Follies Signing!

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#1Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:14pm

Alright who is going to the Follies signing tomorrow at Barnes & Noble and what time are you getting in line. I think this one is going to be a big one!

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#2Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:35pm

I am definitely going! I should be able to get there is around 2:00, but if people are getting there a lot earlier, I'll just have to skip a class Follies Signing!

emilyfaye48
#2Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:45pm

I just called and the sitch is to get your cd signed you must have a wrist band which are first come first serve. And once you have the wrist band you do not, repeat DO NOT have to stay in line, you can leave and come back! Which is awesome because I really thought I was going to be sitting on the floor all day. huzzah!!

theatrefreak0109 Profile Photo
theatrefreak0109
#3Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:45pm

since the B&N site seems to have changed to two signed cd's per person is anyone willing to help me by buying a cd for i will pay you back for the cd plus a little extra for your troubles please PM me Follies Signing!

emilyfaye48
#4Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:53pm

according to the woman I spoke to each person will only be allowed to have one cd signed Follies Signing!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#5Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:54pm

If anyone happens to get another CD I'll pay them $100 to ship it to Australia for me. PM me!!!!!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

theatrefreak0109 Profile Photo
theatrefreak0109
#6Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 5:55pm

grr they should change the website lol

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#7Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 6:10pm

I might be in big trouble... I'll get there as early as possible and if I do get lucky enough to get a wrist band, I guess I'll kill time in the area; any suggestions on how?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 6:12pm

Talk to other people in the line, plan what you are going to say to Bernadette, go on grindr :P.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#9Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 6:14pm

I'd love to talk to people online and meet members of Broadway World if anyone will be there, but I'm wondering if people will be in line when I plan on getting there at around 1:00.

SingOutLouise2 Profile Photo
SingOutLouise2
#10Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 6:36pm

This sounds like the same situation when I got my "Anything Goes" cd signed. I went to B&N and bought the cd. They gave me a wristband with purchase. The lady at the counter said I didn't have to wait in line, but I went downstairs and waited in line anyway. I'm glad I did get in line early. I was able to get a great seat right in front. Even if the staff says that you don't have to wait, stand in line anyway. You can either pick a book off the shelf or talk to people. I just read. The time went by fast for me.
The site says there is a limit of two signed CDs per customer.

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/74792

I WILL NOT be going to this signing.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#11Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 8:35pm

I just called with a few questions, and the man I spoke to said you can have TWO CDs! So there's a discrepancy amongst the staff I guess...

SingOutLouise2 Profile Photo
SingOutLouise2
#12Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 9:23pm

I would just print this out:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/74792

and buy two cds if they say any differently show them your print out and say you want to have two cds signed. At the "Anything Goes" signing it was suppose to be cds only but people had playbills and the cast signed them with no issues.

xoffender45
#13Follies Signing!
Posted: 11/30/11 at 9:46pm

Anyone willing to make a few extra bucks by getting me a CD signed? Pleeeeease?

edyw32 Profile Photo
edyw32
#14Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 3:16am

golbinau u are hysterical

follies_23
#15Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 5:48am

Can someone please get me a signed CD too?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#16Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 7:55am

I am 100% serious when I say it is also my Birthday on the 2nd of December. It would be a great present :p. A present that I will be paying very generously for too!!

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#17Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 1:02pm

Is anybody here? I'm on line :)

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#18Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 1:42pm

I'm in line too and they announced that Sondheim will not be here to sign. Kind of disappointed but will still be good to get the cast.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#19Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 1:46pm

WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMende:
Did you get a priority wrist band? I didn't so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

WhizzerMarvin
#20Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 2:03pm

I did get a priority wristband. Good luck

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 2:43pm

Wow, I'm glad that I didn't go.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#22Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 3:44pm

According to twitter, Sondheim is there.

WhizzerMarvin
#23Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 5:15pm

Ljay- yes! Sondheim did end up being there and he signed, so I don't know why the B&N staff had the scare in the morning that he wouldn't be signing.

It was actually really fun and the booklets look amazing with all the signatures. It was handled just like the Night Music signing last year.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#24Follies Signing!
Posted: 12/1/11 at 5:32pm

It was a wonderful event! 22 cast members were there, so many more than I anticipated, and they were all very happy to be there and signing and very gracious. The table started with Young Buddy / Young Sally and ended with Bernadette and Sondheim.

Videos