News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dreamboy85

Member Name: Dreamboy85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Holy Crap...Was the '87 Dreamgirls Revival Any Good?
 Aug 5 2010, 11:16:13 AM
ljay889 are you talking about me?
re: Holy Crap...Was the '87 Dreamgirls Revival Any Good?
 Aug 4 2010, 05:49:06 AM
I am a huge Linda Leilani Brown fan! That girl rocked in the show! She had glamour and a unique voice! And besides Sheryl Lee Ralph, played Deena longer that anyone else! She was SLR's understudy for 6 weeks in 82' and the went on the road from 1983-84 and then returned to Broadway in 84' to replace SLR until the Show closed in 1985. Through out the National tour in 1983 and 1984 Linda Leilani Brown would also come and fill in for SLR, when she was on vacation.

Michael Bennett loved Lin

Dreamgirls - Broadway
 Aug 4 2010, 05:41:48 AM
True true!
I think some shows may need to just live in our imagination and in our memories... Don't get me wrong, I loved the new production, and I didn't count on loving it, but I was just glad to get to see it live for once. As much as I love my dozen or so boots of different versions of the show, they will never be like seeing it live.

It's theatre and we gotta give those people props for what they are out there doing 8 times a week and bussing from town to town...

I m

re: re: re: Effie Melody White?
 Aug 4 2010, 05:32:11 AM
Deena refers to Effie Melody White during the Dreams final performance in the Boston tryout.

And Florence 'Flo' Ballard was nicknamed 'Blondie' for her natural auburn highlights.

Effie is the name of the mother in "Sparkle". Which of course is a slight inspiration for Dreamgirls...

re: re: re: Effie Melody White?
 Aug 2 2010, 07:21:05 AM
During the Original Try-Out in Boston in November of 1981, Deena refers to Effie by her full name! And I think thats it...
Dreamgirls, which recording?
 Aug 2 2010, 06:37:30 AM
I agree... I am not mad about Audra McDonald as Deena or Heather Headley as Lorrell (who I love out side of this), I live for Lilias AND you get to hear a quality (a none 20 plus y/o bootleg) performance of the entire show!
Worst wigs in a production
 Aug 2 2010, 04:07:30 AM
Dreamgirls! The girls wigs are pretty bad. I thought they looked pretty bad from a distance, but a friend of mine works in the hair dept. at the theatre. And when the show came to town I got to go back stage and see them. They looked a hot mess!!!!

Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
 Aug 2 2010, 04:04:04 AM
You can buy the posters for your favorite show online on Playbill.com. You can take it to a crafts store and get it framed.
Dreamgirls - Broadway
 Aug 2 2010, 04:00:45 AM
I am a huge Dreamgirls fan and was fortunate enough to see it twice in June when it came to Cincinnati... I had prepared my self to hate, because I cherish the original production so much, but enjoyed it... My problem is:

A. The choreography is a little too modern.
B. The sound, (maybe it was my theatre) but at times the three Dreams were barely audible. And I have heard boots and it seems that the sound problems plague this tour.
C. Some of the costumes
D. WHAT WERE THEY T

Dreamgirls - Broadway
 Aug 2 2010, 04:00:08 AM
I am a huge Dreamgirls fan and was fortunate enough to see it twice in June when it came to Cincinnati... I had prepared my self to hate, because I cherish the original production so much, but enjoyed it... My problem is:

A. The choreography is a little too modern.
B. The sound, (maybe it was my theatre) but at times the three Dreams were barely audible. And I have heard boots and it seems that the sound problems plague this tour.
C. Some of the costumes
D. WHAT WERE THEY T

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You