News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tomatlcm

Member Name: tomatlcm
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WTF???? Olivier Award Winner Leanne Jones does not turn chairs in 'The Voice
 Feb 2 2014, 10:00:17 AM
I've met Leanne before and she's a bloody great performer but this was not her finest performance. Both myself and the person I was watching it felt like she was trying far too hard with it and that it was probably the wrong song choice.
I'm only familiar with the voice UK but do theatre performers appear on the US version of the show? Have any been successful?

I Can't Sing
 Jan 24 2014, 03:58:39 PM
Personally I'm reserving judgement. It could go either way. Though I fail to see how "fabulous" resembled Sister Acts "fabulous baby" in any way...
Hunter Foster Joins Bridges of Maddison County!!!
 Dec 5 2013, 05:06:35 AM
Sutton Ross, say what you will about Jordan but the fact remains. His posts are a great deal more insightful and interesting to read then anything you have ever contributed on here...
Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
 Jul 15 2013, 11:46:24 AM
I know your only showing us what they posted bwayto but I'm not sure reposting stuff by the Westboro Baptist Church is the best idea. They are awful people who make inflammatory comments to provoke a response from the public. Reposting there stuff is giving them the attention they cry out for.

Dream Cast: Friends the Musical
 Jul 10 2013, 02:22:28 PM
Patti Lupone as Joey!!
 Jul 8 2013, 08:53:08 PM
I have an awful feeling that broadway guys suessical revival will turn out to be no more than two kidnapped clowns locked in a cellar while bein forced to perform "oh the thinks you can think" day in, day out...
 Jul 8 2013, 08:27:43 PM
Will it be set in a circus?
Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
 Jun 20 2013, 08:23:36 PM
The video said that the guy just got randomly pulled up on stage! Imagine if you were in that crowd and got picked to sing with someone that legendary!!! I don't know how he managed to form words let alone sing a song.
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Jun 14 2013, 08:49:56 PM
I think that Katharine Mcphee was great in Smash. I seriously loved her performance and I really routed for the character and I found her take on Marylin more interesting then Hilty's impression. Mcphee's version of don't forget me gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I understand some of the Karen Cartright hate as a character but Mcphee was great in Smash.
Is it too early to post about romantic songs/shows for Valentine's Day???
 Feb 11 2013, 04:23:27 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but "They were you" from The Fantasticks is beautiful. I also love "Unworthy of your love" from Assassins.
Erin Quill Bizarrely Obsessed With
 Feb 1 2013, 10:36:09 PM
"The British subjugated and were (and incidentally still ARE) horribly racist to their "owned" peoples of India."
As a British citizen I found this comment most disturbing. First of all I would like to know exactly who we own in India, but after that I would also like you to know that whatever England may do it does by no account mean that it's populace condones slavery or "ownership" of any peoples. I hope you can deliver cold hard facts before you deliver such a black and white statement.

Love Never Dies Broadway bound still?
 Dec 10 2012, 04:32:04 AM
double post

Love Never Dies Broadway bound still?
 Dec 10 2012, 04:31:55 AM
The main problem is that when the show first opened in London it was absolutely shocking! If you listen to the concept recording you get an idea of just how dire the situation was, then they closed the show for a while and fixed it but by then it was way to late. If they'd just been patient and done more workshops they wouldn't of had half as many problems but now it's unlikely it's ever going to play New York. I hear there is a tour scheduled in England next year though.
Musicals Fully/Partly Set In New York?
 Dec 7 2012, 08:32:32 PM
Applause
Title of show
70 girls 70
the addams family musical
Guys and dolls
How to succeed in business
Love never dies
Mame- well at least some of it
promises promises- i think
west side story

and now i give up... there must be hundreds!

A Response to Certain Comments About the Singing in Evita
 Dec 7 2012, 08:07:29 PM
Ok I saw the show back in July when Ricky was on holiday and Christina was on. Yes she was good, but it felt like she was walking through the part rather than giving of the sparks of excitement that an actress playing Eva Peron should be doing and which like her voice or not Elena Roger does. I feel that to compare Patti and Christina, or even Elena or Christina is like comparing chalk and cheese- no two actresses will sing the role the same way there are too many variables. All 3 actresses do w
Your Favorite Amateur/Non-Broadway Composers??
 Aug 26 2012, 02:27:36 PM
I really love Ryan Scott Oliver and Lance Horne but my favourite non broadway songwriters are the british Cabaret troupe Fascinating Aida. Their music is a mix of hilarious comedy and serious songs and theyve been going some 28 years so have a serious back catelogue of work. They've been getting quite big on the internet in britain with there songs "cheap flights" and "dogging"
Heres one below

CHAPLIN Rush
 Aug 24 2012, 02:42:48 PM
it's the 15 front row seats $35, 2 per person and it's general rush. The eye lines pretty good, you miss a tiny bit of action in places because of the raised stage but you can't have everything. It's a very good deal if you ask me!!
CHAPLIN Rush
 Aug 24 2012, 01:02:11 PM
I rushed first preview getting there at 8am and there was one other person there, no one else arrived until 9.45 so unless theres been a dramtic change in the last day I'd say you don't need to be there till 9.30 at the latest though i'd reccomend 9.00 just to be safe.
Whaaat?
 Aug 22 2012, 11:22:41 AM
I was there last night and I absolutely loved it!!! I thought McClure was sensational and the whole evening was very enjoyable. I really loved the score paticularly heddas act two number which was very much needed because though the show is fantastic I agree that the score was forgettable at times. Another big money number would be a very wise move!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You