News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for buttonsandsnaps

Member Name: buttonsandsnaps
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 20 2021, 09:31:52 PM

from watching this- it seems like some shows are continuing with positive cases, they are having to cancel once they arn't able to provide coverage. but other shows are pulling the ripcord with just a case or two, "out of an abundance of caution."

its a free for all. every show is testing differently, and every show is responding to positive differently.

Dec 20 2021, 09:02:39 PM

watching the "stars in the house" livestream, and Ciara Renee just said there have been several positive results at Waitress- enough that shes called out because she doesnt feel safe.

Dec 17 2021, 01:48:06 PM

If I had my way, I'd take some of these empty hotels, rent them and quarantine everybody for the next two weeks."

I can speak as someone who was in one of the “bubbles” during shutdown- this won’t happen. It’s Christmas. Try and tell the entire cast, crew, FOH, and support that they can’t spend their already limited holiday time with their families. There would be a riot. 

plus, it’s nuts expensiv

Dec 16 2021, 07:40:58 PM

reached out to my contacts, and unless theyre all having mass hallucinations, CFA is running right now.

Dec 16 2021, 06:40:53 PM

twitter

seems like JLP messages started going out at 6:13.

The Official Kennedy Center FOLLIES Thread
 Apr 15 2021, 09:56:34 PM

oh wow. mad flashbacks. i dressed this show back as a little baby dresser. it was a really great experience. BP is a doll. 

come from away to be in Vanity Fair Jan issue
 Jan 6 2017, 09:42:03 PM

https://twitter.com/wecomefromaway/status/817425622247030785

July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?
 Jun 25 2016, 01:05:01 AM

totally speculating, but LMM did say that they were going to film the show with the original cast (including Jonathan Groff) for use at a future time. Groff is making room in his shooting schedule to come back, maybe this was the only time that worked? 

like i said, this is a total guess. 

Faulty gun fired during show seriously injurs David Birrell's eye at London's PASSION
 Oct 4 2010, 02:50:12 PM
I totally agree. It always makes me jumpy when I know they are using "real fake guns" in a performance. But, on the flip side, there is something about having a weapon that has a kickback, and produces it's own noise that can't be recreated with a sound effect. I worked on a show where using "real" guns wasn't an option. It was always difficult for both the actor and the stage manager to sic up the action of firing the gun with the go for the sound effect.

Very tragic accident, and hop

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You