News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cruisemama4

cruisemama4 Profile Photo
Member Name: cruisemama4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 8 2020, 03:23:34 PM

VernonGersch said: "ATG is the absolute worst. They won't refund any tickets for people who can't fly into town. I just lost 1K because the WORST BOX OFFICE on Broadway won't refund my money.

I know PLAZA SUITE has a healthy advance but <>. JBH - I hope you read this and know that ATG is the absolute worst. I will never buy another ticket at Hudson Theater ever again. I am out 1K because of <> in the box office who lacks empathy an

Italian Restaurant next to the Brooks Atkinson  Dec 23 2014, 11:41:36 AM
Tre Colori has great food but just be careful... some of the waiters really try to up your bill. Having said that, I still love that place!
-  Dec 4 2014, 07:40:43 PM
I can't wait for this to air tonight. If only so that stupid hook would stop slashing across my screen! lol
Tony Awards Pre-Nominations Poll  Apr 28 2014, 09:01:13 AM
This is great! I won't vote because I haven't seen all the shows. I did see many and Beautiful twice and loved it. I would be thrilled to see Beautiful and Jesse Mueller win. Thanks for doing this poll!
Best Show to See Multiple Times?  Oct 24 2013, 12:12:28 PM
Since theatre is live, even if you are seeing a show again, it's never really the same show twice. I have seen several shows multiple times and it is always fun to hear or see actors do, say or sing something a little differently, or to see an understudy's or replacement's take on a role. If you have the time and interest and if you can afford it, I say you should see whatever you like. You will probably notice things you didn't the first time. A recent example for me was Pippin. The first time
Am I The Only One That Disliked  Apr 21 2013, 11:20:04 AM
It may be unrealistic for a neglected, or even abused, 5 year old to have the ability to change her situation or "put it right." My take however was that this was a satirical work of fiction that was brought to the stage. I thought Dahl and musicals' creatives hoped to motivate children (of all ages) to read more and perhaps watch less "telly." I thought it was probably from all her reading that Matilda realized her parents were "stupid" and "rude" in the first place, gave her self confidence a
Is Patina Miller the frontrunner for Lead actress right now?  Apr 20 2013, 01:04:33 PM
Thanks dramamama. That is interesting. Most of the reviewers seem to mention having seen Milly and I read Sophia did opening night. I think, if it is truly an award for the actress in a leading role, the voters should see them all. Otherwise as has been pointed out, in reality it becomes an award for the role - which I would think should go the the book writer. But like I said... I'm new to this.
Is Patina Miller the frontrunner for Lead actress right now?  Apr 20 2013, 12:37:51 PM
Hello. I am relatively new to this, read the boards but rarely post so please don't attack. I am very curious about the 4 Matilda situation. The one Matilda I saw was outstanding but my question is: taking Evita as an adult example, where Elena Roger had an alternate who did (I think) 2 shows a week and I believe the same is true with Annie as a child example... If Elena or Lilla were nominated, their alternates who do 2 shows per week would not also be nominated, theoretically because the alte
Tony nominations predictions  Apr 8 2013, 09:28:26 PM
Caroline o Connor in adf? What is adf?

ACS = A Christmas Story.
She played Ralphie's teacher. Fabulous!

Tony nominations predictions  Apr 4 2013, 12:09:34 PM
What about Caroline O'Connor in ACS?
Anything Goes run?  Sep 19 2011, 12:09:29 AM
I agree! We saw Anything Goes the week Sutton Foster was out... I never saw Sutton but Tari Kelly was amazing! I would definitely go see Tari in the role again! It was a great show. I hope it has a long run and if Sutton leaves, Tari get the lead.
Priscilla Benji Question  Aug 23 2011, 10:53:38 AM
Until 9/4 (dark on Thursday)
Ashton has Tuesday, Friday nights and both Wednesday shows.
Luke has Sunday & Monday nights & both Saturday shows.

9/5 & after (dark on Wednesday)
Ashton will have Tuesday, Friday and both Sunday shows.
Luke will have Monday, Thursday nights and both Saturday shows.

5 shows, 4 days: Mini-reviews  Jul 25 2011, 01:28:51 PM
Glad you had a good trip and thanks for the reviews. Just a note on the sharpies at Priscilla Queen of the Desert... I have been at the stage door of the Palace and the door person hands the actors Sharpies as they come out.
Is BORN YESTERDAY worth seeing....  May 19 2011, 12:10:42 AM
Born Yesterday is definitely worth seeing. In fact it is a do NOT miss. Jim Belushi & Robert Sean Leonard (aka Dr. Wilson on "House") are terrific in their roles but Nina Arianda OWNS the stage and steals the show!
Born Yesterday is Fantastic  May 18 2011, 09:57:41 AM
Saw it in April and absolutely LOVED it! I hope to go back and take friends soon. I expected Jim Belushi & Robert Sean Leonard to be great and I was not disappointed but Nina was beyond amazing. I agree, she owned that gorgeous stage and stole the show!
I hope Nina wins the Tony and they get a sales bump. The show needs it and deserves it. GO SEE IT PEOPLE!!!!

Why is Priscilla not doing better business?  May 10 2011, 12:54:09 AM
Question: If they sell the tickets at TKTS at a 50% discount, wouldn't it be better to allow the discount codes on Saturday & Sunday matinee shows and sell the tickets in advance at a lesser discount. Would that not generate more demand as well?

Comment: Looking at the grosses, it looks like when the average ticket price increased, (broke $90) the % of seats sold decreased. Looks like their price point is the $80 range.

Why is Priscilla not doing better business?  May 9 2011, 04:20:59 PM
I wish the discount code applied to Saturday shows and Sunday Matinees and I wonder if it would help...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You