News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cat123

Member Name: Cat123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Previews
 Apr 5 2015, 07:08:26 AM

I saw this is yesterday matinee. I'm completely in love. 

Whereas On the Town took away what I like about the film, here they improved wha is wrong with it. Made you like Lise, made the story deeper, and the dancing...

Yes. Love. 

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews
 Apr 3 2015, 03:51:16 PM

Yes, according to Facebook

I have tickets Sunday night. I am never one to complain when understudies are on, but Tam was a huge factor in my decision to book. I will be disappointed if he is still unwell

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 Mar 5 2015, 08:25:07 AM
Thanks! If I see this when I'm in my it will be on 2nd April, but it hinges somewhat on who the cast will be! At least I'll know before I fly!
Jonathan Groff in HAMILTON
 Mar 5 2015, 05:37:45 AM
I admits I knowing next to nothing about the show or the character but Jonathan and Brian seem like two very different actors...

Regardless, I'm excited!! 1 month!!

Mar 5 2015, 05:35:20 AM
After a long break from seeing the show some years ago, my first pairing back (in London) was Terra & Ruthie. Perfect! Terra's great!

Any news on Broadway take overs? How long in advance is it usually announced? Unless a celeb is joining I've found this show to be bad at announcing cast changes!

April NYC Trip Show Help
 Feb 25 2015, 05:06:01 AM
If all works out with my trip I will be seeing 13 shows in 8 days 2-9 April. Wow. I'll never want to see the inside of a theatre again!*

*I totally will.

Honeymoon is not on my list though, I doesnt appeal for some reason. Also, Kinky Boots is coming to the West End this year (or next?) so I won't be seeing that either. I'm only trying the Aladdin lotto for the Friday matinee as it doesn't clash with anything I want to see and we are seeing the Rockettes the day we leave f

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
 Feb 25 2015, 04:43:59 AM
I'm pleased On the Town is up
Riedel on Hamilton transfer
 Feb 25 2015, 04:42:35 AM
Thank goodness for that! Was worried there for a moment.
THE VISIT
 Feb 25 2015, 04:39:35 AM
Is there a definitive running time for this? I've seen 90, 95 and 100 minutes written in various places! My plan for my coming April trip, in order to squeeze as many shows as possible into my week, is to see this on the Friday night then run a block for the 10pm Hedwig performance. I'd like to prepare!
 Feb 25 2015, 04:34:23 AM
Chicago is my all time favourite musical. It closed in London about 3 years ago and I miss it like crazy! I couldn't make a trip to NY without seeing it, could I?

I will be seeing it hopefully at some point Easter weekend. Apologies if the information is out there already but I didn't know where to look. Do we yet know who will take over from Jennifer? And are any other cast members due to leave March 29th?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Feb 24 2015, 10:47:47 AM
iluvtheatertrash, that would be fine but I'm only there until the 8th and only have 2 slots (other than te one I have this booked into) free. Will it be previewing in time? It's cutting it fine.

Can they really get If/Then out and this in in a week?! Surely health and safety would have something to say! Re-staging and re-blocking an entire show, building sets etc... Unless they've already begun the process has all the makings of a monumental disaster.

Feb 24 2015, 06:35:35 AM
Thank you Whatever2, but to be honest I think I'll be too annoyed to re-book if this is the case. The most irritating thing is that because of the falling currency exchange rate we will lose money with a refund.
 Feb 23 2015, 06:46:41 PM
I'm visiting from the UK and have a ticket for April 5th. I will be FUMING if they cancel it now after getting my hopes up with the extension. Fuming, I tell you.

Glass Menagerie first preview
 Sep 6 2013, 07:13:42 PM
Yeah, patronising me is not gonna alter the fact that that's what I paid or the fact that I don't care! I got it wrong though, it was $148!

Sep 6 2013, 12:11:04 PM
$180 ish. I don't regret it. It will be the first show I've ever seen on broadway and the one that made me book my trip when I did. It's the one I've splashed out on and everything else I see will be with rush tickets or broadway box discounts.
 Sep 6 2013, 11:13:38 AM
I paid more than I have for any show in my life to sit in the 3rd row! I hope I don't regret it. Has anyone watched this from up close?
 Sep 6 2013, 08:38:34 AM
I set foot in New York from London for the first time in 12 days and I am seeing this production in 13 days. I could cry I'm so excited! It's great to read such high praise after just one performance.
First trip to NY!
 Aug 11 2013, 12:46:05 PM
Anyone have any Off-Broadway suggestions?
First trip to NY!
 Aug 11 2013, 06:14:30 AM
Kinky Boots doesn't appeal to me, it sounds very much like Priscilla which I hated! And a friend of mine saw it and didn't like it and we usually agree. Matilda is great but it's also in London, I want to see some stuff I'm not likely to see otherwise :)
First trip to NY!
 Aug 10 2013, 07:52:26 PM
I just booked for Newsies (love that there's a performance on Mondays!) Thanks so much for the voucher code :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You