News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jason Bennett

Jason Bennett Profile Photo
Member Name: Jason Bennett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.JBActors.com
Blog Address:
Profile: First of all, Broadway Legend Betty Buckley is teaching a workshop at the end of this month at my school, The Jason Bennett Actor's Workshop. It's an amazing chance to learn from a Master of Performance.

Jason Bennett, http://www.jbactors.com , is an award-winning acting and voice teacher who works with professional performers on Broadway, in film and television, and in theaters throughout the country. He has published numerous cutting-edge articles about acting and singing, and is working on a book that will synthesize all the great performing methods -- and more.

He has coached politicians, attorneys, national news anchors, corporate executives, and activists.

Jason Bennett studied acting, voice, singing and movement with almost 30 teachers. He attended Cincinnati-Conservatory of Music for Musical Theater, Florida State University for Psychology and Acting, and he will begin work on a PhD in the Psychology of Creativity.

He has mastered all the traditional acting systems, his contemporary work described by various professional performers, teachers and publications as "inspired," "genius," "cutting-edge," "simultaneously very deep and practical." His work is rooted in a commitment to continue to evolve actor training to make it increasingly practical, fun and profound.

To read lots more, go to http://www.jbactors.com

AND JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'Memphis' predictions that were fantastical-ly wrong
 Jun 15 2010, 07:40:19 AM
Wayman, be careful, you appear to be one of the very, very few who have a brain on this board. That doesn't go over too well...
Marc Shaiman on MEMPHIS....
 Jun 14 2010, 03:03:41 PM
Urine. Period. When it comes down to it...urine...
 Jun 14 2010, 02:47:41 PM
I'm not saying that at all. I expect several posters can't read (duh...), and apparently think hot thoughts about me, but that you're far above them...It's actually made me laugh out loud how much time many invest in me. It's textbook PERFECTION.
 Jun 14 2010, 02:22:54 PM
Well I know your IQ is about 50 points higher than many posters, but, um, whatever you say...

p.s. - Findingnamo will chime in, he/she has a wittle bit of an obsession wit me. It's so cute. Also, lizzie curry who makes up a fake quote about me in his/her signature....they're spending LOTS of time on me...of course...theatrediva also seems to be hot for me. I wuvs it.

Jun 14 2010, 02:21:06 PM
Um, wrong Sergio, Jordan....

Jun 14 2010, 02:15:18 PM
Sergio is SOOOO freaking out...
Could These Straight Dudes Quit Thanking Their Wives?
 Jun 14 2010, 12:26:27 PM
Amen, Neal.
acting transfer student
 Jun 14 2010, 10:20:29 AM
I'm sorry, not everyone who personally studied with Uta Hagen is a good teacher. And I'm super happy you're having a great experience.
The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 10:37:24 PM
Matt was present, never moving for the sake of it, always specifically thinking and feeling, had a feeling of ease, radiated MANY kinds of energies that were theatrical. He knows what he's doing. A couple others tonight seemed like clichés, looking in places in the theater for no apparent reason, moving for the sake of moving, sounding pretty and communicating nothing. Matt got it, period.
 Jun 13 2010, 10:28:47 PM
Thank you, Matt, you know what you're doing...
Too much Hollywood @ the TONY'S?
 Jun 13 2010, 09:52:01 PM
I agree completely, quitetheatrical.
 Jun 13 2010, 09:42:00 PM
Dear Capn,

I didn't say what you said I said...Please re-read my post: "Capn, I'm not "grateful" for Hollywooders gracing us with their appearances. Often, I'm offended by it."

Did I mention the Tonys? I was referring more to the theater scene in NY, coming to star in shows, etc.

Then, I clearly switched topics to the Tonys. It's why I wrote the phase "But, on the other hand..." AFTER I agreed with your main point about ratings and tuning in. Although, unless people on DIFFERENT channels are psychic, they'd have a hard time knowing Jon Bon Jovi was going to make a meaningless appearance ahead of time in order to TUNE IN for his 30 seconds...

I neither stated nor implied the technical glitches or bad copy had anything do with Hollywood actors. Perhaps you read my post a little too quickly to see what I wrote clearly?

Next, I agree with your points about Bruce Vilanch and/or Billy Crystal. And, in that vein, I was thinking someone like Paul Rudnick...

I think my points are valid, but not if you misunderstand them and put words in my mouth, which I'm learning is a fun hobby of some posters on here (not you, necessarily), then absurd arguments about nothing ensue...But, I do appreciate you didn't just lie about me (as at least one poster keeps doing) and make up entire threads that violate the TOS of this board.

Jun 13 2010, 09:33:53 PM
Ok, for bad, cliché musical theater acting, that song from RAGTIME is classic. I'm sorry, but all that posing and blocking you learn not to do in ACTING 101.
FIRE THE SOUND GUY ALREADY!
 Jun 13 2010, 09:28:46 PM
It's like that basically every year...
 Jun 13 2010, 09:17:13 PM
Capn, I'm not "grateful" for Hollywooders gracing us with their appearances. Often, I'm offended by it. And I travel to LA frequently, so nothing against hollywood or film or tv...

On the other hand, I appreciate your point about ratings and agree. But, there are so many substantive things wrong with the Tony's every year, it makes me sad...bad copy, tons of technical glitches, etc.

It is our WINDOW to the outside world, and frankly, I'm sad about it every year...It should be of the highest priority to our community. I've often lobbied for top-notch playwrights to do the writing...I think it's important. But, I'm just little old me me with my little old school, not enough influence...

Jun 13 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Every year I think that...and yet, not good enough copy for the host...
On Politics and Acting and the Tonys
 Jun 13 2010, 08:51:56 PM
There are the issues...and there are personal attacks...

To the issues:

GLEE is political, obviously -- all the shows of note have very clear political agendas...

LA CAGE, what would the politics of that be about? This is rhetorical, of course, as the answer is obvious...

Jun 13 2010, 08:21:46 PM
Well, but they're openly gay, fine with it...and also get married to have a friend who is a woman, live with them and have kids...they're not in the closet...THAT was my point.

On Politics and Acting and the Tonys
 Jun 13 2010, 08:16:59 PM
The other day, someone made the utterly bizarre comment on here that "politics" has nothing to do with being an actor. As I watch the Tonys, all these shows, I'm reminded of the fact that each show I'm seeing so far is HIGHLY political. The creators are highly political in their personal and creative lives, and so are lots of these shows.

Sometimes, the politics is symbolic. In fact, most often it is. You deliver a symbolic message in a way an audience can "hear" it.

Fo

Jun 13 2010, 07:52:43 PM
Um...I won't comment specifically on who I THINK you are referring to. But, one of the people I am sitting with here has personal knowledge he is NOT straight...But, although I think we're talking about the same person, perhaps not... And yes, he's married. It's the very trendy thing to do these days - gay chic marriage for kids...and friendship...hot gay sex on the side...constantly...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You