News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LondonNow

Member Name: LondonNow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Black Actresses who could play Mama Rose?
 Mar 11 2011, 02:48:11 PM
Exactly, thank you. Jewish is not a race. There are Jewish people of all races, colors, from all corners of the world, some via conversion or adoption, many not. I think that fact often gets lost because in the US, in general, the Ashkenazi Jewish (Jews who came from Eastern/Central Europe/Russia) population and culture is more predominant/visible than Sephardic or other Jewish communities in/from around the world.
As for the original question of this thread, I like the idea, posted by

The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread
 Jan 12 2011, 12:32:47 AM
Courtney is extremely funny and was always so gracious at the stage door. As I posted recently on the Heights' Forum site, I'm not sure when Courtney started delivering that "dysfunction" line that way. She didn't the times I saw the show over the summer (I think I first noticed it when I saw the show at the end of November), but I would love to have seen Andrea's face the first time she tried it. During the New Year's show, her delivery of that line (and the way she reacted to Andrea's reacti
Which January 2011 closing are you attending?
 Jan 5 2011, 11:47:53 AM
In the Heights and Next to Normal. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. I'm thrilled that I can be there, but I'm going to miss both shows tremendously.
kennedy center, dc - help and advice please
 Dec 27 2010, 01:49:41 PM
If you walk relatively quickly, it's a 10 minute or so walk between the Kennedy Center and Foggy Bottom metro. The free shuttles run frequently. Even after a performance, I've never had to wait long to get a shuttle back.
I always take Amtrak between DC and NYC, so I can't speak to the various bus options. But once you're in DC, there's no need to take a cab. The metro is fine.

Which show are you saddest to see go?
 Dec 7 2010, 12:25:14 PM
Personally, I'm most sad to see In the Heights go. I'm also sad about Next to Normal, but the tour is still to come to my city, so the show isn't completely gone for me when the Broadway production closes. Both had great runs, I do realize that, but both shows mean a tremendous amount to me. In a more general sense, I'm saddest about the Scottsboro Boys. It was an incredible piece of theatre, and I wish many more had seen it/would have the opportunity to see it.
Tyne Daly will bring MASTER CLASS to Broadway
 Dec 3 2010, 04:18:51 PM
I saw Tyne Daly in this production last spring. I was very impressed by her performance. I haven't seen any other productions of Master Class to compare it to, but my family and I really enjoyed it at the Kennedy Center.
Some thoughts on IN THE HEIGHTS
 Sep 13 2010, 05:30:25 PM
For what it's worth, Heights always has a full, Playbill-sized insert with the full cast for that particular performance. I've never seen the small slip inserts there, and I've been many, many a time.
I was at the show last Monday night. Since I didn't go to see Jordin, I wasn't disappointed that she was out. In fact, I was very happy to get to see Courtney go on as Nina, and she did a wonderful job. She's a fantastic Vanessa too- caught her in that role back in July. Marcy though was h

Signature's Chess
 Aug 23 2010, 09:11:08 PM
I saw Chess on Sunday with a rush ticket. Rush tickets are $30. If any are available, Signature sells them starting an hour before the performance. Basically, it's whatever seats are left at that point. I ended up about 3 rows from the top, on the right aisle. It's a small theatre, so there really aren't any bad seats IMO. There were a few emtpy seats that I could see.
I really enjoyed the show, even though it was so different from the RAH version, which had been the only version I'd s

Aug 19 2010, 02:15:54 PM
Yes, Andrea is coming back in September. I think Sep 2nd or 3rd is what I read. At the stage door, she said in about 3 weeks, so that kind of lines up. I also noticed her acting as Janet's "official" stage door photographer (/videographer?), but I missed the cell phone thing during blackout. She and Janet left the stage door scene hand in hand and got into a taxi. I assume there was a cast party afterwards. Bianca is fantastic as Daniela, but I kind of wish Andrea could have come back to t
 Aug 19 2010, 02:15:51 AM
I'm not Anakela, obviously, but I was at Janet and Corbin's last show last night (as well as Chris' Sunday night).
They both got entrance applause and much cheering/extra applause throughout. There were no speeches at the end, but they got extra bows, and then the band switched up the music to Conga (Miami Sound Machine), and Janet and Corbin did this great dance together. I don't know to what extent it was planned or improved. And then they danced off the stage.
It was like an ITH al

Final performances in N2N by Alice, Brian, and Jenn...anyone else going?
 Jun 17 2010, 05:18:48 PM
Presumably a lot of others will be going. I will be one of them. It'll be my first and last chance to see it with Brian D'Arcy James. I saw N2N again last April, but Alice was out that night (which surprised me, as it was a Saturday night). I figured she probably would be in for her last show, and I wanted to see her one more time.
In the Heights
 Jun 13 2010, 11:41:52 PM
I was at Heights on Friday night, Andrea's last show till mid August. She was fabulous, but when is she not? She rocks. Completely. I am curious how Bianca will be in the role.
Getting to Signature in VA Via NYC
 May 17 2010, 01:58:35 PM
I live in Pentagon City, and cab fare to Signature usually costs me about $10-$12. More often now I take a bus from the Pentagon metro stop. You can get to Pentagon/Pentagon City metro stops via the blue line from Metro Center or the yellow line from Gallery Place-Chinatown. The yellow line is usually quicker (fewer stops).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You