News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chess12

chess12 Profile Photo
Member Name: chess12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How old were you when you lost your Broadway virginity?
 Aug 29 2006, 12:07:36 PM
God, y'all make me feel old.
15 - Fall/Winter 1981
Original runs (but replacement casts) of ANNIE and EVITA. Don't remember which was first.

re: Long Discussed Musicals That Never Made It
 Jul 20 2006, 11:46:58 AM
Time and Again
re: J. Mark McVey Concert! - review
 Jul 20 2006, 11:45:34 AM
Did he sing anything from CHESS? I saw him play Anatoly many years ago off-off-Broadway. Met him afterwards. He seemed to be a very nice man then, too. He was very pleased that 3 rednecks from Mississippi would trek up to NYC just for that show.
re: Enchanted April
 Jul 10 2006, 12:49:53 PM
Missed the play, but I adore the movie. The Italian scenes in the movie are set in and around Portofino in Liguria; not in Tuscany. Just a quibble. Would love for this movie to be on DVD! Off topic, a little, but just felt like throwing in my two cents about something that is really special to me.
re: Riedel - the prettiest man on Broadway
 May 5 2006, 11:41:59 AM
I thought it said "prettiest" too and so I got to thinking about who is the prettiest man on Broadway. Can we hijack this thread? I vote for Bradley Cooper (see above at Foster).
re: Ah, favorite little moments on an OBC...
 Mar 24 2006, 11:35:04 AM
ASPECTS OF LOVE
Rose and Alex singing over each other:
Rose: This one is gorgeous
Alex: It was her favorite dress
Rose: I can just see her
Alex: Rose, leave things as they are
Rose: I feel I know her

PASSIONS
"How long were we apart?"
"A month, a week, a day."
"To feel your touch again"
"We've never been away."
The reprise sung by some other man and woman.

PASSIONS
"To feel a woman's touch, to touch a woman's hand
r

re: What's the Broadway show you've seen most?
 Dec 21 2005, 12:17:10 PM
CHESS - 7 times (3 in London, 2 off-Broadway, 1 in Atlanta, 1 in Memphis)

LES MISERABLES - 6 times (1 in London, 2 Broadway, 1 in New Orleans, 2 in Jackson, MS)

And I would go see them both again right away if they were up and running anywhere nearby.

Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition Offer - playbill.com
 Dec 21 2005, 12:08:47 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=97013

Anyone think $100.00 is worth spending for this? I was sorely disappointed that the Broadway cast was not recorded, and I've been waiting for SOMEONE to record it. But $100.00? I'm not so sure.

re: Who would you like to sound like?
 Dec 20 2005, 12:49:15 PM
Norm Lewis
re: la boheme CAST RECORDING CAST RECORDING CAST RECORDING
 Dec 13 2005, 12:20:46 PM
English National Opera translates ALL of their productions into English. Many regional opera companies will perform certain works in English, too. Mozart's THE MAGIC FLUTE is often performed in the language of the country it's being performed.
re: name a show no one knows
 Nov 2 2005, 12:30:02 PM
CLEAVAGE
re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
 Oct 25 2005, 11:52:19 AM
the exit music
re: aspects of love question
 Oct 25 2005, 11:45:40 AM
Miss Pennywise,
Your experience at Forbidden Broadway sounds EXACTLY LIKE my own experience at Forbidden Broadway, but it was the GRAND HOTEL spoof GRIM HOTEL that had me screaming so loud and crying with laughter. Our tablemates told me they were enjoying my reactions as much as the show.

And ASPECTS OF LOVE is my favorite ALW show. Saw the Broadway production. It was beautifully done. But it's interesting to hear comments about the difference between the West End and Broadway

re: What sparked your interest in musicals or movie musicals etc.?
 Oct 20 2005, 01:21:45 PM
My mother, sisters and I would watch "The Sound of Music" every single time it came on television. That's the absolute beginning of my interest. Then my mother took me to auditions for a local production of BEN FRANKLIN IN PARIS (which I didn't get, btw) and I realized there was a world on stage as well as film.
re: Joe Brooks' impending musical adaptation of Metropolis
 Oct 19 2005, 11:54:27 AM
I saw METROPOLIS in London, too. Have to admit that I fell asleep during the second act (I had just flown in that morning...damn jet lag). I was kind of underwhelmed by the show, but I did get to meet Judy Kuhn afterwards at the deli next door to the theatre. I've got the cast recording on two cassettes. I think I'll try Amazon to see if I can find it on CD. Flop or not, I call it a must-have for no reason other than that Judy Kuhn is the star!
re: Who has bought a cast recording of a show that closed and made you regr
 Oct 19 2005, 11:47:31 AM
SIDE SHOW
re: BC/EFA Chess concert
 Oct 11 2005, 11:44:43 AM
There was a BC/EFA concert of CHESS in the late '90's at the Douglas Fairbanks Theater. Rob Evan, Brian d'Arcy James, Christiane Noll and Alice Ripley were the leads. Fantastic concert and great cast party afterwards.
re: Audra McDonald in Light in the Piazza
 Aug 25 2005, 04:09:44 PM
Thanks Barihunk. I can't wait to go home and give a listen. Heck, I'll probably listen to the whole thing.
re: Audra McDonald in Light in the Piazza
 Aug 25 2005, 12:58:57 PM
Isn't that the point that Clara is older (I know, 28 or so)? And Audra McDonald is an actress. She plays womanly now. Who is to say she can't "act" younger? She's got 4 Tonys. The woman can do just about anything she wants. Besides, I just would really love to HEAR her take on Clara songs. And, yes, Margaret's songs, too. She can sing Fabrizio's songs if she wants to.
Audra McDonald in Light in the Piazza
 Aug 24 2005, 11:34:30 AM
Anybody else think that she'd be a glorious Clara? I was listening this morning on the way to work to Kelli O'Hara and it hit me: My God, what if Audra was singing this. I love my OBC and I'm certain Kelli O'Hara must be wonderful, but I, for one, would like to hear Audra's take on "The Beauty Is". I think, then, I could die.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You