News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theaterfan862

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
Member Name: theaterfan862
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public's THE VISITOR - Previews  Oct 20 2021, 04:53:42 PM

Wow this is turning into a hot mess! I have tickets for October 30th and hope they get it together by then, but I doubt it. 

What I find interesting is how before these issues arose I failed to see them. I guess since these stories are so prevalent I have gotten used to the way things are. I must say I am a bit disappointed in myself for accepting it for so long. The good thing is that now I can't unsee it. 

Flea Market  Sep 28 2021, 02:10:24 PM

soulmistin said: "theaterfan862 said: "It is very surprising that Wicked doesn't have a table this year! Their table is usually one of the top earners."

The list of tables here is actually incomplete, that list of tables was the one thatinitiallywas announced with more planned to come. I can almost guarantee Wicked will be there
"

Okay great! Hope they update the map soon so I can better plan. Can't believe its this Sunda

Karen Olivo not returning to MOULIN ROUGE!  Sep 28 2021, 01:42:09 PM

Exactly Sutton!

Her original statement for leaving was nonsensical and erratic! This is because it was not the real reason! She is very talented and there is no denying that, but she is certainly not suited for this industry then. No one ever said that a life in the theatre is a breeze, hence why not everyone is in it! There is nothing wrong with asking for more money and knowing your limits, but there is no need to crap all over the entire industry and moreso the people she claims to

CHICKEN & BISCUITS Previews  Sep 27 2021, 12:54:12 PM

It's nice to see such positive word of mouth! 

Flea Market  Sep 24 2021, 02:39:27 PM

It is very surprising that Wicked doesn't have a table this year! Their table is usually one of the top earners. 

CHICKEN & BISCUITS Previews  Sep 24 2021, 02:19:06 PM

I am curious about this show. The cast looks great, but the premise seems a bit uninspired. A funeral is such an overused setting and plot device! On the fence about seeing this since now I can't see as many shows as I used to. I wish the show success nonetheless! For those that see it please share your reviews, I am interested in them. 

Waitress Casting  Sep 24 2021, 02:07:17 PM

I surely didn't expect for Waitress to come back and get another chance to see Sara in the role and now I have a chance to see it with the wonderful Jennifer Nettles!! Take my money indeed!! This is truly exciting! 

Ferryman Rush  Nov 9 2018, 06:03:19 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but has standing room been offered if sold out? If so how is the sight line for standing room? Many thanks!

American Son Rush  Nov 9 2018, 05:59:43 PM

I second that bump! 

Great Comet Rush  Aug 17 2017, 03:34:47 PM

Okay great! Thanks for Your help Chucky and Yero!

Great Comet Rush  Aug 17 2017, 01:58:20 PM

I just need two tickets for the evening show. I can get there as early as I need to, but I'm worried that with the closing notice and the lack of available tickets for sale on Ticketmaster I wont be able to see the show again. Just wondering if people have had luck getting tickets.

Great Comet Rush  Aug 17 2017, 01:16:35 PM

Did anyone rush yesterday or today? Any success? I'm hoping to rush on Saturday any info would be helpful! Thanks!

1969 Tony Award for Score???  Jul 18 2017, 11:45:08 AM

I agree Gypsy. I really like all the scores, but Hair is my favorite. The awards should be separate. I also think there should be a different for the writing of a play as opposed to all lumped in with Best play.

1969 Tony Award for Score???  Jul 17 2017, 03:25:41 PM

I just did a bit more research and it seems that there were no awards for Best Book given from 1966-70. I'm guessing during that time period the book category was removed because there is no award for the "book" of a play so it was combined. And in 1969 and 1970 that mentality might have been the same regarding the score. Just odd all around.

1969 Tony Award for Score???  Jul 17 2017, 03:09:41 PM

Is that something new that they were trying that year? Just seems odd because the other categories had nominees.

1969 Tony Award for Score???  Jul 17 2017, 03:03:58 PM

My husband and I recently were discussing who won the Tony Award for best score Hair or 1776, but to our surprise we found out that neither of them won. Actually there were no nominees that year or the next year for that matter! The new shows nominated for best musical in '69 were "1776", "Hair", "Promises, Promises", and Zorba! All great show with wonderful scores! Does anyone know what happened that year??

Dolan Twins Concert  Jun 7 2016, 12:16:44 PM

I know that this is not Broadway related, but I have four tickets to youtube sensation Dolan Twins at the Paramount in Huntington, NY on Sunday June 12th at 8pm. I know that it is the day of the TONY Awards lol. If anyone is interested make me an offer and send me a private message. Thanks!

ECLIPSED rush availability~recently ?  Mar 10 2016, 02:12:57 PM

Bump! Planning on rushing this weekend. Has anyone rushed this show lately?

A Delicate Balance previews begin tonight  Jan 9 2015, 12:01:37 PM
Thanks for the update dtzumbrunnen. Has anyone else seen the show lately? I am on the fence wether to see the show or not. I love Albee, but haven't heard much buzz over this production.
John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!  Nov 20 2014, 01:28:34 PM
I just creamed my pants! Fantastic news!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You