News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LALALand

LALALand Profile Photo
Member Name: LALALand
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Nov 1 2023, 04:54:14 PM

They did a Blondie musical in the UK, it was an adaptation of the film Desperately Seeking Susan.

Tom Holland-led Fred Astaire Biopic - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 13 2023, 03:48:34 PM

Reminds me of the competing Janis Joplin biopics in the mid-1990s.  One with Melissa Etheridge and the other with Lily Taylor. In the end, neither film was made.

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances  Sep 20 2022, 06:24:56 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "Dammit! I wasn’t going to watch this piece of crap, but now I have to…if only to support my Puerto Rican icon/legend/trailblazer - - - RITA FRIGGIN MORENO!!!!

She betta werq!

"

This!

Liza!  Jul 17 2022, 08:46:17 AM

I recall an interview with PSB at the time of it's release. They had wanted to do a series of these albums with different singers, the list included Ann-Margret and Shirley Bassey.  Oh what could've been...

Other possible bio-musicals?  Jul 14 2022, 04:14:44 PM

David10086 said: I've always said I would love to see a bio-musical on Mama Cass Elliott. She was a force to be reckoned with in the 60s, until her untimely death at 32 in 1974 from a heart-attack.  She got her start at 19, competing with Streisand for the role of 'Miss Marmelstein' on Broadway, and then became a founding member of one of the most popular groups of the 1960s- The Mamas and The Papas (earning her name 'Mama' Cass Elliott'Other possible bio-musicals?. She then broke out on her own with great success in the early 70s until her death. 

Chrissy Metz would be the actress to play her !

I would settle for a Mamas and Papas musical. Their music is very autobiographical.

Best Musical Not Winning Best Book and Score  Jun 16 2018, 12:00:08 PM

Have those awards ever gone to 3 different musicals?

What Should Be the Next  Nov 10 2016, 10:34:13 AM

Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814

Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Rachel York and Betty Buckley Grey Gardens in New York?  Jul 2 2016, 11:01:41 AM

The chance to see Betty Buckley in a musical is all I need.  Getting tickets today. 

Adam Lambert in FOX TV remake of ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW  Jan 15 2016, 11:52:49 PM

Tim Curry joins the cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tim-curry-returning-foxs-rocky-856187?facebook_20160115

GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production  Sep 3 2014, 10:35:50 AM
She is pretty convincing. Although, the leg position gives her away.
Witches Of Eastwick  Aug 19 2014, 10:34:32 AM
I saw the Prince of Whales production with a friend who had never been to a show before. He loved it, I liked it. The original cast was still in the show, minus Ian McShane. Enjoyable, but forgettable. The thing i most remember is Rosemary Ashe singing "Evil." She was hilarious and the vomit spraying from her mouth was a wonderfully gross effect.
The PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE musical that never happened  Aug 14 2014, 10:58:03 AM
LOVE this movie. I am surprised this hasn't been done yet. Though I agree that it wouldn't be successful without the Paul Williams score. I like Steinman a lot, but glad this didn't work out.
Streep's new song reportedly cut from final film  Aug 14 2014, 10:33:28 AM
Showface- I believe the Academy changed the rules on that. The song has to be used in the film as part of a scene.
Nicole Scherzinger as Grizabella?  Aug 2 2014, 12:15:19 PM
She is roughly the same age as Betty Buckley was when she played the role.
Expanded Soundtrack Releases  Aug 29 2013, 01:03:06 PM
frontrowcentre2 - i worked with TJ at Paramount. He was a great source of information. Lots of stories about Star. I see him occasionally around Hollywood. Very nice guy.
Kiss of the Spider Woman - OBCR or 1994 BCR  Aug 8 2013, 11:30:51 AM
I agree with those that love the Vanessa Williams recording (and the fact that I cannot upload to Itunes). I really like both, but I saw Vanessa Williams and she was brilliant. I would love to see this show revived.
SMASH  May 1 2013, 12:48:52 PM
She was also in Shark Night 3D.
Patti LuPone sings Memory  Apr 17 2013, 05:00:51 PM
Wow...I'm convinced. I would love for her to record an album of his music (wishful thinking of course).
Diana Ross Plays Every 1960s Broadway Leading Lady  Apr 17 2013, 01:10:27 PM
All of the rude Florence Ballard vitriol aside, this made my morning. Thank you for posting.
Patti LuPone sings Memory  Apr 16 2013, 11:59:33 AM
That sounds like someone trying to sing LIKE Patti LuPone.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You