pixeltracker

Disney sequels, will they ever end?

Disney sequels, will they ever end?

rockfenris2005
#0Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 2:44am

And is it true, at one stage, there was going to be a Snow White 2? aaah

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

charliebrown975 Profile Photo
charliebrown975
#1re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 2:53am

they've just run out of ideas and tryin to make money anyway they can
i've heard a bambi 2 is also in the works

rockfenris2005
#2re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 3:20am

Yeah, the nice Broadway lady in the Hunchback thread told me. I can't believe that? How can you possibly continue Bambi? And I hope Snow White 2 never happens. It would be a travesty, any bet. I think, if they want to create sequels, they should do another Fantasia. How awesome is Fantasia? But, then again, it wasn't very profitable - and Disney seems to have become more of a market than arthouse these days. But maybe they will have their renaissance again? Who knows. And lets hope there is no sequel to Snow White. It would be so
terrible, OMG

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 3/7/05 at 03:20 AM

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#3re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 3:22am

They did do a sequel of Fantasia.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

rockfenris2005
#4re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 3:29am

Sorry, I should have made that more clear :)

I heard a rumour about Fantasia 2004 - I would much rather love to see that happen instead of the others. Fantasia CAN have more sequels, because it's a continually developing piece of art

Bwaybaby109
#5re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 8:47am

yeha Disney is running out of ideas these days. The only sequels that I was satisfied with are...
1. Rescuers Down Under
2. Lion King 1 1/2
3. Mulan 2
4. Aladdin and the King of Thieves
5. Lion king 2- that barely made it

Hunchback 2 made me so mad, I could have written a better story than that. The animation was horrible! And as for Cinderella 2...well I just can't bare to speak about it!

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

riv
#6re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 9:42am

Don't most of these sequels go direct to video and DVD? That shows they are just exploiting the various franchises.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#7re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 9:44am

Ulgh, and don't even get me started on Little Mermaid 2--so excited, and then terrible compared to my favorite movie.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

timote316
#8re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 12:15pm

The sad thing is these movies make lots of money for Disney. So, they'd be dumb to stop making them. I hate them, but whatever

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#9re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 12:23pm

Does anyone know what the next Disney full-length animated feature is going to be? And when is it coming out?

Bwaybaby109
#10re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 12:29pm

There's Chicken Little and then there's Rapuzel with Kristen Chenoweth I think, check out www.disneydatabase.com it's a good website!

Sant
#11re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 1:15pm

Can FANTASIA 2000 really be considered a sequel? Well in a way it is, but Walt Disney himself considered the original FANTASIA "a work in progress", which could be kind of updated every now and then with new episodes. But this 'update' did not happen until 2000.

As for Disney's classics, I think they should leave them alone. Personally I don't want to hear what happens after "And they lived happily ever after" in, say, CINDERELLA. But that's just me.

Disney makes a lot of money with the sequels and I guess that's a big enough reason for them.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 2:45pm

Most of the sequels are created strictly for DVD and VHS release and targeted towards young children. As long as they sell well, they will continue to make them, but they were never meant to live up to the standards of the theatrical release of the originalss on which they are based. As an adult, I think they are very silly, but I'm sure most children in the 5-10 age range (like my friend's two little boys) adore them.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#13re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 3:15pm

They should release them all for cinema and then put em all on stage on Broadway to scare away the little children re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#14re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 5:22pm

I thought Lion King 1 1/2 was cute..especially Timon's/Nathan Lane's reference to the theatre district..

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#15re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 5:32pm

how quickly we forget geppetto...

#16re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 6:20pm

I loved Gepetto... The ABC Musicals rock! Annie and Cinderella were great... Are there any new ones coming out soon... I love those!

Therese
#17re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 7:52pm

Agreed that, as long as Disney is making money with kid-friendly direct-to-video sequels, they're going to keep doing them. My take is that the DTV sequels are just "Fanfic For Which Someone Got Paid." re: Disney sequels, will they ever end? I never let them interfere with the originals.

"In my own little corner..."

Bwaybaby109
#18re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 7:55pm

The only ABC tv movie I was totally not happy about was The Music Man. It did have some good moments but c'mon!!! Matthew Broderick was not convincing enough as the fast talking con man. I know he's no Robert Preston but I was unhappy with his performance in general, and I usually like his work.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#19re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 8:13pm

God I can't stand all the sequels they are making for the sake of money. (well except for maybe Toy Story 2...) I am a huge fan of the classic disney movies and now they are almost ruining them by brining out these stupid sequels that are a shame to the beauty of the originals.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

rockfenris2005
#20re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 9:01pm

Toy Story 2 and Rescuers Down Under are the best. They are better than the first stories. Aladdin and the King of Thieves remains the exception to the rule. One would judge it, at first glance, to be a terrible flop. But open wide, and OMG! It's this really intelligent and moving, haunting story. It's a much better substitute than Return of Jafar (though I could've sworn that Aladdin and Jasmine were married at the end of Aladdin). And as for the other movies, like Annie and Cinderella, who has seen the version with Brandy? I still don't know why they took that song from Boys from Syracuse. Was it just for a show-off number with Bernadette Peters or something? It had no right to be there. But, otherwise, I quite liked that one. Would love to see a telemovie / musical of My Fair Lady

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#21re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 9:26pm

the only ones i have liked that i have seen are:
all of the Aladin ones but return of jefare is better
Lionking II
Toy Story

elphieisperky
#22re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 9:36pm

Yeah, it's sad. It's funny, Snow White used to be my favorite movie, I always used to pray for a sequal. But, times have changed. Ah. I'm growing up. *sighs, remembering being a stalker of Snow White*

rockfenris2005
#23re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 10:08pm

I signed a petition (years ago) to stop an attempt on a Snow White sequel. Millions of others did too. Uncle Walt would be rolling in his grave (or ice-tank, lol). The story, at that time, was that Snow White was being pursued by the angry sister of the wicked queen. How pathetic

Bwaybaby109
#24re: Disney sequels, will they ever end?
Posted: 3/7/05 at 11:12pm

hey rockfenris! yous tole my quote on Disney rolling in his ice box! lol jk even if you did i dont care i would just feel special!

Videos