News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sherie_worshipper

sherie_worshipper Profile Photo
Member Name: sherie_worshipper
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Andrew Lloyd Webber on Musicals and Political Correctness
 Jun 15 2023, 04:16:49 PM

He’s right, though.

The current climate is unsustainable in the long run. The greatest works of art wouldn’t exist if the artists had only been allowed to write from their own experience. There’s only so much you can create using only your background (or do we really want a world where every single musical is “A Strange Loop”?). And yes, even minorities deserve to write about different subjects. I’m a Latino artist living in the US and I’m tire

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 19 2023, 09:06:50 PM

BarnabyTucker said: "Here is my pitch for how a few loose threads could have been pulled together:

We establish in the beginning that everyone in the kingdom is naturally beautiful. We keep the line how the Queen is so beautiful that we don't even know how old she is. (I know on the West End everyone went to see Godmother for plastic surgery but here we drop that.)

We have the Queen/Stepmother scene where they're trading quips and, at the end of the numb

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 19 2022, 01:38:05 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "sherie_worshipper said: "Globefan said: "My prediction is that we'll get casting reveals in the next few weeks."

My prediction is that Hannah Waddingham will play Madame Morrible. I may be wrong, of course, but her latest social media interactions have led me to believe that she’s involved in the movie.
"

You must be looking at Cynthia Erivo’s social media as there is ZERO hinting of anything you’re talking about on Hannah’s social media that would imply WICKED.

https://instagram.com/hannah_waddingham?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"

Could it be that I wasn’t wrong after all? I noticed that Hannah had recently started to follow Jon M. Chu and Ariana Grande on Instagram (she followed Cynthia Erivo already). And her (now deleted) bio said “player of septas, witches and b*tches”. Even though she has played many (and I mean MANY) witches in her career, it felt like too much of a coincidence to me. The fact that she has deleted that bio since the Morrible rumors started only adds to my suspicion. But I may be wrong. I wonder if I’m the one who first stared this rumor…

Jul 2 2022, 06:05:51 AM

Globefan said: "My prediction is that we'll get casting reveals in the next few weeks."

My prediction is that Hannah Waddingham will play Madame Morrible. I may be wrong, of course, but her latest social media interactions have led me to believe that she’s involved in the movie.

ALW's Cinderella
 Jun 8 2022, 11:01:54 PM

Ke3 said: "Carrie Hope Fletcher uploaded a youtube video today, and based on it, I don’t think she’s coming over with the show. She mentioned she’s been auditioning for a lot of stuff that would start this fall/next spring. Makes sense though, isn’t Sarah Brightman the only time Andrew has kept the same lead from London to Broadway?"

Michael Crawford and Steve Barton came over with Phantom too. Michael Ball, Ann Crumb, Kevin Colson and Kat

Nov 5 2021, 03:13:24 AM
With the mediocre Jon M. Chu at the helm I was expecting this movie to be bad, but it’s going to be much, much worse.
JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
 Sep 26 2021, 06:11:57 PM

No one is saying that people are only allowed to play themselves.

Yes, that’s exactly what you are saying.

…this is what the general trend indicates…

According to you and a vocal minority on social media.

For the record, I’m an immigrant POC gay man. I tick many minority boxes and I’m fed up with so-called allies trying to cancel artistic endeavors using people like me as an excuse. You’re caus

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 Sep 19 2021, 12:03:05 AM

I agree with you 100%, BrodyFosse123. I was expecting to hate it and ended up loving it. And I’m not even a fan of the stage version!

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
 Jun 19 2021, 12:46:42 PM

Scarywarhol said: "Neither Cruella or A Quiet Place 2 were available for free to anyone with an HBO Max sub or a friend/family member with a login. And new data published in Variety indicates that AT&T, who made the shockingly poor decision to release WB's whole slate straight to streaming, were lying that the ITH box office numbers reflect the streaming reception. A lot of people are watching and nobody wants to own what a short-sighted decision this was."

Dreamgirls film controversy
 Jun 16 2021, 06:01:08 PM
Jimmy’s death by overdose in the movie created some controversy at the time. Maybe that’s what she was taking about.
 Jun 15 2021, 10:30:05 PM

aliceripleyofficial said: "After seeing In The Heights, it's clear thatChu's Wicked will be garish and overwrought... if it happens"

Exactly.

(By the way, I love my irritatingly long photo of Sherie René Scott. Deal with it.)

Jun 14 2021, 02:49:11 PM

It flopped on HBO Max too.

http://deadline.com/2021/06/in-the-heights-hbo-max-viewership-box-office-opening-1234774865/

http://variety.com/2021/film/box-office/in-the-heights-box-office-hbo-max-1234995410/

It’s easy to blame the marketing (which was HUGE) and the day-and-date release strategy, but the truth is that audiences largely ignored it, even HBO Max subscribers. It’s a flop. End of story. Expect Warner to downplay the ads this week to cut their losses and call it a day.

Jun 14 2021, 01:32:43 PM
It’s not about pleasing people. It’s about being a good director.
 Jun 14 2021, 06:17:56 AM
Time to hire a new director, Universal.
 Jun 12 2021, 02:22:14 PM

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but…

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/06/12/box-office-in-the-heights-disappoints-with-5m-friday/

May 22 2021, 06:39:31 PM

Edit: Whatever. Let people enjoy things.

May 22 2021, 03:01:58 PM

Musical Master said: "sherie_worshipper said: "We’re at a point where Lin-Manuel Miranda can literally drop a turd and people will eat it up."

Oh for craps sake...

"

Exactly.

May 22 2021, 01:34:49 AM
We’re at a point where Lin-Manuel Miranda can literally drop a turd and people will eat it up.
 Apr 18 2021, 10:31:47 PM

Okay, I know I’m the voice of dissent on this board, but let me explain why I believe this movie fails to deliver.

Full disclosure: I’m a Latino immigrant living in the US. This shouldn’t be important, since this movie will be seen by people from all backgrounds, but I think I know a thing or two about the reality of the characters and I really wanted to love this movie. But let me also say that, as much as I love the stage musical, I tried to approach this

Apr 17 2021, 02:36:08 PM
In the Heights is both a bad adaptation of the stage show and a bad movie.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You