pixeltracker

Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#1Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/20/13 at 3:55pm

She performed with the current Magadi!! She did With One Look from Sunset!!

I hope Seth taped this one like he did last year. I NEED TO SEE or HEAR THIS!!
Twenty Years Later, Patti LuPone Performs Sunset Boulevard in London

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#2Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/20/13 at 4:03pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOD4VvvMCA

OMG OMG her doing Fantine's death. I'm getting the vapors!!

broadway guy
#2Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/20/13 at 4:52pm

Tears..of..joy.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#3Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/20/13 at 8:13pm

OMG!!! I'm dying to see this.

Can you imagine if she did a revival?!! I think she's more right for the part now than she was 20 years ago.

tomatlcm
#4Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/20/13 at 8:23pm

The video said that the guy just got randomly pulled up on stage! Imagine if you were in that crowd and got picked to sing with someone that legendary!!! I don't know how he managed to form words let alone sing a song.

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#5Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:41am

Patti Sang SUNSET BOULEVARD

This performance is actually amazing. So full of emotion and passion. Patti's son posted it to youtube.

Note: The video was made private, but the rumour mill says that after that last show, Sunday at 4:30 PM UK time - it will be made public again.

WATCH HERE Updated On: 6/21/13 at 02:41 AM

PlayItAgain
#6Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:46am

@tom hes a plant, seth talks about it on playbill.com this week.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#7Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 3:20am

I would say that the case all of the Patti haters put forth gets weaker and weaker as time goes on. She is a legend, a workhorse and above all a PRO.

This woman I love!!

ajh
#8Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 7:43am

Am going tomorrow night and am slightly kicking myself that I waited until the end of her week as I am sure this is something I could see again and again. When she did Matters Of The Heart at the Donmar I went 4 times. She is glorious.

jimmycurry01
#9Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:31pm

"I would say that the case all of the Patti haters put forth gets weaker and weaker as time goes on."

She is good, but her diction is not great, it never has been great, and never will be great. At least she acknowledges this.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#10Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:41pm

Her diction is fine. I think she almost over-pronunciates How do you like THEM apples?

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#11Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 3:25pm

In her memoir in the third (I think) chapter she talks about having diction problems in her Acting Company years. I think its become her signature - and I mean, we all know what she's saying!

algy Profile Photo
algy
#12Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 4:09pm

I'm going on Sunday afternoon - I'm so excited! (It's the high point of a weekend consisting of nothing else but nightshifts...)

The Scorpion
#13Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 5:50am

"I would say that the case all of the Patti haters put forth gets weaker and weaker as time goes on."

She is good, but her diction is not great, it never has been great, and never will be great. At least she acknowledges this.

I found her honesty last night on these subjects VERY endearing. She not only acknowledged her diction problems to the audience, but she also admitted she knew her cockney accent is atrocious.

Made me love her even more.

capnkidd
#14Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 10:07am

You can read even more about it from this link from yesterday's All That Chat. Other links and information on the New Orleans show earlier this year over there too. No Patti haters on that thread. One poster calls her "lovely and gracious".

Patti LuPone ATC thread Updated On: 6/23/13 at 10:07 AM

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#16Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:12pm

OMG OMG and here is an audio recording of her singing Rainbow High from tonight sounding basically no different than she did over thirty years ago!!

http://itsdlevy.tumblr.com/post/53415220585/wellhelloadam-rainbow-high-patti-lupone

Absolutely thrilling.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#17Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:24pm

I went to this afternoon's show (which nearly overran into the time allocated for tonight) and it was utterly fabulous.

Set list was:

Everything's coming up roses
Nothin' up from the RObber Bridgegroom
Being Alive
I cain't say no (!) (extract) - Oklahoma!
I dreamed a dream
Anything goes
My Way
Rainbow High (or Evita at anyrate)
As Long As He Needs me
Encore:
The start of Evita with the Magaldi
Buenos Aires
Second Encore:
With one look.

I've never seen Patti Live before and it was just glorious

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#18Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:30pm

That is some set list.

We all owe a great debt to Seth for inspiring her to sing some of those songs again. I know her natural proclivity is to move on and not dwell in the past, so it is a rare treat.

I hope they tour further with this show!!

algy Profile Photo
algy
#19Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:32pm

I nearly cried when they did Anything goes - I've watched the video of her on the Tony's more times than I like to admit - and had steeled myself for it not being amongst the set as she hadn't done it in the previous shows - and then she dropped it in for the first time this afternoon - "it is the 2nd to last show" she said - and then had Seth help her with the lyrics - she stopped a couple of times during it because she didn't hear what he said, but it was *stunning*

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#20Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:40pm

Let me tell you something about Anything Goes:

I got tickets to see it in 1988. I was 18 years old, and I bought a ticket for my straight college roommate who I had a terrible crush on.

I knew NOTHING about Patti LuPone going in. I will never ever forget the end of the first act when she sang Anything Goes. It was absolutely thrilling. My heart was racing. Who was this force of NATURE up on that stage? She belted out the last "Anything Gooooooooooooes!" WAY above the chorus. I was stunned.

That night me and my college roommate stayed in a room at the Hotel Dorset. I didn't get to have sex with him, but that night I had my first gay experience, which was my instant Diva-love for Patti LuPone.

Thank God I saw her. I believe she left the show just a couple of weeks after that!!

algy Profile Photo
algy
#21Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:44pm

She was talking about playing card games backstage during the dance breaks after an interviewer pointed out that she'd been choreographed out of her own dance breaks...

broadway guy
#22Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 6:44pm

Omg She still sounds like the recording!

dreamerjj Profile Photo
dreamerjj
#23Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 7:58pm

She was amazing! Exactly the same sound as 20 years ago. As she said, she has steel vocal chords! Hahaha

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#24Patti and Seth: Sounds absolutely magical!
Posted: 6/23/13 at 7:59pm

But who has footage of Gavin Creel singing Valjean?! https://twitter.com/JaredGertner/status/348949405333864449

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt