News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anne5122

Anne5122 Profile Photo
Member Name: Anne5122
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Passion DVD
 Aug 2 2005, 04:00:53 PM
I have the Passion DVD and I thought it was great. But I have to disagree about Jere Shea. I didn't think he was all that great and yes, the scene where he finally kisses Fosca, was very jerky. I quickly fast forward through that just because it's so awkward to watch. If they had Michael Ball, I would watch the DVD more often =)
re: There was SO much wrong with the Tony's last night, it's hard to keep i
 Jun 6 2005, 12:41:33 PM
I love Aretha, but I thought the pairing up with Hugh Jackman was horrible. He could have sang it by himself or she could go by herself and either of those performances would have been fine. But Jackman was rushing her through the lyrics and you can't rush Aretha or try to guide her in where she should sing next. I like Aretha and I love soul and she did a pretty decent version of the Sondheim song in the late 90s. But the Jackman pairing was awful.
re: APPELGATE LIPSINC?
 Jun 6 2005, 11:28:15 AM
She was horrible, off key, off beat, just off. How the heck did she get nominated?????
re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
 Mar 8 2005, 01:37:55 PM
I like Toy Story 2 and Lion King 1 1/2, I never thought it was going to be as funny as it was. But in general, I hate Disney sequels. I was beyond angry with Little Mermaid 2 and then I saw their sequel line up. Awful, awful, awful with even awful songs. Originality is slowly dying in Mousedom. What gets me mad though is that they market these god-awful flicks for kids and then make parents like me suffer because the kids want it because it's the characters they recognize. I'd pick Spongeb
re: Audra McDonald Lands TV Pilot
 Mar 8 2005, 01:26:41 PM
Woo hoo! Go Audra! This will be worth watching TV again!

re: Least favorite Broadway show?
 Feb 25 2005, 04:20:39 PM
I'm probably the only who feels this way, but I don't like Company or Follies. I've tried, but I just can't. Love Sondheim's other work, especially Assassins and Passion, the other 2, I don't like them.
re: Meeting Broadway Stars
 Feb 25 2005, 04:08:44 PM
Mia, I almost fell out on the floor =) She has presence but she's so nice. I was a fan before, now I'm a lifelong fan.

But I met an actor who wasn't necessarily on Broadway, he was doing the tour of TMM playing Jimmy's role, Bryan McElroy. I saw the tour on my birthday and saw in the playbill that he had a website. So I emailed him and told him that I thought he did a great job and I enjoyed his performance. We emailed back and forth and I asked him if he was available for coffe

re: Meeting Broadway Stars
 Feb 25 2005, 02:10:30 PM
I met Audra McDonald on Mother's Day 2000 in DC. She did a concert at George Washington University and some of her family members were in the audience. After the concert they closed the auditorium so she could spend time with her family, but I really wanted to meet her. At the same time I was nervous because I've never met anyone of her caliber. But one of the ushers I knew and she allowed me to go in. When I walked up to her, she was so nice and sweet (and tall!). We had a nice cute conve
re: Dreamgirls recordings
 Feb 23 2005, 09:05:16 AM
Concert!!! 4 reasons: Audra, Norm, Darius and Lilias.
re: Singers that make you say; WTF?
 Feb 23 2005, 09:03:14 AM
Mandy Patinkin. I can't stand him and I've really tried. His voice is too high and unnatural. Like a middle aged choir boy in denial
re: Fav Alan Menkin Show?
 Jan 5 2005, 11:50:33 AM
Beauty and the Beast is my ultimate fav. I got into Broadway/theater stuff because of his music, so I owe him a lot and I'm a big fan.

Animated wise, Pocahontas and Hunchback was overlooked and wasn't given the attention it deserved. It's pretty powerful stuff for an animated kids movie.

re: Musicals that DONT...
 Jan 5 2005, 11:36:01 AM
Marie Christine
re: What's in YOUR player?
 Jan 5 2005, 11:05:43 AM
Thoroughly Modern Millie (it's so upbeat and I've been in a crappy mood lately, so it helps lift it momentarily)
Martina McBride
Anita Baker
Caroline, or Change

on my computer at work - country

re: Top 3 Essential Musical dvds
 Jan 3 2005, 11:56:57 AM
I forgot about the Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast...
re: Top 3 Essential Musical dvds
 Jan 3 2005, 11:17:36 AM
Into the Woods
West Side Story
Broadway: The American Musical

Though Singin' in the Rain is the best movie musical ever. Gene Kelly is it!

re: Henious Cast Recordings
 Dec 23 2004, 09:01:28 AM
The first one that popped into my mind was "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change." I couldn't stand it. Sounded bad, the actors sounded like nails on chalkboard to me.

I like Wicked, but the book, score, something needs to change. There are too many songs and some don't move the plot along or rehash the same thing. Like "Thank Goodness". It's at the beginning of Act 2 on the recording and when I first heard it, I had to grab my CD to make sure that it was a different song and not

Is it really the end of the Broadway Star?
 Dec 21 2004, 11:38:03 AM
An interesting article with an interesting point. Is he right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/19/theater/newsandfeatures/19ishe_isherwood_pc.html?pagewanted=1&th&oref=login

re: Eargasms
 Dec 17 2004, 11:53:48 AM
My last live eargasm was from the touring cast of TMM and the song "What Do I Need With Love" and "Gimme Gimme". WOW!

But your term eargasm is the best yet. I get those when I hear Audra or Brian Stokes Mitchell sing (The Impossible Dream, Oh...My...God, I actually screamed in the car, it was that good). Linda Eder (especially in concert), Lea Salonga, Idina, Heather Headley. Josh Groban. Norm Lewis.

re: Favorite Cy Coleman musicals
 Dec 15 2004, 10:28:41 AM
My favorite is Little Me. I thought the Faith Prince, Martin Short recording was hysterical.
re: Cast recordings for X-mas gifts?
 Dec 15 2004, 10:27:25 AM
When my little sister is with me (she's 10), she'll ask for certain shows (I corrupted her with Broadway since she was born). She likes
TMM
Wicked (she liked it so much I gave that to her for her birthday)
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown (she liked that one since I recorded the Tonys that year that Kristin won)
Ragtime (she saw it with me when she was 6)
Aida
Into the Woods (saw a local college production and she was hooked)
Seussical

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You