News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LegallyBroadway2

LegallyBroadway2 Profile Photo
Member Name: LegallyBroadway2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 12:49:13 PM

And, what, ask them all to go back on unemployment…? 

The cancellations last a few days. The spread is stopped. Then work resumes. That’s how the system is designed, and it’s working. 

When is promotional or B-roll footage of shows filmed?  Jul 10 2020, 06:12:10 PM

GavestonPS... your friend certainly does not film Broadway b-roll with a handheld camera with heads in the way. Also, your friend absolutely does not film the entire show. 

Sampatches schedule is a model B-Roll day. 

During previews, the crew is in the theatre at 8am for technical notes. The cast comes in later to implement changes to the show. One or two of these days, close to Opening, is dedicated to photography and video shoots. 

The director and p

BWW Endless Hamilton articles  Jul 2 2020, 11:08:31 PM

I'm with the original poster on this. I've unfollowed BWW on facebook because of it. 

No, I don't want to guess what Hamilton character the blurry photo is of nor do I want to match the lyric to the character. I absolutely do not wish to comment what my favorite #Hamilton moment is, or who my favorite character is ("and why?" like I'm going to write them an essay). Endless interviews with the actors. Are they new interviews, or old? Who knows. Wh

Tony Awards Set Question  Jul 1 2020, 05:04:13 PM

I can answer this with first hand experience. 

Practically nothing is taken out of the theatre for the Tony Awards.

The Dress Rehearsal is Sunday morning, and ends as the crews are beginning a preset at the individual theaters for the Sunday matinee. There is absolutely no time to track props or set pieces throughout midtown. 

Costumes and wigs often do travel as the cast will dress at the theatre and bus over, but never set pieces, an

Broadway Execs Plots New Platform to Challenge BroadwayHD  Apr 16 2020, 08:11:18 PM

What is their plan? Use their time machine to go back and film Broadway shows?

Will there even be a single Broadway show on their service day 1? 

Broadway Execs Plots New Platform to Challenge BroadwayHD  Apr 16 2020, 06:54:46 PM

Oh great! Another service where I can watch Joseph and the concert version of Les Mis.

How exciting. 

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 02:42:15 PM

So there isn't ANY confusion and mis-reports, The Broadway League has presented their official press release. 

https://www.broadwayleague.com/press/press-releases/broadway-theatres-to-suspend-performances-through-april-12-2020/

"Broadway Theatres To Suspend Performances Through April 12, 2020

(New York, NY) – March 12, 2020 - Under the direction of Governor Andrew Cuomo, Broadway shows in New York City will suspend all performances immediately in support of the health and well-being of the theatregoing public, as well as those who work in the theatre industry. Performances will commence the week of April 13, 2020.

“Our top priority has been and will continue to be the health and well-being of Broadway theatregoers and the thousands of people who work in the theatre industry every day, including actors, musicians, stagehands, ushers, and many other dedicated professionals,” said Charlotte St. Martin, President of the Broadway League. “Broadway has the power to inspire, enrich and entertain, and together we are committed to making that vital spirit a reality.  Once our stages are lit again, we will welcome fans back with open arms so that they can continue to experience the joy, heart, and goodwill that our shows so passionately express every night.”

Those holding tickets for performances through April 12, 2020 should contact their point of purchase for refunds and exchanges.

The Broadway League will continue to closely monitor the evolving coronavirus situation on behalf of the Broadway community and make decisions as circumstances require, in accordance with guidelines from the CDC and state and local health officials."

Sep 13 2019, 06:30:11 PM

We are supposed to know all about some college hip hop club?

Okay.

Broadway pianist arrested for trying to seduce 14 year old boy...  Sep 10 2019, 08:38:18 PM

I know this guy. And I feel no empathy for him, nor for anyone who thinks that child abuse is excusable. Shame on those who would liken a gay relationship to child abuse and endangerment.

Broadway "Vacation" Musical  Aug 7 2019, 10:30:09 PM
Who are David Rossmer and Steve Rosen?

Their BroadwayWorld credits list them as actors.

Actors turned composers?

re: How did the Titanic sink on Broadway?  Aug 2 2019, 11:22:45 PM
Act II sinking

https://youtu.be/ecrtiArkBQg

What performance(s) do you wish there were archive/bootleg footage of that you’ve never been able to find?  Aug 2 2019, 04:26:08 PM
I would pay a lot of money for a Spider Man 1.0 video recording.
Rock Of Ages returning to Off Broadway  Mar 20 2019, 10:05:26 AM
Who wants to bet this is the Avenue Q replacement at New World Stages?!

https://www.backstage.com/casting/rock-of-ages-off-bway-284993/

Mean Girls rush lottery  Apr 7 2018, 02:21:10 PM
Bump. Anyone have any rush advice?
Lion King to play Antarctica!  Mar 31 2018, 07:35:07 PM
Sure. But Lion King London didn’t log into BWW’s admin account and post this.

April Fools is April 1. Not March 31.

Lion King to play Antarctica!  Mar 31 2018, 07:30:12 PM
Does bww know April fools day is on April 1?

Why post this today? Stupid.

Riedel on Scrambling to Find a Tony Host  Apr 14 2017, 09:26:35 PM

Josh Gad gets my vote. 

Stage Centers identity problem/ plagiarism  Jul 26 2016, 10:28:15 PM

Looking forward to hearing this company's response to the article linked here...   

http://www.onstageblog.com/columns/2016/7/25/stage-centers-identity-problem

The Dolls of New Albion  Mar 15 2016, 01:30:57 AM

I absolutely agree, and find it to be leagues better than REPO.   

Dolls of New Albion is simply mesmerizing. I'm glad its getting a production, however small.

The Dolls of New Albion  Mar 11 2016, 11:47:44 AM

oh, and here is the link

http://dollsofnewalbion.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You