News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kaycee

kaycee Profile Photo
Member Name: kaycee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
 Feb 19 2009, 12:53:27 PM
Cary was my first Broadway Roger. I saw him (and Matt Caplan)twice, two years apart, and he was fantastic! Even after seeing Adam during his return to Broadway (who was phenomenal the night I saw him), Cary is my favorite Roger. I wish I could road trip it up to Detroit to see him!

Where does word of Joshua Kobak filling in come from? Was he there during the rehearsal process?

re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording (With Review!)
 Nov 20 2007, 09:42:55 AM
I will be interested to know what you think of Act 2, perfectliar. That is when the album really started to set me off.
 Nov 19 2007, 04:06:54 PM
I wasn't a fan of Keili in LA, but I was willing to give her a chance on the album. I liked her Quiet Night At Home, but other than that, she just really grated on my nerves. And I found it hard to sympathize with her performance like I could with Natalie Joy Johnson.
re: Sweeney Todd Myspace w/ Epiphany film clip now up!
 Nov 19 2007, 03:09:51 PM
I think There Will Be Blood looks awful, and that movie should be right up my alley. I am pulling for Sweeney.
 Nov 19 2007, 02:40:14 PM
For starters, they changed the dynamic of the Ivy/Jason relationship. I don't know if it was intended this way, but new dialogue seems to suggest that Ivy and Jason slept together at her birthday party. And then by the second act, they are seeing each other. And then they added a bit of song/dialogue between Nadia and Jason during "Promise" which completely detracts from Jason's feeling of helplessness and being alone. And the way the dialogue between Peter and Jason during "Two Households" was
re: Hear Johnny sing
 Nov 19 2007, 12:38:12 PM
I had previously heard audio from the movie, but not seen Depp's peformance to go with it. Now having seen clip (however short), I like it. I think it will be interesting to watch and hear a Sweeney who has a more gruff voice rather than one typically heard on Broadway. Johnny Depp is such a marvelous character actor, and his voice (both spoken and singing) are an extension of that, and I think coupled together, it should be marvelous to watch.
 Nov 19 2007, 12:01:30 PM
I just finished listening to the album for the very first time and am still shocked and appalled by how much I absolutely hated it! Not only did they make unnecessary and subpar lyrical changes, but changes were made to the story as well! The only thing that I enjoyed about this album was Matt Doyle. Even Jenna Leigh Green seemed off to me. Very, very disappointed.
re: Is This from 'The Little Mermaid'?
 Aug 7 2007, 12:56:30 PM
Uh, the "shark" jaws are definitely from the American Museum of Natural History. I have a similar picture from when I visited there myself.
re: The Official 'fANADUs ' love thread to Xanadu the musical on Broadway !
 Jul 5 2007, 10:46:13 AM
broadwayjim42, it's Patrick Wilson in my avatar. That picture is so ridiculous, I love it.
re: Anyone hear the Pirate Queen cast recording yet?
 Jul 5 2007, 10:42:45 AM
I haven't been able to stop listening to it since I bought it on Tuesday. I never got the chance to see the show on Broadway, only in Chicago. So it is interesting for me to hear the changes. I am thrilled that they actually released the recording. I was afraid they would pull a Lestat. I think it sounds wonderful, even if I prefer some of the Chicago songs/lyrical versions better.
 Jul 3 2007, 12:52:23 PM
Thanks jordangirl. I apologize for not investigating the issue better myself. I was in a rush earlier. I live in the Midwest and would like to plan my trip to NY accordingly.
 Jul 3 2007, 10:25:35 AM
Any word on when Cheyenne will be leaving? I seem to remember he has a previous show commitment, but I don't know when that means he will step down. I would like to try to get the chance to see him in the role.
re: Les Miz cast changes -- Post them here!
 Jun 23 2007, 11:56:56 AM
Good Lord. Who else can they throw Drew Sarich on as? Not that I am complaining-- he has the talent to do it. I just find this whole thing incredibly odd.
re: Grease Cast
 Jun 15 2007, 11:23:48 AM
I agree that Alison Fischer as Patty is a waste of talent, but I won't complain about seeing her onstage again.
re: Michael Ball as Edna!
 Jun 15 2007, 11:21:47 AM
I enjoyed his comedic performance in The Woman In White. I think he'll be fantastic!
re: Stephanie comments on how she got through PQ opening
 Apr 7 2007, 12:13:22 AM
Don't we all wish Patrick would make his way back to the stage!
Les Miz Estended AGAIN?
 Feb 6 2007, 09:54:22 AM
Does anyone know if the rest of the cast is staying on until close?
re: It's Official: ALAN RICKMAN IS JUDGE TURPIN
 Dec 18 2006, 06:19:13 PM
This movie is starting to sound better and better.
re: SCARY Wedding Singer fan sighting!
 Dec 18 2006, 06:16:59 PM
I'm glad that my only Wedding Singer experiences have been pleasant ones. But I can only imagine the behavior is going to worsen as it gets closer and closer to the closing show.
re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
 Dec 17 2006, 01:51:20 PM
That's awful. I really enjoy Day Break. What in the hell is going on in the world where we can't just give shows a chance?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You