News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for L_Ash826

Member Name: L_Ash826
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!  May 9 2022, 11:16:39 AM

Oh come on… I generally like Katrina but she couldn’t sing the role and she made strange and underwhelming acting choices. She didn’t do it for me at all and I’m glad that Tony voters are sending the message that we still want our lead actresses in a musical to have great voices (sorry Beanie and Katrina).

2022 Tony Awards Predictions  Mar 23 2022, 11:37:31 AM

heybaby said: "I thought Doyle did very, very little with what is a great comedic song. IMHO- Fitzgeral, Sieber and Elder are all giving more impressive performances."

Totally agree. I would be very disappointed if Doyle wins the Tony. The song did all the work, he just managed to get all of the words out at a decent clip. I thought his comedy was VERY broad throughout the show - started at a 10 and had no where to go - and did not find his dramatic moments moving or

Roundabout TROUBLE IN MIND Ticket Offer for $19.57 previews  Oct 19 2021, 06:18:21 PM
Thanks for posting! Got some for just before opening.
Songs about falling into a toxic relationship?  Oct 17 2021, 06:45:51 PM
Wherever He Ain’t
I regret not seeing...  Nov 18 2020, 10:17:37 AM

I regret not seeing: Grey Gardens at Bay Street Theater, starring Rachel York & Betty Buckley;

Rain, by MJLC starring Eden Espinosa, Betsy Morgan, Elizabeth A. Davis, and Solea Pfeiffer... what a cast.

OnStage Blog Picking Up Dropped NYT #MeToo Broadway Story  Nov 18 2020, 10:14:08 AM

@LizzieCurry, can you point me in the direction of a positive reception on Twitter? I'm only seeing two .gif replies and two non-sequitur responses. 

OnStage Blog Picking Up Dropped NYT #MeToo Broadway Story  Nov 18 2020, 10:02:55 AM

As it's been plainly stated by posters above me, OnStage Blog is trash. I wouldn't count on that blog for any bit of my information. It's run by attention-seeking amateurs hoping to get noticed by posting splashy controversial pieces without adequate research, evidence, or skill. If there is a theatre source out there that is going to pick up the NYT's work and expose the predators... this one ain't it. 

Love to Rebecca Luker and Danny Burstein  Aug 10 2020, 05:49:38 PM

I just read that article and also found it really hard to get through, and just want to tell a story about when I was a waiter at a restaurant on the UWS near where Rebecca and Danny live. Rebecca came in by herself for lunch and sat in my section, and I recognized her as soon as I walked over but I didn't acknowledge that to her. She was so strikingly kind and authentic, she asked my name and called me by it, she was so gracious, and she made the kind of eye-contact where you k

Passion  Aug 2 2020, 12:12:43 PM

Yes, I saw the Signature production at Signature in VA as well and totally agree, Natascia Diaz was excellent. Moving and nuanced, very impressive. Steffanie Leigh's Clara was also great. I was not a fan of Claybourne Elder's Giorgio, who seemed stiff and stilted, and came across as not particularly interested in either Clara or Fosca.

Favorite Christine Daae  Jul 1 2020, 03:14:04 PM

Another vote for Kaley Ann Vorhees here... first saw her as an understudy and was totally blown away, then went back when she took over the role.

Norm Lewis and Deborah Cox in Children of Eden  Jun 1 2020, 03:27:07 PM

Wow, so exciting!! Deborah Cox is going to be amazing in this role.

Stephanie J. Block twitter tiff  May 22 2020, 05:28:21 PM

Anyone know what happened on twitter today? SJB quoted a tweet (now deleted) and said "Please DELETE this thread. I’m sure your intention was in fun, but I find it in terrible form. Thank you."

People responded in support, but someone also replied saying "it was a joke and stephanie wasn’t even tagged in it! she really didn’t mean anything bad by it! it was meant to be a funny thing. She’s a huge stephanie fan and she would never intentionally upset her!"

the tweet

"She is Risen" All-Female JCS EP  Apr 18 2020, 07:38:11 PM

I’m enjoying this new release, especially Morgan James’s Gethsemane. Agreed about Shoshana, not my fav track. A lot of octave switching, and not in a good way. Cynthia sounds great. Looking forward to Vol 2!

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 8 2020, 12:12:43 PM

I'm very excited about Maia Reficco as Natalie - just saw her as Young Eva in Evita at City Center. I was initially very disappointed that they were splitting the role between a younger and an older Eva (and still don't think it adds much, other than a nice moment in Another Suitcase), but watching Maia in the early sections of the show, I was half-wishing that we'd get to watch her play the rest of it... really interesting acting and an exciting voice. I think she'l

Mack and mabel  Jul 10 2019, 06:37:54 AM
Very excited to hear about Alexandra Socha! I didn’t see Hey Look me Over, but here’s a promotional clip where she sings a cut of “Look What Happened to Mabel” and I think I watched this 100 times.

https://youtu.be/782TjtCHnek

I just loooove her voice, love to watch her. She was such a standout in Fun Home at the Public (still prefer and play her recordings), and her performance of the song “Good Girl” in Head Over Heels was one of the highlights.

(Side note, I was really hoping for a cast album of HoH specifically for that track... if anyone happens to have or know of a recording, help a pal out!)

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Jun 21 2019, 10:15:50 AM
Finally saw this last week; wow, I disliked it so much! Chad Beguelin’s lyrics and the book were so unfunny to me. The songs mostly seemed like less exciting knock offs of other songs. Characters just say zany things in order to be surprising. Motivations are very questionable. Emma doesn’t believe Alyssa that she didn’t know, even after dating for a year and a half? Seems like that is only to keep the plot going into act two. I liked all of the actors playing the “Broadway actors” but the roles
Songs about Body Positivity  Jun 20 2019, 02:15:22 PM

In My Body is a new musical that premiered in Philadelphia - almost all the songs might fall into the category of body positivity. From their website (http://www.inmybodythemusical.com/): "COVERING and UNCOVERING gender identity, infertility, bullying, pride, aging, obesity, trauma, self-loathing, disability, passion, sexuality, love and so much more." 

Santino leaving Dolly?  May 5 2018, 02:38:19 PM

DAME said: "I like him. But he is bland in this show. Don’t beat yourself up if you miss him in this."

I disagree, I saw him in it this week and thought he was wonderful. His voice sounds so beautiful on this score and I loved his acting in the role. I previously saw Gavin Creel and was more charmed by Santino.

Soft Power  May 4 2018, 08:52:55 PM
Looking forward to hearing about it
Onstage Blog: Casting Actors With A  Apr 26 2018, 11:29:41 AM
This blog is trash and that "writer" is a joke
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You