News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayBallerina2

BwayBallerina2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayBallerina2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Light In The Piazza Closing Mania?
 Jun 21 2006, 08:54:39 PM
So, here's the deal...I'll be in NYC this weekend. My aunt and I are braving the TKTS booth during tourist season on Sunday afternoon, so that I can have a chance of seeing The Light In The Piazza before it closes. My question is, is there the 'closing mania' that sometimes happens when shows close? By that, I mean, does everyone go, "oh ****, I'd better see this before it closes!" and rush out to get tickets? I really hope not, because I really want to see this!
re: Unsung Jonathan Larson benefit setlist?
 Apr 28 2006, 10:57:36 PM
Wow, what I would have given to be there...
re: If You Could Dine With Any Broadway Star, Who Would You Pick?
 Mar 26 2006, 09:20:50 PM
Anthony Rapp, definitely. He seems like he'd be great to talk to. And I have a lot that i'd like to tell him (and I mean that in the least stalker-ish way possible...)
re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
 Mar 7 2006, 06:51:19 PM
Wheee, I live a few blocks away from the BU campus!
re: Worst Show Poster
 Feb 26 2006, 11:52:18 AM
The new RENT one looks like a 5 year old on acid drew it.
re: saddest broadway moments
 Feb 15 2006, 09:32:04 PM
Well, I don't cry easily, but...
-From 'Without You' until the end of the show, RENT is such a tearjerker for me.
-'Till We Reach that Day' and 'Make Them Hear You,' from Ragtime...I've never seen it on Broadway, but my amazing high school did it over the weekend and I was in tears.
-The end of West Side Story. 'Nuff said.

re: Seeing Actors Before You Know Who They Are
 Feb 8 2006, 06:07:08 PM
Bernadette Peters in Gypsy- it was before my theatre-fanaticness started, so I knew she was big, but i had no idea HOW big.

Michael Cerveris in Asassins

re: Jonathan Larson
 Jan 25 2006, 08:56:59 PM
I've had a tough past few months, and Jonathans music has gotten me through so much. I saw Rent (4th time!) on Saturday, and it's such a huge part of my life. These lyrics from TTB just break my heart...

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano, and write a song that people will listen to, and remember, and do the same thing, every morning, for the rest of my lfe.

We did listen, and we will remember. Thank you, Jonathan Larson. No Day But Today..

re: Ambulances at POTO?
 Jan 9 2006, 11:07:06 PM
When I saw this title, I immediately had an image in my head of crazy phans trampling each other and whacking each other with Playbills...
re: I Still Miss Cabaret...
 Jan 4 2006, 04:31:17 PM
I really wish I had gotten the chance to see it. Seems amazing.
re: Broadway Christmas (or Hannukah) Gifts
 Dec 26 2005, 11:20:14 AM
I saw The Producers movie, and I got iPod speakers. They're not specifically theatre-ish, but they are used to play my many showtunes!
re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
 Dec 24 2005, 09:41:55 PM
There's an amazing burger place near my ballet studio/ theatre. We always go there. We'd always go out for lunch during summer intensive ballet, too. Picture about 50 teenage ballet dancers, all wearing pink tights with shorts and skirts, and taped-up toes in flip-flops, taking over Harvard Square.
re: Showstoppers - Witnessed Accounts of Show-Stopping Moments
 Dec 24 2005, 09:37:30 PM
Bernadette's 'Rose's Turn.' I'm a young fan, so that's the only true one I've seen. What I'd give to see Jennifer Holiday in 'Dreamgirls'...
re: Who's your favorite character from RENT?
 Dec 22 2005, 03:54:55 PM
Favorite: Angel. She's just amazing.

Relate the most to: Probably Mark.

re: Favorite RENT Quotes
 Dec 7 2005, 05:34:20 PM
Obviously, No Day But Today.

That boy could use some Prozac!

re: Scary Spice as Mimi?
 Dec 3 2005, 12:26:06 PM
Eeesh, she was really bad. I agree with the British accent thing, that didn't work at all.
re: Please Post Something About Anything But Wicked And Rent
 Nov 26 2005, 11:47:41 AM
I'm really sad that Movin' Out is closing, but I'm seeing the tour this spring.
re: Which Broadway show has changed you forever and why?
 Nov 5 2005, 10:32:21 PM
The Lion King- Not the show itself, but the fact that it was my first Broadway show ever.
Rent-Changed my perspective on life. 'Nuff said.

re: Bernadette Peters in Concert
 Oct 23 2005, 09:46:45 PM
I didn't see her, but I'm just in awe of that woman. She is the epitome of the saying, "The Show Must Go On."
re: I want to meet Idina Menzel!!!!!!!!
 Oct 19 2005, 02:58:13 PM
NOOO!!! ME WANT TAYE!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You