News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seussical93

Member Name: seussical93
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 May 6 2024, 11:20:36 AM

Finally caught this yesterday, and really enjoyed it. I had not seen the movie and only knew the basic premise/ listened to the album, but I was very emotionally connected and moved. I am shocked that the score, Joy Woods, and orchestrations especially were left out in nominations. Is it groundbreaking? No. But I think that it was very cohesive tonally and knew what it was, and the same cannot be said about many of the new shows this season. I thought that the humor was also sprinkled nicely

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 19 2024, 09:57:59 AM

Have been entering the lottery quite often for this but have noticed that there hasn’t been one on telecharge. I guess they’re only doing the lotto when they need to fill the seats? Or are they just doing weeknights or something? Anyone have any insight? thanks!

LEMPICKA Previews
 Apr 4 2024, 02:02:40 PM

It just makes me sad because they could easily adjust some of the keys of her bigger numbers so they’re not in the stratosphere and her issues might not be so apparent. Maybe they have been playing around with them? Last night though, “Woman Is” was definitely in the original key. Again, love her and she is a very talented performer, but they’re not setting her up for success with this score.

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 4 2024, 12:05:13 PM

Gotcha, guess I’ve just lucked out in the past :) I always wonder how productions decide what specific seats are “officially” partial view, like whose job is it to officially make that call/ is it decided in previews?

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 4 2024, 11:03:42 AM

Saw Lempicka last night and was orch row M house left on the wall. It was not marked partial view but boy was it. Missed quite a lot due to the large speakers blocking a lot of what whatever would happen on the SR downstage platform. I was under the impression that TDF didn’t do partial view, can anyone confirm this or did I just assume that? Thanks all.

LEMPICKA Previews
 Apr 4 2024, 12:37:18 AM

ok, saw this tonight and oof… was a trainwreck for me. It was all over the place tonally and never found its stride. At times it felt like it was trying to lean into the camp, but as a whole felt like it was going for a Les Mis/Evita/Miss Saigon epicness, which imo it did not earn. 

Amber was great with what she was working with, Beth and Natalie too, but this was such a catastrophic misfire to me. At the core I just didn’t feel for any of the characters, and Beth&rsq

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews
 Mar 30 2024, 01:21:47 PM

Has anyone rushed recently/ gotten one of the 30 under 30 rush tickets ? thanks!

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed
 Sep 28 2023, 06:15:46 PM

I’ll be there tonight and am dying with anticipation!! I’ll try and post a merch pic when I get there :)

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Sep 9 2023, 11:21:48 AM

My friend can’t come anymore, so selling one ticket for the first preview on the buy and sell board if anyone is looking :)

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 10 2023, 04:55:53 PM

AHHH !! do we have any idea of what ticket prices might be? trying to decide if it would be worth it to upgrade my membership…

Broadway actors with odd voices
 Mar 24 2023, 04:12:47 PM

re: jen damiano, I feel like at least when I was in college 6 yrs ago, EVERYONE was trying to imitate her. The way she places her vowels and kinda “chews” them to me is kinda now the “standard” of the sound that most contemporary mt girlies are trying to imitate and in turn sounds kinda “cookie cutter.” 

A voice I’m currently obsessed with that is super unique is Katie Thompson, especially in “Giant.” iconic.

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Mar 15 2023, 05:43:15 PM

was there an invited dress last night?? dying to hear anyone’s thoughts if you’re goin tonight !!

Which Cast Recording Makes You Happiest?
 Mar 8 2023, 11:01:45 AM

drowsy chaperone and legally blonde (bring me back to belting them in the car with friends during high school lol)

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Feb 21 2023, 03:50:14 PM

welp, looks like they didn’t switch ‘em and the first preview is sold out/ they won’t accommodate me for the first few shows since I got 30 under 30 tix. Just sucks since I bought them so early/ wasn’t notified. Aw well, first world problems, life goes on lol. Can’t wait to read about you lucky first previewers!

Current state of various
 Feb 20 2023, 07:52:14 PM

I’ve had a few of them and TE is my favorite of them as far as having the most options.

Feb 20 2023, 07:39:28 PM

Aw dang, so weird, they never even contacted me  

Feb 20 2023, 07:03:37 PM

ok, feeling crazy. Got tix a while ago for what I thought was the first preview (tues, march 14th) but I’m seeing everything is now saying that the 15th is the first preview? Was it pushed a day? 

SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center
 Jan 22 2023, 10:58:26 PM

anyone know of any discounts for this/ rush or something? thanks!

The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 4 2023, 12:30:46 PM

kimberly akimbo wink

Criss, Hall, Karimloo, and Pfeiffer to star in CHESS Benefit Concert
 Dec 12 2022, 11:19:55 AM

who’s excited?!?!?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You