News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pinkyboy

pinkyboy Profile Photo
Member Name: pinkyboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BRAND NEW! LES MIZ film poster, US Release
 Sep 26 2012, 03:41:37 PM
It's been said, but I don't like it. The original poster was much better. The West End/Broadway logo and poster is iconic, and many people would see it and know what the film is. If I saw this poster from the distance, I wouldn't think "Les Miserables", I'd think "Creepy Horror".

Frankly, to someone who's never seen Les Mis, they wouldn't have a clue what it was about from this poster. Looking at it again, it could be for the final Twilght film.

Top 5?
 Aug 6 2012, 03:22:52 PM
Musicals:
1)Spring Awakening
2)RENT
3)Next to Normal
4)Les Miserables
5)Holy Musical B@man
(I'm kind of scared this list is going to get me bullied!)

Your ultimate favourite songs from musicals?
 Aug 6 2012, 03:18:34 PM
I'll try and keep it to my top 5. My list could go on forever!

"Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind" - Spring Awakening
"You Don't Know" - Next to Normal
"All That's Known" - Spring Awakening
"Another Day" - RENT
And "The Dynamic Duet" from Holy Musical Batman :)

Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 27 2012, 06:08:59 PM
^Yeah, I mistyped that I did mean "To Love.." :S I see where you're coming from but I just think it got a bit too in your face with the message.

Alot of shows do that, but I just always hated that line:)

Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 27 2012, 06:01:45 PM
Oh, and another one from Les Mis. I find most of the last half hour a bit cringey and preachy, but especially when Val-Jean says "To see another person is to see the face of god".
Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 27 2012, 06:00:14 PM
I know most from Turn Off The Dark are cringe worthy, but as a Spiderman fan, I just die a bit inside during Rise Above when Arachne says
"And every heart that bleeds
Will colour your world red
And the sorrow in the night
Will be the gloom you cannot shed

But your strength will be your vision
Be your visibility
And the gift of woe before you
Will give you new eyes to see"
Just so bad. They just tried too hard to give his costume symbolism.

Reprises that are better/more well known than the actual song...
 Apr 6 2012, 02:06:59 PM
Neither of the versions are huge songs, but I always find the reprise of "It's gonna be good" (from Next to Normal) heartbreaking. Don't know why, but it always gives me a lump in my throat!
Kerry Ellis' Audition on UK Version of The Voice
 Apr 6 2012, 08:36:16 AM
I don't get why she did this. As everyone's already said, she's a huge theater star and most people (including me) would die to get the level of success she has.

However, if she is that desperate to get a pop career that she needs to go on a reality show, why did she sing Preacher Man? I've heard much better versions of the song, and I've heard her sing much better, so why choose that? I didn't think it suited her at all.

HUNGER GAMES coming to Broadway?
 Mar 25 2012, 04:11:02 AM
Michael Ball is playing Peeta, because he now feels he has enough experience around pie shop.

And P.S., they are actually making a Hunger Games musical, a bit like AVPM. http://www.hungergamesmusical.com/ - I hope it never gets made.

Rent Opening
 Jul 16 2011, 09:17:46 AM
bwaybri2, are the videos used alot in the piece, or just for certain songs (I think the original had some in the background during the finale)?

And was Adriana better than Hudgens? I should think she is, it's kind of hard not to be (no offence to her, I still have a soft spot for HSM), just wondering?

Rent Opening
 Jul 15 2011, 03:50:59 PM
I hope they do make a cast recording, I love the original (and the film soundtrack) but, from what I've heard, the new cast sound incredible.
Rent Opening
 Jul 14 2011, 02:23:51 AM
I'm excited for it to open, but for me, it will never live up to the original. But it's my favorite show, so I want to see what they do with it... hopefully it's not another RENT Remixed!
producing Rent - where in NYC should I visit for set inspiration?
 Jul 13 2011, 01:35:30 PM
New world stages theatre
Larsons unhappy with RENT
 Jul 13 2011, 01:33:58 PM
I think most of us can agree that The Larsons family are not pure evil so back on topic... The show is different and apparently has a playground like set, I don't know what this means, but I'm excited to find out, as long as it isn't the exact same show as before... Actually I'd love it even if it was the same, but change is always good
Larsons unhappy with RENT
 Jul 12 2011, 03:19:44 PM
I'm not going to pretend to have researched the Thompson courtcase thoroughly (I've read wikipedia and some law website) but things like this happen all the time. She signed a contract for $2,000. If she wanted more, she should have signed for more. As for saying the Larsons sued Lynn, she was the person who started the courtcase, not Jonathan's family.

If she had actually helped to create RENT, she might've been able to remember some of the lyrics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_(musical)#Lynn_Thomson_controversy)

Back on track, I can understand why they might not want it to change, but as songanddanceman said, RENT Remixed was probably a much worse production than what is going to be staged (I'm pretty excited for the new staging). Plus, all shows need to grow and change with new staging, choreography or whatever. It can't (and souldn't) be stopped.

Daniel Radcliffe on Glee
 Jun 2 2011, 02:54:12 PM
I don't get what everyone has against Glee. I like it so I'm a bit biased, but most teenagers (including myself) can't afford to go see theatre all the time, so I don't see the problem with them getting into musicals through Glee or Movie musicals. I'm lucky if i see a few shows a year, but I can go watch TV whenever I want.
Glee to Perform Wicked - on stage and screen
 Apr 1 2011, 04:04:40 PM
I was actually disappointed then (probably in minority, but I like both shows), but Glee would probably wreck Wicked...
Tony nomination predictions
 Mar 5 2011, 01:09:52 PM
SPIDERMAN TAKES IT ALL!!! Including the new category of "Best Rock Opera Circus Drama"
Musicals Taymor Should Direct Next?
 Mar 3 2011, 12:26:17 PM
or COD:The Musical. The world needs a Call of Duty musical
Musicals Taymor Should Direct Next?
 Mar 3 2011, 12:25:24 PM
65 Million Dollar Baby?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You