News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for migioso

Member Name: migioso
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bonnie & Clyde rush
 Dec 29 2011, 01:46:50 AM
My friend tried to rush today--he got there sometime after 9, and someone came out of the box office at about 9:45 and told the people in line that there wouldn't be any rush at all that day because both shows were sold out, but they could come back at 1pm for the cancellation line. I went there later in the afternoon to ask about the rest of the week, and the guy told me that they never know for sure until day of, but that they're very well sold and it's likely that they won't have any more ru
South Pacific Act Breakdowns
 Jul 23 2010, 09:14:28 PM
When I last saw it (September '09) , Act I was about 1:35 and and Act II was just under an hour.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Jul 1 2010, 09:35:06 PM
It's true - I was at lotto to help a friend, and saw his name on the board when I went in to buy the ticket for her. Maybe he's the Dan/doctors understudy while Michael is Dan in Brian's absence?
Fences SRO lately?
 Jun 30 2010, 11:57:49 PM
My friend and I arrived at about 6:50 today, and the person in front of us was the last person to get a ticket. She said she had gotten there at about 6:30.
Papermill Stage door
 Jan 4 2010, 02:01:11 AM
The one time I went by the stage door, there were maybe eight or ten people there. It was really cold and late at night though, so I don't know if that was a normal experience.
re: Does Memphis sell Student Rush tickets?
 Dec 12 2009, 05:49:56 PM
When I was there during previews, it was front row and then whatever was left. $26.50, when the box office opens. I have no idea if that policy still stands, though.
re: Memphis Rush Question
 Sep 30 2009, 02:32:28 AM
I got there about 10 minutes after the box office opened on Sunday and was given front row. My guess is it's front row and then whatever's left.
re: Paulo Szot-what happened??
 Sep 10 2009, 10:31:52 AM
He was out last night, and I'm pretty sure at the matinee as well.
re: Any luck with South Pacific rush lately?
 Sep 9 2009, 11:51:58 PM
My friend and I just did rush tonight. You should have no problem on a weeknight. We were there promptly at 6pm, when they go on sale, and got Row H of the orchestra, off to the side but still a perfect view. There were lots of empty seats in the sides of the orch and all over the mezz (or "loge", as they call it).

P.S. The woman in front of me said to the box office guy that she was surprised it was still open, given that LCT usually does limited runs, and he replied that they wer

re: Next to Normal Colors
 Sep 9 2009, 01:02:38 AM
I also adore the moment in "How Could I Ever Forget?" where Diana has the lyric "my black coat thrown over my blue nightgown" and is wearing a black sweater over a blue shirt. Such a lovely parallel between past and present...
re: Burn the Floor rush
 Aug 10 2009, 05:07:55 PM
Some friends of mine did it a week or so ago, and they were in the front balcony just right of center. It sounded from their conversation with the box office person like rush is pretty much always going to be balcony...
re: Shrek / Little Mermaid running time.
 Jul 26 2009, 12:05:16 PM
In reality, The Little Mermaid is no 2.5 hours. They've got restless kids (and adults) in there, and they know it. I've found it's usually more like 2 hours, 15 minutes, tops.
re: Finian's Rainbow??????
 Jul 16 2009, 12:51:57 PM
Thanks kcd304! The marquee looks great. I love that artwork more and more with time.
re: Future Roles for Susan Blackwell
 Jun 24 2009, 12:58:53 AM
Personally, I'd love to see her as Violet in 9 to 5. It may sound crazy, but...I think it could really work.
re: Die, Vampire, Die sheet music
 Apr 2 2009, 09:47:20 AM
I don't think it's available. Information on how to get individual songs is here: http://www.titleofshow.com/faq.html
but it doesn't look like Die Vampire, Die is available yet. Jeff did mention on the blog that a vocal selections book is on its way, though, so be on the look out for that.

re: Die, Vampire, Die question
 Feb 25 2009, 01:50:23 AM
I think it's supposed to be fake Latin for "Die vampire die". It's not exactly what the Latin would really be, and I don't know Italian so I can't weigh in on that, but given that the whole moment has sort of a church-y feel to it I would imagine it's meant to imitate Latin...
re: How is the Stage Height at the Nederlander?
 Feb 2 2009, 11:25:39 AM
I have tickets for the first row center and the person at the box office said that they would be fine because the stage is really low...I'm not sure what that means or whether to trust her, but I'd assume second row would be fine.
re: Little Mermaid Rush
 Jan 28 2009, 12:38:29 PM
I think, unfortunately, that they really only take college IDs and are very strict about it. When I was there yesterday with a group, the box office guy was really looking at our IDs, examining their expiration dates, etc. I agree that it seems unfair not to accept high school IDs, but it seems like that's how it is for TLM.
re: White Christmas Lottery lately?
 Dec 21 2008, 10:06:30 PM
I was there yesterday matinee with three friends. We all entered and one person won, so we got two tickets. I'd say there were maybe 10-15ish people who didn't win? (They give out 22 tickets.)
re: 13 RUSH = NOT HARD AT ALL
 Dec 9 2008, 09:37:32 PM
Does 1 ticket per ID mean that I could go alone with my ID and a friend's and get 2 tickets, or do both people have to be there?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You