Flea Market

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#1Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:24pm

This is my first year actually being able to attend the flea, does anyone know what time I should arrive if I plan to get some of the rarer props/a better spot in line? I'm sure it's a bit different with COVID but I'd still like to prepare myself. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:27pm

A better spot in what line?

bway0
#3Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:36pm

I know I say this all the time but my trips to NYC are all dependent on when the train wants to work and cooperate. That said, the last two Broadway Fleas I went to my train got in around 11/11:30. It was packed and a ton of people. Idk if that’s how it will be this year but be prepared just in case. In terms of what was left, I met my friend at the Hadestown table and the good prop items were gone by the time I got there. Just signed Worker boots left. That was pretty much it. Hadestown was the popular show that year so that’s probably why everything flew off the table. But other tables were still filled with prop items.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#4Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:37pm

Jordan Catalano said: "A better spot in what line?"

Any of the table sales

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#5Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:37pm

bway0 said: "I know I say this all the time but my trips to NYC are all dependent on when the train wants to work and cooperate. That said, the last two Broadway Fleas I went to my train got in around 11/11:30. It was packed and a ton of people. Idk if that’s how it will be this year but be prepared just in case. In terms of what was left, I met my friend at the Hadestown table and the good prop items were gone by the time I got there. Just signed Worker boots left. That was pretty much it. Hadestown was the popular show that year so that’s probably why everything flew off the table. But other tables were still filled with prop items."

Oof okay, looks like I'll be going at 7 am then.

bway0
#6Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:40pm

soulmistin said: "bway0 said: "I know I say this all the time but my trips to NYC are all dependent on when the train wants to work and cooperate. That said, the last two Broadway Fleas I went to my train got in around 11/11:30. It was packed and a ton of people. Idk if that’s how it will be this year but be prepared just in case. In terms of what was left, I met my friend at the Hadestown table and the good prop items were gone by the time I got there. Just signed Worker boots left. That was pretty much it. Hadestown was the popular show that year so that’s probably why everything flew off the table. But other tables were still filled with prop items."

Oof okay, looks like I'll be going at 7 am then.
"

If there is an item you want, get there early. My friend got there before flea started and she said that people were already lined up at the Hadestown table and started selling early. 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#7Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 3:44pm

I've actually been trying to grab something for Hadestown for a couple of years, so I may just do that. Do you know what time it usually starts?

Alexander Lamar
#8Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 5:23pm

What are some of the props that are generally available from Hadestown?

Also, are we thinking that pickings will generally be slim since shows have only been open a couple weeks?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 5:34pm

They just put out the map of the streets. Looks like they’re only doing one side of the street on those two blocks. When they did that before it was because they couldn’t block traffic so congestion at the tables was INSANE. I can’t believe (at least from the map) it looks like they’re doing that again right now, making everyone squeeze in tighter.

Map

Alexander Lamar
#10Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 5:38pm

Thanks for that Jordan. 

So there are show tables from:

1. Hadestown
  2. Freestyle Love Supreme
  3. American Utopia
  4. Beetlejuice
  5. The Lion King
  6. Aladdin

Does Michael Crawford's fan club always have a table?

bway0
#11Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 6:20pm

soulmistin said: "I've actually been trying to grab something for Hadestown for a couple of years, so I may just do that. Do you know what time it usually starts?"

I’m sorry but I’m not sure! I would guess the website or socials would have some indication of when the flea officially opens 

bway0
#12Flea Market

Double post- sorry!

Updated On: 9/22/21 at 06:20 PM

bway0
#13Flea Market

Accidental 3rd post- sorry!

Updated On: 9/22/21 at 06:20 PM

northlandfan
#14Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 7:15pm

So sorry I’m not going to be able to attend this year as I was able to find such great items since attending from 2016 to 2019.Had a lot of luck having arrived early picking up great items from the Moulin Rouge table and some rare Hadestown opening night coins but, unfortunately,  by the time I got to the Hadestown table items such as the opening night train whistle and autographed feathers and vials of blood were already gone. Other items I bought were the Hamilton opening night shot glass and autographed lyric sheet by Anais Mitchell for Hadestown. Looks great framed in my office! This year I’m interested in Come from away, Hadestown ,Beetlejuice, Springsteen on Broadway and Jagged Little pill items (mainly opening night gifts or Tony voter packages). If any of you are going, I would love to know what items are there and I would be super interested in buying or trading some of my doubles that I have collected over the past years!
Please let me know if interested so we can call or text on that day!
From one collector to another!

Updated On: 9/22/21 at 07:15 PM

VintageSnarker
#15Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 7:30pm

Alexander Lamar said: "What are some of the props that are generally available from Hadestown?

Also, are we thinking that pickings will generally be slim since shows have only been open a couple weeks?
"

Which booth seems most likely to have closed show merch? My guess is the ones around the Golden but I can never remember those general booths. Thinking about this is giving me anxiety but I'm curious to hear reports from anyone who does go.

I don't think how long the shows have been back will matter as they have probably arranged for signed Playbills, etc. and not scrounged for leftover items. 

bway0
#16Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 8:01pm

I would be interested to see if Hadestown has both the old signed playbills and new signed playbills up for sale.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#17Flea Market
Posted: 9/22/21 at 9:51pm

Alexander Lamar said: "Thanks for that Jordan.

So there are show tables from:

1. Hadestown
  2. Freestyle Love Supreme
  3. American Utopia
  4. Beetlejuice
  5. The Lion King
  6. Aladdin

Does Michael Crawford's fan club always have a table?"

Yes, they usually are connected with the Phantom table, if I'm remembering correctly. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Alexander Lamar
#18Flea Market
Posted: 9/23/21 at 1:51pm

In lieu of the autograph/photo booth BCEFA is using an app called Looped for virtual, private meet and greets (60 seconds each).

https://tickets.broadwaycares.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ticket.start&eventID=678

Updated On: 9/23/21 at 01:51 PM

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#19Flea Market
Posted: 9/24/21 at 2:39pm

It is very surprising that Wicked doesn't have a table this year! Their table is usually one of the top earners. 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#20Flea Market
Posted: 9/24/21 at 2:41pm

theaterfan862 said: "It is very surprising that Wicked doesn't have a table this year! Their table is usually one of the top earners."

The list of tables here is actually incomplete, that list of tables was the one that initially was announced with more planned to come. I can almost guarantee Wicked will be there 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#21Flea Market
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:34pm

Alexander Lamar said: "In lieu of the autograph/photo booth BCEFA is using an app called Looped for virtual, private meet and greets (60 seconds each).

https://tickets.broadwaycares.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=ticket.start&eventID=678
"

Given it's remote via app, which is smart for an event like this where distancing is already going to be difficult, I'm kind of surprised they found so few volunteers for it (unless some are already sold out?).

BwayLady999
#22Flea Market
Posted: 9/28/21 at 8:03am

Jordan Catalano said: "They just put out the map of the streets. Looks like they’re only doing one side of the street on those two blocks. When they did that before it was because they couldn’t block traffic so congestion at the tables was INSANE. I can’t believe (at least from the map) it looks like they’re doing that again right now, making everyone squeeze in tighter.

Map
"

But it isn’t like Broadway Cares can just tell the city to fully close streets. They can ask & apply for the permits, but the city decides what they get permission to do.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#23Flea Market
Posted: 9/28/21 at 10:00am

Interesting to see they are doing the live auction in Times Sq (pedestrian plaza between 45/46 streets)

Before pandemic they normally had the live auction in Shubert alley

BoringBoredBoard40
#24Flea Market
Posted: 9/28/21 at 11:39am

wonder if the lack of in-person autograph/photo booth will reduce the amount of people attending somewhat....

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#25Flea Market
Posted: 9/28/21 at 2:10pm

soulmistin said: "theaterfan862 said: "It is very surprising that Wicked doesn't have a table this year! Their table is usually one of the top earners."

The list of tables here is actually incomplete, that list of tables was the one thatinitiallywas announced with more planned to come. I can almost guarantee Wicked will be there
"

Okay great! Hope they update the map soon so I can better plan. Can't believe its this Sunday already!

Videos