News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for daisybeetle

daisybeetle Profile Photo
Member Name: daisybeetle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wish Broadway was open on 12/25  Dec 5 2022, 03:00:42 AM

Yeah kinda wish I didn't bring it up, but a night out at the movies with extended family on Christmas will not be a tradition anymore. I think movie premieres on Christmas in an actual theater will not be a thing. 

I just like the thought of everybody sitting together watching a live show on Broadway would be great new tradition.

Wish Broadway was open on 12/25  Dec 3 2022, 12:00:12 AM

It's  just a suggestion.

Wish Broadway was open on 12/25  Dec 2 2022, 11:04:54 PM

Yes, I know performers would like to be with family on Christmas Day like most people.  My family traditionally goes to a movie after dinner on Christmas. There are NO good movies or theaters like pre-covid . Last year was WSS, but the theater was so dead. Nothing like Little Women in 2019. It was packed.

So, there is nothing we want to see, but I would kill to go to a Broadway show. Maybe it would be cheaper because peeps want to stay home?

Please make this a tradition! Th

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 15 2022, 10:55:37 PM

Dinah Manoff as Mrs. Brice.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  May 1 2022, 12:32:00 AM

https://t2conline.com/could-a-star-be-being-born-on-broadway/

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 25 2022, 05:35:33 PM

I'm sad that the revival is sub-par because I love Funny Girl ( or maybe I just love Barbra, duh). I went on YT to check out BF's singing voice and all I could think of is Annie voice. She could be an orphan in "Annie". 

The reviews seem to love Jane Lynch and I am wondering if she (DBO. don't be offended) put on a Jewish Brooklyn accent. Because you know, she looks Nordic almost and nothing like Beanie.

DBO

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 11 2021, 11:36:03 PM

https://www.gawker.com/culture/dear-evan-hansen-is-a-true-crime-story

Oy, this gawker review is brutal.

Shows that work better as a recording  Aug 26 2021, 08:48:50 PM

Jesus Christ Superstar. 

Every Easter my family listens to the original recording. I add in the movie addition of "Could we start again Please". 

I have seen renditions in Chicago (not Broadway but...) and of course the film and I just rather listen to original which was awesome.

With a Song in Her Heart, Melania (Laura Benanti) Returns to NYC  Jan 19 2021, 06:15:52 PM

"But I luvvvvewww him!"  Ha ha

Reinking should get a Theater or Dance studio named after her. Or both.  Dec 16 2020, 09:48:58 PM

ggersten---Thanks!

Camelot (Kamala)  Nov 12 2020, 05:27:17 PM

Omg, sorry I wasn't aware of that..Thanks!

Camelot (Kamala)  Nov 12 2020, 04:47:10 PM

Can't stop singing this in my head. Has anyone done a parody/tribute song using this melody?

Love the BWW design update!  May 18 2020, 04:44:23 PM

macbeth said: "It's a lot cleaner here and easier to read - finally! 

Because there's nothing to write about?  hee.hee..

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 24 2020, 02:53:34 PM

Marlothom said: "Harold Hill during the number Trouble."

I was thinking the anvil salesman.

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 7 2020, 04:59:35 PM

SXSW music festival . 

My mind is now racing to the closures of movie theaters....naw

Light in the Piazza tour - Broadway transfer?  Dec 20 2019, 05:38:04 PM

I went to the Sunday matinee and thought it was wonderful-- I choked up at the end. Renee Fleming really didn't "belt out" any notes until her last solo which I found mesmerizing. The scenery stayed the same throughout the show, they just turned the statue around in the second act. I found all the supporting players really great especially Solea. This show does not have any choreography to speak of , so I can't say anything about that.

We had second balcony tickets which were upgraded to the main floor when we got to the theater. That was nice. One of the scenes was strictly spoken/sung in Italian , and we were wondering if that was the case in the Broadway production.? Anyway we were in an opera house, so when in Rome!

what is the most overrated musical of all time  Oct 9 2017, 11:25:27 PM

Cats

HELLO DOLLY walking tours  Jun 18 2017, 11:23:07 PM

This is a colorized photo from 1900 of a Madison Square Garden cab stand. I have it as one of my wallpapers, and every time it comes on the screen I think "Irene Molloy and Minnie Fay"!

Glenne Headley has passed away.  Jun 10 2017, 02:47:26 PM

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "She deserved an Oscar nomination, if not the Oscar for Alan Rudolph's "Mortal Thoughts".  What an amazing actress!

"

Omg! I have always thought that too! She was so good, (and star Demi Moore so bad) in that movie, with a very subtly nuanced performance that made her character ,who started out as just a normal person, end up a scary monster.  I wish she had been nominated for something for that r

Mom & Autistic child kicked out of Chicago Aladdin  May 12 2017, 03:56:06 AM

slumdogdelaware said: "My question would be - were the cast members the ones that actually complained? Because if so, that means the kid was a legitimate disruption (or enough of a distraction for cast to complain), and whether he had autism or not wouldn't actually matter. Needs more context. 

"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Theater-Boots-7-Year-Old-With-Autism-For-421953423.html

This says it was the cast.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You