American Son Rush

mjgood4
#1American Son Rush
Posted: 10/7/18 at 12:22pm

Arrived at the Rush a little late yesterday 10/6 for the first preview (11am). Was told nothing left for Rush, but it was not sold out so check back after 3pm to see if they had any more. Ran there after a 2pm show and was told there’s were two tickets available, $40. Side orchestra, row F seats 14-16. Missed absolutely no action, very far side but a wonderful view of facial expressions. No student ID was required for the tickets.

kmissa
#2American Son Rush
Posted: 10/7/18 at 4:11pm

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#3American Son Rush
Posted: 10/8/18 at 5:20pm

So, they are in fact offering rush?

mk321
#4American Son Rush
Posted: 10/8/18 at 5:23pm

"So, they are in fact offering rush?"

Yes, I stopped by yesterday and asked. $40 a ticket. 

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#5American Son Rush
Posted: 10/8/18 at 5:26pm

mk321 said: ""So, they are in fact offering rush?"

Yes, I stopped by yesterday and asked. $40 a ticket.
"

Fantastic. Thanks for the info!

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#6American Son Rush
Posted: 10/10/18 at 12:53pm

Arrived to rush around 9am today and was 5th in line.  By 10am there were about 16 people.  I got 2 tickets in Row D of the Mezz.  2 seats of center aisle.  

Addipia94 Profile Photo
Addipia94
#7American Son Rush
Posted: 10/13/18 at 11:04pm

Rushed this morning, got there at 8:00 am and was 6 in line. By 9:00 am there was 10 people in line and when the box office opened there was close to 15-20 people. It was way milder than I though given the talent in this show, but perhaps it's because it's a play and I tend to feel plays draw smaller rush crowds. Just my view. Anyway, ended up getting tickets for evening and they were Orch, stage left, row A. The seats, even on the side were wonderful and we didn't miss anything! Definitely worth the $40. I missed out on the student rush price which is $35, nbd but good to know for future if I return after it officially opens.

Truly great show, but this is not the place for a review.

Beware: box office staff was rude. I simply asked, as I do at most box offices for rush, what the availability was. I know a lot of shows will have various areas designated for rush (i.e. Carousel was side mezz and boxes with occasional orch, and Pretty Woman is first row orch). The lady says "You get what you get." I didn't raise my voice or make demands, just inquired, so was taken a back. So, just a heads up for the question askers :P

Fiyero13
#8American Son Rush
Posted: 10/20/18 at 9:05pm

any recent updates?

VanillaIceCream2
#9American Son Rush
Posted: 10/21/18 at 2:47pm

I went to the box office at about 5:30pm on Friday and got a rush seat in the front row, all the way house left, full view. It was a great seat - I think I got lucky because I only needed one ticket.

btales
#10American Son Rush
Posted: 10/21/18 at 7:17pm

My two seats were the first row center. Got there 5 min before box office opened at noon.

rosemonday
#11American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 12:09pm

Bumping with an update: I arrived at the box office a little after 11am today and got one rush ticket in the side orchestra for tonight's show. It's all the way to the side but the attendant said it was full view. Looking forward to it!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#12American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 1:04pm

Further update: I got a rush ticket for tonight at 12:15 this afternoon. Row B in the orchestra a couple of seats in from the aisle.

Golenboybway
#13American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 4:52pm

I went today a little after 2 pm and got 2 tickets Row B side orch! While i am excited i do have to add the the box office are some of the rudest I’ve dealt with. This has been the case with every show that has been here. I went over to To Kill A Mockingbird after to look at dates and it was a complete change in how nice they were!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#14American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 5:58pm

Golenboybway said: "I went today a little after 2 pm and got 2 tickets Row B side orch! While i am excited i do have to add the the box office are some of the rudest I’ve dealt with. This has been the case with every show that has been here. I went over to To Kill A Mockingbird after to look at dates and it was a complete change in how nice they were!"

Agreed with this. The man who waited on me was downright nasty, to be honest.

rosemonday
#15American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 6:05pm

n2nbaby said: "Golenboybway said: "I went today a little after 2 pm and got 2 tickets Row B side orch! While i am excited i do have to add the the box office are some of the rudest I’ve dealt with. This has been the case with every show that has been here. I went over to To Kill A Mockingbird after to look at dates and it was a complete change in how nice they were!"

Agreed with this. The man who waited on me was downright nasty, to be honest.
"

He was very rude to me too! I tried to “kill him with kindness” but he wasn’t having it. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#16American Son Rush
Posted: 10/24/18 at 6:13pm

I think he is just snoody about rush tickets for some reason. I’ve dealt with him before and have never had a pleasant experience with him.

That being said, the much older woman ahead of me, who bought full price tickets and was picking them up, was very sweet to her and even upgraded her seats from row M to row B. So I’m not completely sure what his issue is.

stephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
#17American Son Rush
Posted: 10/27/18 at 9:06am

I plan on rushing this weekend so I'm bumping for any recent updates

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#18American Son Rush
Posted: 10/27/18 at 10:15am

More recent than three days ago? ??

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#19American Son Rush
Posted: 10/27/18 at 4:58pm

n2nbaby said: "More recent than three days ago? ??"

I just grabbed a rush ticket for tonight (10/27). Went to the BO at 4:30p! And I’m smack dab front row center AA107 :) $40 regular rush. 

reyannalisa
#20American Son Rush
Posted: 11/2/18 at 7:50pm

Rushed today (Friday 11/2). Got to the box office at 2:55pm and got orch H10! 

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#21American Son Rush
Posted: 11/4/18 at 11:47pm

Do they only sell rush for sold out performances or can I go at 10am and do rush?

petewk87
#22American Son Rush
Posted: 11/8/18 at 3:43pm

How has rush been after opening? Thanks!

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#23American Son Rush
Posted: 11/9/18 at 5:59pm

I second that bump! 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#24American Son Rush
Posted: 11/9/18 at 7:03pm

I never had a problem with the box office at this theater. They have always been sweet as pie.

Talk about rude, head over to the Belasco Theater, or the Longacre Theatre

Updated On: 11/9/18 at 07:03 PM

lostphantom
#25American Son Rush
Posted: 11/10/18 at 12:00am

My friend was able to pick up 2 rush tickets at 6:00pm for tonight’s show (Friday). The seats were in mezz row E to the side, full view!