Curtains for Amateur Theatre

bwaybri2
#1Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 5:20pm

Has anyone done Curtains with an Amater/High School cast - I guess it is available

chicagotheater
#2Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 5:26pm

High school in Cary Illinois did it and WOW I saw the Broadway cast. This High School production was GREAT. Everything about it was Broadway style

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#2Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 5:40pm

I saw a high school production in Michigan and it was pretty damn good as well! What a fun show!

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#3Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 6:04pm

"Curtains" is an ideal show for high schools, I think, because it has a TON of parts, for both boys and girls, and a big ensemble.

That, of course, presents its challenges as well, because there are a ton of production numbers in the show.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 9:49pm

I reccomend a simple red velvet with large Gold fringe.

#5Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 10:44pm

Wow Chicago- I went to Cary- A million years ago! I even directed shows there!

willep
#6Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 11:17pm

I was in a summer production with a mostly high school (a couple college) aged cast. It was great fun!

chicagotheater
#7Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 11:18pm

If you directed shows like the one I saw hats off to you. EXCELLENT!!!!!! That is the Cary-Grove High School in Illinois
Updated On: 4/29/10 at 11:18 PM

SweeneyPhanatic
#8Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/29/10 at 11:19pm

My school is doing Curtains this Fall. I'm excited, but a little worried because our theatre is a 106 seat black box. I saw the show in NY, so I still have that production seared into my memory. I'm sure our scenic designer and director will come up with a way to make it work (they did it with The Wedding Singer last Fall, and Thoroughly Modern Millie last Spring).

-- SDG

TRW
#9Curtains for Amateur Theatre
Posted: 4/30/10 at 4:18pm

The rights to CURTAINS are available through Theatrical Rights Worldwide. Feel free to give us a call with questions or to apply. 866-378-9758 or visit www.theatricalrights.com

Updated On: 4/30/10 at 04:18 PM