pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:05pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 2/22/2015 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (16.1%), MATILDA (13.1%), JERSEY BOYS (11.6%), LES MISÉRABLES (10.7%), A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (9.8%), WICKED (9.6%), THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME (7.8%), YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU (4.7%), BEAUTIFUL (3.8%), MAMMA MIA! (2.5%), ON THE TOWN (2.5%), ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY (1.2%), THE LION KING (0.9%), THE ELEPHANT MAN (0.7%), KINKY BOOTS (0.1%), ALADDIN (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance was: HONEYMOON IN VEGAS (-17.2%), IF/THEN (-8.4%), CABARET (-7.9%), A DELICATE BALANCE (-7.4%), IT'S ONLY A PLAY (-5.8%), CHICAGO (-5.6%), HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (-3.6%), THE AUDIENCE (-2.1%), DISGRACED (-0.9%), CONSTELLATIONS (-0.3%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (-0.1%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

ILuv2shop531
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:08pm

Ouch, Honeymoon numbers are at an all time low.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:12pm

And there's the decline for Cabaret since Emma Stone is now gone...

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:16pm

The Audience, first full week of previews, is at 102.63% of gross potential. Do you think it can keep near the 100% pace for the whole limited run?

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:16pm

"And there's the decline for Cabaret since Emma Stone is now gone..."

Quelle surprise.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:21pm

There is really nothing to say about Honeymoon in Vegas anymore.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:32pm

"There is really nothing to say about Honeymoon in Vegas anymore."

Except perhaps "how deeply humanitarian of Tony Danza to single-handedly pay all those poor people's salaries."

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:35pm

On The 20th Century's top ticket price was ZERO! Now, there's a deal.

ILuv2shop531
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:37pm

Now the question for Honeymoon is, do the producers really want to hang on all the way to Tony noms? Same question for On The Town. Still another 2.5 months away which is a while with those numbers.

neonlightsxo
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:38pm

There is no chance Honeymoon can hang on at this point. Unless they have multi-million dollars of extra money rolling in. Tony Danza will run out.

NOB88
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:41pm

I heard Honeymoon now has a billboard in TS? Has anyone seen it? Also Danza is scheduled to be on the Wendy Williams show tomorrow. The promo said he was starring in one of the biggest shows on Broadway. I guess someone really, really does not want to let this show go. Maybe they can work it out.

neonlightsxo
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:42pm

I saw the billboard. It's literally Tony Danza's face.

NOB88
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 3:47pm

"I saw the billboard. It's literally Tony Danza's face."

Did they change 'Vegas' in the title to um...maybe New York? That might help.

Pootie2
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:11pm

I wonder if Honeymoon might be forced to close via "stop clause" like what happened to Side Show, regardless of what the (crazy) producers want.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:14pm

I find it hilarious that Honeymoon keeps on losing money, and they keep on spending tons more on additional advertising with no effect on sales. I mean a billboard in Times Square costs around $12,000 a week for rental space. They can't afford that with all of the money they are already losing.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:17pm

Honeymoon now going on 14 weeks losing money back to reality now after last week's bump shed some light but not sure how they can keep running at a lose week after week???
I feel at this stage, how are Tony nominations gonna help?
What are they thinking?
https://www.broadwayworld.com/grossesshow.cfm?show=HONEYMOON-IN-VEGAS&year=2015&allall=on

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:20pm

I imagine honeymoon is a patient who's in a coma/on their death bed and the hospital(audience) wants to turn off the machines, but this weird relative person named tony doesn't want to let go so they keep it running.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

AEA AGMA SM
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 4:47pm

"Now the question for Honeymoon is, do the producers really want to hang on all the way to Tony noms? Same question for On The Town. Still another 2.5 months away which is a while with those numbers."

From what has been reported On the Town has a much more realistic chance of staying open until the spring than Honeymoon in Vegas. Their numbers have been low, yes, but not nearly as low as those for Honeymoon, and they did actually have some decent weeks during the times when most shows expect to see an increase to their box office takes, including one week where they made over a million. All things that you can't say the same about for Honeymoon in Vegas, which hasn't even been able to crack the $500,000 mark, even during the normally lucrative holiday weeks.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:09pm

Hamilton needs a smaller theater. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and scoop up the Nederlander?

Just a guess. Please don't jump me.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:24pm

Matilda is getting back up there!! YAS! I wonder if there will be a cast change with any of the principles. Aren't Matt and Chris coming up on their 1year anniversary

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

VintageSnarker
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 7:29pm

"I imagine honeymoon is a patient who's in a coma/on their death bed and the hospital(audience) wants to turn off the machines, but this weird relative person named tony doesn't want to let go so they keep it running."

I should not be laughing so hard at that. I feel bad for Rob and Brynn but it might be time to put this show out of its misery.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:05pm

Phantom had the biggest increase. Interesting.

FindingNamo
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:18pm

"I saw the billboard. It's literally Tony Danza's face."

They'd better bring him inside because it's freezing tonight.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Nateben2 Profile Photo
Nateben2
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:21pm

It is interesting the stop clause is not being enforced, which just fuels rumors that indeed another show might be waiting in the wings, but is not in a hurry for the theater - so the owners aren't forcing them out. If someone wants the theater later in the summer or the fall, then they might as well keep getting rent rather then stand empty.

It will be interesting to see if Hamilton wants the Nederlander, but with their press announcement for tomorrow - unless Honeymoon posts a closing notice tomorrow - I suspect if the announcement is the show transferring - it would announce the Rogers . . .

So, the next 36 hours might be interesting . . .

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:21pm

"Phantom had the biggest increase. Interesting."

Those boycotters need to step up their game.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Videos