Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 1:42pm

Oh, okay. Just take my money, Kennedy Center. I don’t need it or anything. That’s fine.

So exciting!!

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#3Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 2:34pm

Yep, the daughter is going to drag me to DC on this one.

ebenn77
#4Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 3:51pm

I'm considering becoming an associate member just so I can get early access to these tickets lol. I saw they're going on sale to the public in September, but do we know if they will be released earlier? I do not want to miss this one.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#5Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 4:10pm

I was just looking on their calendar wondering when we might hear anything. How exciting. Early access is the earliest you can get them. This will be a very popular show, I'm glad I am a member.  

dwwst12 Profile Photo
dwwst12
#6Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 8:37pm

After seeing Dear Evan Hansen the first time, I said to my wife that Rachel Bay Jones and Michael Park would be a perfect Diana/Dan team for N2N.  So that's one half of it....!

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#7Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 10:31pm

But also BYE BYE BIRDIE!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#8Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/28/19 at 10:50pm

If anyone has the early access and might be willing to snag me a pair when they buy their own it would be very so so appreciated. I’d be coming all the way from Louisville, so joining to get it doesn’t make a ton of sense, but I really don’t want to miss out on tickets if this sells as well as most think it will.

Updated On: 3/28/19 at 10:50 PM

ebenn77
#9Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/29/19 at 10:08am

It looks like member access starts 9/3/2019 and they go on sale to the general public 9/12/2019. People who have bought tickets from KenCen before, what's your experience with how fast they go? I'm thinking I'll just pay the associate member subscription to get the presale since I'm in NYC, but others aren't so lucky. Also, how many tickets are you allowed to purchase? I would need 3, so if you only get access to 2 tickets through the member presale, that wouldn't work for some folks. I'll also probably give KenCen a call lol so if I find the answers, I'll post here for anyone else. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#10Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 3/29/19 at 10:59am

Got my ticket when I renewed my subscription. Excited! I'm a big fan of these Center Stage shows.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#11Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 8:42am

Does this transfer to Broadway, does it tour, any guesses?

Stephanatic

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 8:59am

It could... but it could be just for the Kennedy Center. Seems too soon to bring it to NY...but shell be AMAZING.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

astorian_ofthe_heart
#13Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 3:18pm

Since it's one of those half-staged concerts for the Kennedy Center, I don't see it coming to Broadway immediately. The story is so timeless that you would really need to come in with a strong concept to revive it for a Broadway audience, IMO. But a tour isn't out of the question. I don't know if she'll tour with it, but that would be awesome if they did a tour with her.

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#14Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 3:45pm

Got my tickets already.  I have never seen this show, and was so excited when they announced!

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#15Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 4:48pm

If ever there was an ideal actor to play this role, it's Rachel Bay Jones.  I'm sure she will be wonderful and terribly touching in the part and I wish I could see it.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#16Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 6:18pm

Can we get Second Stage to bring it in with Cromwell directing?!!

Hot Pants Profile Photo
Hot Pants
#17Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 8:39pm

Rachel Bay Jones is going to knock this out of the park

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#18Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 6/20/19 at 10:59pm

I saw what this show did to Alice Ripley, by tour time she was burnt and probably shouldn't have done it.  Rachel beat my girl for DEH, I want SJB to play this role if it becomes a revival.  I can die happy after that.

Stephanatic

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#19Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 9/12/19 at 1:35pm

General sale started today. How is the balcony at the Kennedy Center. I bought two tickets in the balcony...they were $101 each with fees...

theaterdarling
#20Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 9/12/19 at 7:45pm

For those of you interested in an ever so brief sneak peak/hint of what Jones will be like as Diana she joined Aaron Tveit and Jennifer Damiano on  "Super Boy and the Invisible Girl"  as part of the NYT TimesTalks  honoring Michael Greif in October 2016, right before DEH opened on Broadway. The entire Talk (about 1 hour 15 minutes) is well worth listening to with a lot of great reflections by Greif (and in addition to the aforementioned, Ben Platt, Adam Chanler-Berat, Rebeca Naomi Jones are also featured in musical numbers--with no less than Alex Lacamoire as accompanist!)  but "SB and the IG" starts at about 41:23.                    

https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/videos/timestalks-broadway/10150945570174999/

dukes3
#21Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 1/4/20 at 7:43am

For those who use MyTix, does the Kennedy Center typically offer MyTix for the Broadway Center Stage productions? 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#22Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 1/4/20 at 8:04am

dukes3 said: "For those who use MyTix, does the Kennedy Center typically offer MyTix for the Broadway Center Stage productions?"

I wouldn’t think they will for this, it seems to be very well sold.

I’m going on the first and cannot wait!! Jones will be incredible. Hope we get a full cast announcement soon 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#23Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 1/4/20 at 8:04am

dukes3 said: "For those who use MyTix, does the Kennedy Center typically offer MyTix for the Broadway Center Stage productions?"

I wouldn’t think they will for this, it seems to be very well sold.

I’m going on the first and cannot wait!! Jones will be incredible. Hope we get a full cast announcement soon 

Rosette3
#24Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 1/4/20 at 1:34pm

Yes they typically do. It a KC production so I think they have more say if/how many they can allocate (whereas with tours I presume they need to negotiate with production company). Tommy and Footloose were both on MyTix in previous years but sold out very quickly. IIRC there were a few releases of MyTix tickets for Footloose leading up to the show since it didn't sell as well. If you join the FB group the moderator (thats also KC staff) is very good at communicating what will be on MyTix and when it goes on sale so you can set alarm. Enjoy while you can,  I aged out this year and it sucks. You can find me in the cheapest rear balcony lol 

On related note as there been any other casting announcements? I know these typically are put together pretty last minute but we are only a few weeks out and only two leads have been announced (that I am aware of)

ETA: update from FB group mod as of yesterday 1/3 "Hi guys! We still haven't secured a MyTix offer for BCS: Next to Normal, but if we do, the MyTix offer will likely be made available a few days before the performances offered. I'll continue to update this thread as I know more!"

Updated On: 1/4/20 at 01:34 PM

hartless
#25Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 1/6/20 at 1:09pm

Any update on the rest of the cast?

Henry, Natalie, and Gabe have yet to be announced from what I can see.