News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Magnolia

Magnolia Profile Photo
Member Name: Magnolia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Driving Miss Daisy Rush!
 Oct 17 2010, 11:06:52 AM
tking001,
Yes, the ticket was $47.50 and no, it's not cash only , I was allowed to pay with a credit card yesterday.

I thought $47.50 was pricey too but I think one of the reasons for that may be that this show is only open for 16 weeks.

Behind the Emerald Curtain
 Aug 11 2010, 05:30:49 PM
I went to the Emerald Curtain tour last September. I enjoyed it!! The day starts off: where they have you go to the Wicked museum - which is full of costumes and props. Then after that 2 hosts( on that day our hosts were ensemble members from the show) they gave us a quick overview of building a show from scratch and then putting it on broadway. They discuss costuming , lighting, producing , etc. Then after that we saw a quick video. The day was over and the hosts stayed around for pictures, au
Getting Backstage?
 Aug 3 2010, 02:59:01 PM
I recently got to go backstage at my favorite show Memphis -- I have to say it was a phenomenal experience - something I hope I never forget for the rest of my life!

I got to go backstage because I have a friend who stars in the show that invited me backstage!

So yes, it really is all about connections !

A suggestion : I don't know if it will work, maybe you want to contact the stage manager at the show - you want to go backstage for- and ask them if as a special court

Lend Me a Tenor Rush?
 Aug 2 2010, 08:43:00 PM
Has anyone here ever done rush for Lend Me a Tenor? I know Lend Me a Tenor has a General Rush. Does anyone know if there is normally a line for tickets? If so, what time is best to get to the box office? Also seating, how is the seating for Lend Me a Tenor Rush tickets? Is it rear mezz/balcony/ box etc or does it vary? Thanks!
Is Chad Kimball ever in MEMPHIS?
 Jul 31 2010, 04:06:04 PM
I agree with everything Wayman Wong said. The role of Huey is extremely demanded- Chad is rarely off stage. There are times where he is literally drenched in sweat . If anyone thinks they can do any better, go ahead- we'll watch and judge !

BTW if you read this article Chad did shortly before Tonys it states Chad only does six shows a week so that must be in his contract

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=386330

Fences SRO lately?
 Jun 12 2010, 04:49:09 PM
Hi, I did SRO for Fences on Friday June 4, I got there an 8:30 am and there was only 3 people waiting on line. I asked them 'how long had they been waiting for?' and they said they got there about 10 minutes before I did.
Jennifer Damiano Stage Door
 May 22 2010, 02:52:43 PM
Most actors are appreciative that they have fans. No one ever said it's required to do stage doors- so come on give me a small break. Alright? I went to see Kelsey Grammer in La Cage it was cold and raining that night the line was starting to go down the block but he still was friendly gave autographs and photos for everyone.
 May 22 2010, 02:38:07 PM
I NEVER said the actors are required to stage doors however; it's nice if they do.
Tony Award Parties
 May 22 2010, 02:35:52 PM
Oh no! Boo hoo ....... Whatever
 May 22 2010, 02:22:51 PM
Lj889, I think stage dooring is important because theatre goers pay alot to see these shows ( usually not me because I get student discounts). However, the least the actors can do is show a little gratitude: sign some autographs and take some photos. After all if people don't come to see the show, then there is no show, and you as an actor have no job. Also everytime I've been to the Next to Normal show ( on weeknights) the stage door the crowd was almost empty I usually feel bad.
Which will close first? Addams Family or American Idiot?
 May 22 2010, 02:13:54 PM
In my opinion, American Idiot will close first. Although I've heard The Addams family isn't great, I guess it attracts tourist. Whereas I don't think American Idiot appeals to everyone.
 May 22 2010, 02:08:02 PM
On a side note: I went to see the show back in April for my birthday, Jennifer's understudy Megan Fahy was there she IS such a sweetheart!!!!
Tony Award Parties
 May 21 2010, 07:37:57 PM
Does anyone know of any Tony Award parties ( for fans) other than the one Broadway Space is hosting?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You