Fences SRO lately?

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#1Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/11/10 at 10:16pm

Can anyone tell me how Fences SRO has been lately? I was hoping to try it tomorrow and I'm interested as to how early people are getting there to make sure they get a spot. Thanks, hope you enjoy the weekend!

Magnolia Profile Photo
Magnolia
#2Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/12/10 at 4:49pm

Hi, I did SRO for Fences on Friday June 4, I got there an 8:30 am and there was only 3 people waiting on line. I asked them 'how long had they been waiting for?' and they said they got there about 10 minutes before I did.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#2Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/13/10 at 1:59am

How did it turn out for you, BWayFanatic? I'm going to try next week and would love to hear.

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#3Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/13/10 at 5:34am

I stupidly asked the box office guy yesterday evening (a Saturday no less!) at around 7 PM. I know, I know! I figured there was no harm in asking lol. But he told me that people get there at around 8-8:30 AM and they are gone pretty quickly. It's definitely picked up since previews. Wound up seeing 'Next Fall' instead. I got great seats at about 7:15 PM. Very good show. Hope the sales pick up.

loganatorr22
#4Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/14/10 at 2:52am

Should I go even earlier on Wed because of their Tony wins?

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#5Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/14/10 at 12:17pm

Any chance for an extension/release of new block of tickets? (sorry if this has already been covered to death...)

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#6Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 7:20am

I'm on the line right now. I got here at 7am and there are 5 people in front of me and like 3 people behind me right now so if you plan on trying today I suggest getting down here quick. I'm trying to get tickets for the night show so I think I will be ok.

Broadway Joe
#7Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 7:56am

Its not even at 8am and there are at least 15 people here already.

Broadway Joe
#8Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/16/10 at 10:23am

I got a ticket for tonights show. I was 6th in line, if you are gonna give this a shot I definetly recommend getting here no later than 7am.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#9Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 3:25pm

How many SRO positions are there?

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

RKO Legend
#10Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:29pm

Updated On: 6/22/10 at 04:29 PM

Broadway Joe
#11Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:39pm

I would get there before 7am, I also recognized about 10 people inside who were waiting on line outside for standing room tickets. I don't know the exact amount that they have though. Tickets were 36.50 I believe. Totally worth it, the play is amazing.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#12Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:45pm

Did the price of the standing room tickets go up from $26.50? (that's the price listed on playbill)

Broadway Joe
#13Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:47pm

Yes they did go up. Still well worth it as the standing room tickets are a great view in the back of the mezz and a hell of a lot cheaper than a normal ticket.

gherbert
#14Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:48pm

Nope, they are still the same price as of a few days ago.

Broadway Joe
#15Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/22/10 at 4:49pm

When did you go? I went on the 16th and it was $36.50

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#16Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/25/10 at 12:32pm

Bumping this...anyone have any line-up info from last weekend? What was the safe time of arrival

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#17Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/26/10 at 11:59am

I'm answering my own question, but I thought this might be helpful:

I arrived at 7am today (Saturday June 26) and was roughly 10th in line (first people in line arrived at 5:30). I was able to get two tickets for the evening performance, however, I don't believe more than 6 or 7 people after me were so lucky. Translation: there were roughly 30 very unhappy people outside the Cort theater this morning.

Moral of the story: if you want to secure tickets, arrive before 7, if you want to play it safe. And yes, tickets were indeed $36.50 each.

Hope this helps!

migioso
#18Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 6/30/10 at 11:57pm

My friend and I arrived at about 6:50 today, and the person in front of us was the last person to get a ticket. She said she had gotten there at about 6:30.

Ilovekevincahoon Profile Photo
Ilovekevincahoon
#19Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/3/10 at 11:58pm

I got there Wed at 5:45am and there were already 5 people in front of me, they had 15 spots for the mat and eve shows.
It was $36.50 and the view was good from the back of the mezz and the play was great!! However after standing on line for over 4 hours and then standing during the show and at stage door for another 3 hours, was a bit much.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#20Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/4/10 at 12:46pm

Did you mean the show and stage door time combined was 3 hours or the stage door time was 3 hours? And has Denzel started signing?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#21Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/6/10 at 4:16pm

What time would you recommend going for tomorrow, I'm hoping to see the matinee.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#22Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/6/10 at 8:49pm

Bump!

Broadway Joe
#23Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/6/10 at 9:35pm

Since it is the last week, I would get there around 6am.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#24Fences SRO lately?
Posted: 7/6/10 at 9:55pm

That would suck, the earliest bus gets me in at 6:30... Hopefully most will try for the night show.

Videos