News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JumpJumpJumpSoHigh

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
Member Name: JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Heathers Concert at Joes Pub
 Sep 14 2010, 03:55:53 PM
I find Joe's Pub very strange with regard to minimums: you can choose EITHER the two-drink minimum OR the $12 food minimum. Which makes very little sense when you consider that their drinks are invariably upwards of $12 each.

Very crowded, but not a mob scene. I was actually pleasantly surprised: this was possibly the chillest crowd I've ever seen at a Joe's gig. I just hope it's as nice tonight. :)

Sep 14 2010, 12:00:57 AM
Went in expecting to love it, and love it I did. Two thumbs way up from this girl.
 Sep 13 2010, 06:54:51 PM
It's okay, Anakela. I'll be there both nights too -- you know, for the sole purpose of not-judging you. :)

TITANIC w/ Cuervo, Moran, Mulheren, Petkoff, Piech & Stram
 Jun 22 2010, 09:57:47 AM
Horrible, horrible sound issues aside, I had a lot of fun last night. Titanic was one of my favorite shows when it was on Broadway, and I'd nearly forgotten how much I loved it. Some of the book (and lyrics) are a little clunky, but last night I was newly blown away by how gorgeous the music is. Yeston has a real gift for an atmospheric score.

My favorite performances came from the folks who had been in the cast before. It felt like I was watching them step back into the physicalities

Ragtime runtime?
 Nov 25 2009, 11:30:57 AM
Apologies if this is a repeat, but my search didn't turn up anything. Does anyone know the runtime of Ragtime? Seeing it tonight, and have to get out of the city to visit the fam afterwards!

JJJ

re: Legally Blonde FINAL PERFORMANCE
 Oct 20 2008, 12:14:17 PM
Whoops, my bad! I had no idea about Kate Rockwell. That's what I get for not paying attention to things. Well, too bad about Autumn. I really loved her in the Leilani track, though. Lots of stage presence, that girl.

~JJJ

Oct 20 2008, 12:04:54 PM
Ditto re: Autumn. She was my favorite from the MTV show, and I would've loved to see her go on as Elle.

But hey, kudos to Bailey for being enough of a pro not to miss a performance!

~JJJ

Oct 19 2008, 11:27:01 PM
Just got back. It was a great performance, but while everyone definitely upped it a notch, nothing particularly noteworthy happened, except Orfeh riffing the HELL out of nearly every note she sang, and Bailey crying at the end of the ballad in act 2.

I was very sad that they didn't even do a special curtain call. No director/writer/crew on stage, no speeches from anyone, nothing at all.

The audience was fantastic though -- there was entrance applause for just about everyone,

re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
 Aug 11 2008, 11:17:54 AM
Back when I was working at Barnes & Noble (just outside the city), I rang up Roger Bart in the music department. He was on Desperate Housewives at the time (is he still? I haven't seen that show in forever), so I think he was surprised to be recognized from something other than TV. His face lit up when I told him I'd seen him as Snoopy. It was really cute.

(Once I also rang up Elvis Costello. That time, I was WAY too chicken to say anything to him.)

~JJJ

re: Blood Brothers vs. The Scarlet Pimpernel (March Madness, Round 2, game
 Mar 17 2008, 09:22:13 PM
Pimpernel, most definitely. :)
re: Heathers...The Musical?!
 Feb 23 2008, 07:53:45 PM
They're still writing; no demos have even been done yet. So, no casting yet either.

But I can't wait...

~JJJ

re: What's next for Composer Larry O'Keefe I hear you say...
 Feb 22 2008, 03:54:18 PM
::ignores the hate::

Well, if Bat Boy was anything to judge by, I'd say the bite of the film is in pretty good hands.

(No pun intended, I swear. Just pretend I said "edginess" or "sarcasm" or something.)

~JJJ

re: Floyd Collins
 Feb 22 2008, 01:38:12 PM
Unfortunately I missed NYU's production, though I heard amazing things about it. But I saw the weekend-revival-only production that Playwrights Horizons did several years ago, when they first opened their new theatre on 42nd. It was absolutely one of the most astounding shows I've ever seen -- and that was with little to no staging, and half the cast carrying scripts in their hands! The score is just transcendant, and it's amazing how much they were able to convey with just a couple chairs an
re: What's next for Composer Larry O'Keefe I hear you say...
 Feb 22 2008, 01:27:39 PM
It's true it's true it's true. I am so ridiculously excited for this. :)

~JJJ

re: Larry O Key Change?
 Feb 21 2008, 04:42:52 PM
Ahh, thank you! I'll do that after work today... :)

~JJJ

re: Larry O Key Change?
 Feb 21 2008, 04:32:51 PM
That sounds kinda funny and random -- what is this "Battery's Down" thing and where can I see/hear it? :)

~JJJ

re: Overrated Musicals?
 Jan 4 2008, 04:12:13 AM
Of current shows? Spring Awakening and Wicked, for sure.

And Mamma Mia, but for a different reason. Let's face it -- that show doesn't exactly have a reputation for being artistically brilliant anyway. But it has a reputation for being fun, and I was bored out of my mind. Hence, overrated.

And up until I saw the PBS concert recently, I'd've said South Pacific too. Congratulations to Reba for being the first actress EVER to make me enjoy Nellie as a character, and actually c

re: Thoughts on IS HE DEAD?
 Dec 10 2007, 01:30:43 PM
Thanks for the info, Yankeesfan. I haven't read the original, but I think I'm glad that all those characters got cut -- they might have gotten too confusing after a while, I think. :)

~JJJ

re: Dance of the Vampires
 Dec 10 2007, 01:23:44 PM
As I understand it, the German production was a straight-up Gothic fantasy, right? The Broadway production was hampered by a severe identity crisis: it didn't know whether it wanted to be serious or comic. The serious parts were often really cool (everything from "Red Boots Ballet" to the end of Act One was pretty awesome), and the funny parts were often genuinely funny -- but they just didn't blend into a cohesive whole. I don't know if it was the producers or director trying to "Americanize"
re: Thoughts on IS HE DEAD?
 Dec 7 2007, 01:13:18 PM
I saw it the other night and LOVED it. Sure, the basic idea has been done before, but it was a fun story, well directed, and BRILLIANTLY acted. Sorry for the caps.

I'm curious: does anyone remember specifically which jokes were added by Ives? I haven't read the original play, so I've no idea.

~JJJ

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You