News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pacificnorthwest

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
Member Name: pacificnorthwest
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Radio City — no discount?  Dec 24 2023, 05:57:52 PM

Thank you, everyone! Went to the box office with the code and got a great seat for the late show tonight without breaking the bank. 

Radio City — no discount?  Dec 22 2023, 08:43:00 AM

I haven't been to the holiday show in more than 20 years, but am looking to fill a hole or two in my schedule Christmas Eve/Christmas. It seems like there are ample seats available at the performances I've checked but I'm not seeing any discount codes. Just wondering if I'm missing something somewhere. Thanks!

Rear orchestra at Leopoldstadt  Jun 14 2023, 12:59:07 PM

Trying to advise a friend on tickets for Leopoldstadt, which unfortunately I haven't seen. (Still hoping to beat the July 2 closing.)

Question is: How much does the mezz overhang interfere with the sight line? Elevated set or mostly at stage level?

Appreciate any help! 

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  Apr 24 2023, 06:11:43 PM

Dylan Smith4: That would be awesome. I had no idea it had been streamed, or that it might be again. Was that for live performances only at the time? 

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  Apr 24 2023, 03:31:53 PM

Good grief... re: not a NY Times' critic's pick. I know I'm not the first here to ask what the hell Jesse Green's problem is.

But my real question is, what are the chances that in the wake of the reviews, or next week after the nominations, that the "strictly limited" 10-week run will be extended?

Feel very lucky to have seen the final preview Saturday night. And FWIW, I'd posted a question a couple of weeks ago about the seats in the last row of th

Prima Facie seating  Apr 6 2023, 04:40:11 PM

Good to know! Especially as I bit the bullet and bought the ticket. Thanks!

Prima Facie seating  Apr 6 2023, 03:57:32 PM

I tend to be very careful about orchestra seating with regard the mezzanine overhang. But the back row of the Golden has the only open seats at the date/time I need if I'm going to see Prima Facie this month.

I looked up images of the set from London, which looks amazing with the floor to ceiling (as it were) library. As far as I could tell, there weren't any catwalks, so I'm assuming all or most of the play takes place on the stage itself. In other words, I'm talking m

What show tonight?  Dec 17 2022, 10:51:44 AM

Thank you all for the help! I ended up seeing the magnificent Into the Woods. last night. I've been a little off my theater game lately (hadn't made up from the DC area since summertime) and was under the impression the ITW was sold out, at least for any "affordable" seat. But I ended up with a good one in the mid-mezzanine. 

Now trying to decide if I'm to keep wandering today or go to a matinee.

What show tonight?  Dec 16 2022, 09:33:54 AM

Thanks! I appreciate that perspective. What else among the newer offerings would you recommend? 

What show tonight?  Dec 16 2022, 08:28:56 AM

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.

What show tonight?  Dec 16 2022, 07:35:39 AM

On the train headed up to NYC and in the rare position of having an unfilled theater slot for a weekend trip. Tomorrow night I’m seeing Kimberly Akimbo but tonight is open. I’ve been leaning toward 1776, more out of curiosity about it as a theater experiment than a deep desire to see it. 

Would love to hear pros and cons on that and any other thoughts on what anyone thinks is must-see theater — plays or musicals.

T

Company  Jun 18 2022, 08:19:21 PM

Back in December, I saw the first 8 minutes of “Company.” I’m sure lots of you here have the full scoop behind the abrupt shutdown (semi-abrupt, we got some quality time when Patti LuPone before they officially pulled the plug)… anyway, the theater announcer said it was an actor with food poisoning. What he didn’t say, based on the the leaks later, is that there weren’t any understudies available due to COVID.

My curiosity about that aside, six mont

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 21 2021, 10:15:34 AM

What a terrific, thoughtful review, Jimmyb1969. Thanks! I hope the MM team takes your suggestions to heart.

Also hope I can get tickets eventually. I loved the last incarnation (at least I think it was the most recent -- 2001?). 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 16 2021, 01:36:36 PM

re:
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/weve-never-seen-this-before-in-nyc-covid-positivity-rate-doubles-in-3-days-as-omicron-spreads/3454450/
"

That article mentions that for those who are vaccinated, Omricon infection can feel like the common cold. That concerns me because I’ve been having cold symptoms (my regular allergy meds not helping much) for the last several days and been trying to tell myself it’s just allergies although my allergies are usually well controlled in the winter (we have had a mild season thus far though so likely lots of pollen still out there, I suppose?). I’ve been more cautious than many here lately, but I guess It’s time to get tested again.
"

It's so hard to know. I've had exactly those kind of cold symptoms... runny nose, sneezing, but I've had them for weeks. It wasn't until I had a direct Covid exposure end of last week that I got tested. It was negative, thankfully, especially given that I'm supposed to take the train up tomorrow. I'm triple-vaxxed, I'll take all precautions, but even so the rapid infection rate is a concern. Though the vast majority end up with a mild case, not everyone does. Rolling the dice, I should be fine. But I'm still changing my mind every five minutes.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 16 2021, 11:58:54 AM

I'm also a weekender, coming up from DC. Tomorrow is just my second trip up since the pandemic, when I used to get up every couple of months for theater and otherwise enjoy the city.

I have tickets for Company and Caroline or Change, in case there's any news out there about those shows.

This was posted in the last half hour, re: omicron positivity doubling the last three days:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/weve-never-seen-this-before-in-nyc-covid-positivity-rate-doubles-in-3-days-as-omicron-spreads/3454450/

Broadway to reopen Sept 14  May 5 2021, 02:58:34 PM

Responding to Jordan, re: Now try and convince me to stay in a crowded indoor public space for several hours when I have been quite overcautious throughout this pandemic."

I've been super-cautious, too, and even though I'm double-vaccinated now, I'm not sure I'll be comfortable in a crowded theater.

Which doesn't mean I'm not going... 

I'll certainly be looking for aisle seats. smiley

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 30 2019, 01:09:47 PM

re: Enron

I did, too, TotallyEffed.

Moulin Rouge Previews  Jul 13 2019, 08:20:48 AM

Please delete

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:18:10 PM

Please delete

What were your favorite musical showstopper moments this season?  Jun 9 2019, 03:44:05 PM

Too Darn Hot!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You