. I nominate Allie Trimm.
SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM First Preview??
 Mar 24 2010, 02:56:49 AM
I saw this past Saturday's matinee on HipTix. Our $20 seats were far back but just fine for this type of performance. I thought it was a little long, and too heavy on the slow numbers - I zoned out in the middle of the first act. Some of it was very, very good, but my mom and I agreed that we wished they had chosen some of the bigger numbers from his shows (ex. she didn't even remember the track from Gypsy). I loved the behind-the-scenes commentary from Sondheim, especially details about the
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You