News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DefyGravity4

DefyGravity4 Profile Photo
Member Name: DefyGravity4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: West Side Story movie re-make
 Aug 22 2011, 02:48:59 AM
This has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. West Side Story is one of the best movie-musical's of all time and remaking it will only have a lackluster cast picked, not on their talents, but on how much they'll appeal to the general public. Personally I see no reason why it needs a remake as it is a classic. It makes much more sense to remake an awful movie to improve it or to make a movie of one of the many musicals which have never been translated to screen. I wouldn't mind if they r
A New Harry Potter Musical
 Jul 17 2011, 04:30:01 AM
Honestly!? That was awful. It seemed like it was trying to be a spoof but it just wasn't funny. When I saw this board I genuinely got excited as I thought it was going to mean HP on Broadway. Then again I heard that Julie Taymor would like to work on it so I'll probably be disappointed...
Rent Opening
 Jul 15 2011, 02:02:43 AM
The set looks great from those pictures and Mark, Roger and Mimi's costumes look good, maybe even better than the original, but Maureen and Angel look awful...
Lyrics that strike you as odd or disgust you
 Jun 23 2011, 02:19:43 AM
The whole of 'Contact'. I love RENT but this song just seems so out of place. Angel's just died and then they all start singing about sex. I know it's a metaphor but it kills the mood set by 'Without You'.
Lea Michelle may lave 'Glee'..does that mean FUNNY GIRL is next???
 Jun 19 2011, 02:46:31 AM
As much as I love her, I really hope she isn't in Funny Girl's revival. Glee's tried too often to make her into either Idina Menzel or Barbara Streisand and it's starting to annoy me.
Saddest moment in musical
 Jan 9 2011, 08:58:56 AM
Tony's Death in West Side Story,I'll Cover You (Reprise) from Rent and For Good from Wicked (especially in Kristin and Idina's last show together)
re: UnGLEEful
 Oct 27 2010, 06:50:14 AM
I agree that casting Mercedes as Frank-n-Furter was bizarre but I actually quite liked this week's episode. The musical numbers were fun and different and the Rent joke made it for me. However Mr Schue's starting to get too obsessed with Emma and not that likeable anymore.
N2N closing?
 Sep 27 2010, 03:07:50 PM
I'm so disappointed this is closing! I've seen a few clips and it looks amazing but unfortunately it hasn't come to the West End and I haven't been able to get to New York
Do You Know Your Musicals?
 Sep 26 2010, 06:14:05 AM
Just wondering if you saw this quiz aswell, harder than the first quiz.
Wicked - The second-Ever Original Production
 Sep 6 2010, 03:19:07 AM
I like the logo and Glinda's bubble, but can't say I'm a fan of a lot of the costume. Who's idea was Fiyero's white suit in Dancing Through Life, he looks like he's competing in Eurovision!
WICKED or AMERICAN IDIOT?
 Aug 9 2010, 03:47:42 PM
If you haven't seen it yet, definitely go see Wicked. The music and plot of the show is incredible. I don't know about the Broadway cast, but in the West End they are amazing and I can't wait to see it again next month, but I don't like Green Day, so I'm biased.

20 Broadway Shows that Everybody Should Know Well
 Aug 9 2010, 09:34:07 AM
Rent - Has Great music and a great message
Wicked - Just plain amazing :)

RENT at Hollywood Bowl (REVIEWS)
 Aug 9 2010, 06:55:34 AM
Based on the clips I've seen, Nicole was clearly the standout of the cast (Over The Moon was incredible) and Aaron and Tracie were both amazing.

But really NPH, Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi. She can't act or sing, Light My Candle was just painful to listen to and Out Tonight wasn't much better.

Ugh. Ryan Murphy wants to bring GLEE to Broadway.
 Aug 9 2010, 06:48:25 AM
Although I agree Glee wouldn't work on Broadway, it doesn't mean it can't be a good thing. When teenagers see some of the Showtunes performed on Glee, it can get them interested in the bigger shows, such as Wicked and Les Mis. This could then spark an interest in Showtunes and Broadway and lead them to seeing more non-mainstream shows,such as Memphis and Next to Normal.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You