April NYC Trip Show Help

vtalum05
#1April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 10:43am

I'm planning a trip to NYC in the middle of April. Wednesday-Friday. I would like to see the Rockettes spring show, Kinky Boots, On The Town, Aladdin, Honeymoon In Vegas, and Finding Neverland. Don't think I can squeeze all of those in. LOL. Will Honeymoon still be playing? I know its struggling or so I've read. How difficult would it be to get tickets to Aladdin. I'm thinking that Aladdin will be playing for a while if I don't get tickets this go round I will try for another trip. Any thoughts and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#2April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 11:01am

If you have to skip one, skip the Rockettes. How much different is it than what they did last year, 10 years ago or 100 years ago?

Kinky Boots will travel, so you can probably see that elsewhere if need be, as will Aladdin.

See Hand to God, then you'll have something to tell folks back home about who will never get to see it.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 11:02am

Honeymoon is indeed struggling, but I bet it'll still be around in mid-april. I think they might decide to close it after the Tony noms are announced (since I'm guessing it won't fare well). However, if you want my personal opinion, you can probably skip Honeymoon in Vegas altogether.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 11:20am

I think you should see On The Town

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:21pm

Honeymoon is a hoot & flat out fun

If it is still playing, definitely go see it.

Poster Emeritus

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#5April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/24/15 at 3:19pm

On the Town is struggling as well, time will tell if they can afford to stay open until the Tony noms. But if you want some classic Broadway fun you could see On the 20th Century instead.
I wouldn't necessarily skip the Rockettes, it's their first ever spring show, so I expect it to be a bit different from their Christmas show. Plus Laura Benanti!!
I WeeThomas said, I would skip Kinky Boots and/or Aladdin. They will be around and go on tour as well.

Cat123
#6April NYC Trip Show Help
Posted: 2/25/15 at 5:06am

If all works out with my trip I will be seeing 13 shows in 8 days 2-9 April. Wow. I'll never want to see the inside of a theatre again!*

*I totally will.

Honeymoon is not on my list though, I doesnt appeal for some reason. Also, Kinky Boots is coming to the West End this year (or next?) so I won't be seeing that either. I'm only trying the Aladdin lotto for the Friday matinee as it doesn't clash with anything I want to see and we are seeing the Rockettes the day we leave for the same reason.

I'm a bit worried about not having time to do other stuff in the city though!

Videos