News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for producersfan2

Member Name: producersfan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: beauty and the beast
 Nov 30 2004, 08:38:52 PM
of course Shrek preaches that it's what's inside that counts while mercilessly making fun of short people.
re: nathan lane in producers
 Nov 30 2004, 08:37:48 PM
what are you talking about? there were many many changes.
re: beauty and the beast
 Nov 30 2004, 08:36:41 PM
hehe. brings me back to middle school days, where we'd sit in the cafeteria and discuss which disney heroines we'd rather ****.
beauty and the beast
 Nov 30 2004, 08:28:38 PM
I was thinking, B&TB teaches some pretty dangerous lessons to young girls. The beast is horrible abusive and cruel to Belle, yet it's her responsibility to be patient and remain kind and reinterpret his behavior.
re: What's the big deal about Avenue Q?
 Nov 30 2004, 08:18:53 PM
I guess nothing's perfect. Wicked has some thrilling songs, especially Defying Gravity, but the show as a whole is mediocre. Still, I think Urinetown was a much better show than Avenue Q, and if there was only one chance for a small hip show to beat a big traditional blockbuster, Urinetown should've been it.
re: Woman in White Broadway Bound
 Nov 30 2004, 08:16:51 PM
Do you think Michael Crawford in a fat suit will make it here?
re: ? about maureen and benny from rent
 Nov 30 2004, 08:15:30 PM
Idina is so hot, I wouldn't be surprised if everybody who played Benny tried to do it.
What's the big deal about Avenue Q?
 Nov 30 2004, 08:13:42 PM
I haven't seen the show, but I have the cast recording and I think the humor is sophomoric and unsophisticated. It has a few clever rhymes and pretensions to insight into real life, but it's superficial and the ending is completely inane. "My purpose in life is to turn everything I've learned into a show!" That is the most unsatisfying ending ever.
re: Little Shop / Seymour Audition
 Nov 30 2004, 08:10:41 PM
But if you're singing anything by Leo Bloom or Charlie Brown or Bobbie Strong, make sure you understand the difference between them and Seymour. While these other characters are cartoonishly neurotic, Seymour is a disenfranchized, broken young man with little hope remaining. He is not a child, he has practically lived his life in a sewer, abused by everyone. He is a slave to his own social inadequacies. On the surface he is sweet and patient, in reality he is desperate and tragic.
re: Nathan Lane and Brad Oscar
 Nov 30 2004, 08:05:36 PM
If I were Lane, I'd be angry that another actor is channelling my performance and taking my decisions without any personal creative contributions to the interpretation. Oscar is charmless in the role. He's appropriated Lane's mannerisms but can't pull them off since he isn't Lane himself. I can't wait for Richard Kind to take over.
re: readings and payment
 Nov 30 2004, 08:02:47 PM
Depends on the musical. I could write a show and ask my friends to be in the reading. Doesn't mean I have to pay them.
re: ALL SHOOK UP Sets Balcony Ticket Price @ $19.55
 Nov 30 2004, 08:01:19 PM
All Shook Up will probably be terrible anyway. Another unimaginative catalogue show.
nathan lane in producers
 Nov 30 2004, 08:00:10 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the board as well. Do you think that since Nathan Lane has done The Producers so much, his performance in the film will suffer? I can't imagine it staying fresh at this point. He's probably tried every single approach and is really sick of the part.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You