News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for edyw32

edyw32 Profile Photo
Member Name: edyw32
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIEDEL: Chenoweth as Dolly
 Aug 7 2013, 06:19:09 AM
I think she will be fabulous in the role but she's so little!! I hope the headress is lightweight as she may topple over on that staircase. Then again those gavotting waiters can toss her around the stage like a salad, that could be a spectacular number.
A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder Info
 Jul 30 2013, 07:30:58 AM
Are you serious?
Chilina Kennedy was awful as Mary in Jesus Christ Superstar - I was wondering how she got to be a leading lady in an iconice role on Broadway when I saw the Show. Couldn't hit or sustain the notes in my own opinion of course .

Why do you want autographs?
 Jul 18 2013, 05:03:31 PM
I don't usually care about autographs but after I saw Judy Kuhn's brilliant Fosca in Passion I waited after in the lobby of CSC and she graciously signed my Playbill even asking how to correctly spell my name. I had planned my trip (from Australia) around seeing her in the show and told her so. She was chuffed. What a lovely lady she was. I'm glad I asked and may even get it framed.
So--who will replace Bernadette?
 Dec 26 2011, 05:14:56 AM
Debra Byrne should be flown over pronto!
she is the best musical performer Australia has ever had (sorry Nancye Hayes - u are runner up)
I saw her perform the role of Sally in a Production Company production in Melbourne a few years back - she nailed the giddiness, frumpiness and frustration of the role. And she sang like an angel.
She has previously nailed these roles in Oz in the past, so you may get the picture/talent she exudes.
Grizabella - Cats
Fantine - Les Miz
Nor

re: If you could play one character...
 Dec 26 2011, 05:07:53 AM
for the songs....
Mama Rose
Eva Peron
Mrs Lovett
Sally Durant
Charity Hope Valentine

for the perfomance accolades (I know i would be brilliant)
Carrie White
Margaret White
Little Edith Beale (2nd act)
Big Edie Beale (2nd act - with use of mirrors)
Marge in Promises Promises - if i could match Katie Finneran's brilliance

Just back from seeing War Horse Film.
 Dec 26 2011, 04:58:29 AM
i think that if you love a film like Young Adult, you may have problems with War Horse, unless you are into the craft of film and not the content?
Follies Signing!
 Dec 1 2011, 03:16:30 AM
golbinau u are hysterical

Books About Broadway
 Jun 21 2011, 04:07:21 AM
Smash by Garson Kanin is fabulous, if you can find it
Tony opening number
 Jun 13 2011, 03:25:52 AM
Thanks from Down Under
Tony opening number
 Jun 13 2011, 03:20:11 AM
Anyone have a link to the Tony opening number, I am dying to see it
Trailer for BROADWAY: BEYOND THE GOLDEN AGE docmentary
 May 31 2011, 05:56:13 AM
how old are you?
Why LND will definitely close in LONDON now
 May 31 2011, 05:33:18 AM
It is interesting that if you read into the "ecstatic" reviews for the Melbourne production of LND is that most critics praised the sets and were less rapt about the music and criticized the weak book and appalling lyrics. I was gobsmacked how blatant a carbon copy of Phantom, that LND was. I guess a good set can make the punters happy???
check out my opinion if you care
https://glenwj.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/beware-wet-paint
hallelujah to Paint Never Dries - gotta love the whingers

re: Favorite Set Designs
 May 29 2011, 04:59:35 AM
The original Australian production of Jesus Christ Superstar in the 70's - was simply amazing and changed my life.
Loved Les Miz
London Into The Woods (Richard Hudson version) was great
King And I revival with Donna Murphy was beautiful
Grand Hotel

May 29 2011, 04:59:30 AM
The original Australian production of Jesus Christ Superstar in the 70's - was simply amazing and changed my life.
Loved Les Miz
Grand Hotel

May 29 2011, 04:59:16 AM
Loved Les Miz
Grand Hotel

One performance you would like to go back in time to catch...
 May 29 2011, 04:56:18 AM
Tim Curry as Franknfurter in the original London Rocky Horror Show - been told it was awesome - he was amazing in the film
Kathy Najimy as Mother Superior in B'Way SISTER ACT?
 Aug 18 2010, 05:34:41 AM
i agree, she is still young enough to play her original role, is it a big enough role in the stage version?
I would love to see Swoosie Kurtz play the role. Is there a song involved?
I bet that Montego actress will play the Whoopi role

Signature's Chess
 Aug 18 2010, 05:23:59 AM
In the Australian production, it was Svetlana's song, which makes sense.
This production got rid of the Florence Budapest crap, simplified it, set it in a Bangkok hotel lobby. Tim Rice said it was the ultimate then, lol.
I met Natashia Richadson at the opening night in Sydney, she was then the GF of producer Robert Fox, and she was simply DIVINE. Had the best time with her , she was charming and full of pure class :)

audible lyrics?
 Aug 17 2010, 09:44:43 AM
I saw Alice in N2N, and yes i have to admit, she was the hardest to understand. But strangely, and through her brilliant performance, I understood what she was saying, just not in an audible way.
Don't bother seeing American Idiot, unless you are an idiot, or you like to see John Gallagher Jr overact and over sing

audible lyrics?
 Aug 17 2010, 09:24:43 AM
On a recent trip to New York, I took in quite a few shows.
I have a question/complaint about 2 of them.
Sound design.
In American Idiot, a show I didn't like much at all, I couldn't understand what they were singing about, the lyrics were inaudible, anyone else have a problem with that? Mind you I didn't give a rat's what the stupid cliched characters were singing about.
Next To Normal was I show I was blown away by, but again the same problem with inaudible lyrics at times, didn

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You