News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chicagotheater

Member Name: chicagotheater
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone seen The Last Sip previews?  Oct 1 2014, 05:07:17 PM
KIDS!
Last Ship Preview: Bravo!  Oct 1 2014, 05:04:46 PM
Far from being afraid. Tired of the complaints from people on every show they see.
Last Ship Preview: Bravo!  Oct 1 2014, 05:03:24 PM
I was an usher myself so grow up.
Last Ship Preview: Bravo!  Oct 1 2014, 05:02:53 PM
The money came from the church
Last Ship Preview: Bravo!  Oct 1 2014, 01:39:54 PM
I am with Buffalo Bill. the other link is too negative. I cannot believe how everyone is nit-picking every little thing. This is a Drama Musical, not a Patti Lupone Gypsy, or Showboat, or Mame.
People that are so negative is the reason shows do not run on Broadway. I also bet you that 90% of the people that pick so much paid 30.00 a ticket. So they go to too many shows and after a while become jaded. Like being an usher at a movie theater. After so many movies it is not as enjoyable as the f

The Last Ship - Chicago  Jul 9 2014, 01:55:15 PM
This is my way of reviewing a show. I spend a lot of money to sit very close. First I can and second at my age I am able to. I love to see the sweat and spit of the actors showing they are really giving all they have to give for a great performance.

If I come out of the show Happy and not feeling it was a waste of money I loved the show. It gave me an evening of entertainment which is what we all go for, is it not? To be entertained. To laugh, cry and feel excited.
I just do not li

The Last Ship - Chicago  Jul 8 2014, 05:22:26 PM
Just like Matt said. "I GIVE MY OPINOIN" The reason I do not go on this site a lot is that it is a one sided conversation. There are certain people on here who seem to run the message board. Anytime someone gives what they think they get cut down.
Like for instance about the $25.00 tickets. WHAT THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE MONEY AND LEAVE EMPTY SEATS? . I work in the theater business and there are many many people who come at the last min. and buy tickets. YES even high price ones. Just like an

The Last Ship - Chicago  Jul 8 2014, 04:22:41 PM
A Drama that is set to music.
The Last Ship - Chicago  Jul 8 2014, 03:44:20 PM
I don't comment on here a lot but Matt you make me very angry on how you seem to not enjoy different types of theater and yet you are an actor. I am sure if you were chosen for The Last Ship you would have a different view.
In seeing the show Sunday, because of all the negative remarks like yours, I was afraid I would fall asleep and hate it.
I LOVED IT. The music was refreshing and beautiful. The sets were AMAZNG. Sometimes making you use your mind and imagination, the way theater use t

CARRIE THE MUSICAL CD SIGNING TODAY  Sep 25 2012, 11:19:47 AM
IF ANYONE IS GOING TO THE CD SIGNING OF CARRIE THE MUSICAL AT BN TODAY AND GETS AN EXTRA COPY SIGNED I WILL PAY YOU NICELY FOR IT PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I LOVE THIS BOOK MOVIE MUSICAL EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
Liza Minnelli - The Act  Aug 28 2012, 12:04:52 PM
In Chicago we had the world premier. It was called SHINE IT ON I still have the playbill. Being a LIZA fan I went, so excited. She had longer hair and the whole show and costumes were different than what it would become later. It had a story, kind of, girl from rural goes to city to make it big. Like New York New York. Well 3 hours into it people were leaving, I know they are previews but they were nailing scenery together while she was singing and it was a MESS. It was so bad they cut her hair
Anger at Sondheim concert at Ravinia  Aug 4 2010, 04:04:00 PM
I hate to tell you.........
I love it when everyone knows how it is done.
I have been a subscriber to Broadway in Chicago,and other theaters....they do not give all the best seats to the subscribers. I know people who have worked on some of these places. They keep the best seats to try and sell at a higer price. I had terriable seats at Broadway in Chicago and did better and cheaper doing it on my own.
Don't be fooled that you can get any seat you want being a subscriber.........

Anger at Sondheim concert at Ravinia  Aug 3 2010, 03:54:56 PM
The other thing I hate about Ravinia when I called a couple of years ago for the series of three shows in the theater, I called on the first day tickets went on sale.
They will not tell you where your seats are until you get the tickets in a month or so.
They had me all the way in the back of the theater. Mind you it is not a big theater so not so bad . When I called them they said we take care of our subscribers fist and then you. Needless to say I blew. How dare you treat people like

PROMISES, PROMISES - LONDON CAST RECORDING!  Jul 27 2010, 07:47:55 PM
LOVE LOVE BK have ordered many....I see Dress circle came out with Petula Clark in The Sound Of Music....and chance you can do it here???????????Great LP
Addams Family Cast Cd signing  Jun 28 2010, 06:29:58 PM
Thank you Just_John. No Nathan....glad I got him to sign poster in Chicago.....much appreciated......
Addams Family Cast Cd signing  Jun 28 2010, 12:11:31 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before. Is there or was there a cast signing of the Addams Family CD?
Those 'Bummer' Moments When They Announce An Understudy...  May 2 2010, 06:38:10 PM
I think I have a top story. Live in Chicago went to New York to see Grey Gardens. Two days before I leave I get a message both Christine Ebersole and Mary Louis Wilson will not be playing the night I am going. I have no free night or day. Booked 5 plays 4 days.
Went anyway no one knew the reason why even at the theater. The play was closing the next week.
Saw athe undersudies Maureen Moore and Dale Soules. Thought they were great could not imagine anyone else doing the play LOved it.
Unsinkable Molly Brown reading w/ Sutton Foste  May 2 2010, 12:10:06 AM
yea and Bye Bye Birdie waas a great moment in Theater........get a life
Curtains for Amateur Theatre  Apr 29 2010, 11:18:10 PM
If you directed shows like the one I saw hats off to you. EXCELLENT!!!!!! That is the Cary-Grove High School in Illinois

Curtains for Amateur Theatre  Apr 29 2010, 05:26:47 PM
High school in Cary Illinois did it and WOW I saw the Broadway cast. This High School production was GREAT. Everything about it was Broadway style
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You