pixeltracker

So...after rehearsal we could.....

So...after rehearsal we could.....

Kristen_0509 Profile Photo
Kristen_0509
#0So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:15am

What's the weirdest/your favorite thing to do after a rehearsal? Nothing dirty!!

My favorite thing to do was after Footloose rehearsal my friend Cassie and I would go to get food and go late night tanning at like 11 because we were sweet like that!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us..

Isabella2
#1re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:16am

my fat friends and i would go to a diner and get curly fries.....
i'm so ashamed.

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#2re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:17am

I got a craving for lasangna(sp)......lol.....it was like midnight......oh the mysteries of Beauty and the Beast

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#3re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:18am

We go to Old Chicago. And/or get drunk. One of the two :)

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

#4re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:19am

hahah oh late night tanning how I miss thee hahah. So much fun, I miss footloose lol, remember that one night when it was like 12:00 and we went to wendy's and there were like 3 other kids from school there? hahah. Anyways, I also love to go to steak n shake after an opening night performance :). aanndd I always get a chocolate mint milkshake.

Kristen_0509
#5re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:20am

Those were goooood times!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us..

gavrochegirl
#6re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:20am

I'm going to go with performances for now, since after rehearsals, everyone is pooped, at least with the casts I've hung around.

Sometimes, some of the cast go out to El Torito or another restaurant for drinks and kareoke. If my mom is there with me, they'd get a seperate table and still get drinks. LOL...but it's still fun to talk and stuff.

Post edited for clarification.

What the puck?!
Updated On: 12/24/05 at 01:20 AM

#7re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:23am

hahahha Lasagna sounds good right now! anyways, after rehearsal for the last show I was in for some reason I always wanted a diet coke, I mean Im usually addicted but for some reason shakespeare just really brought out my diet coke side haha

theatrebabe
#8re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:28am

Yeah, I'm going with performances too. Usually, someone picks a restaraunt and the whole cast tries to go there. We all eat to much, drink, and have lots of fun. :)

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

boytobroadway
#9re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:29am

Normally, my favorite thing to do is go home and rest!

BUT, one time, this was after the first show I did with my 7th grade (I was the lead, I was so proud of myself for singing out the 8th graders). I was drained from it being my first challenging (and it was, our teacher is a total music snob and has to be the best so it was big extravagant and HARD!) musical. BUT, my aunt and uncle and there kids were hungry, so they wanted to go to dinner and celebrate. I still had my costume and make-up on and we went to Hall's.

They ate this big dinner,a nd what did I get? A MILKSHAKE!! THAT'S IT!!! JSUT THAT!!!

I was so pissed. I was tired, angry, wanted home, and I felt like puking, literaly (really old school means mold and hotness, really hot lights and heavy costume means sickness for me; it wasn't like normal spot light heat, it was like FIRE!). We were there for a freakin' hour to, because my aunt thought something was wrong with the food.

GRRRRRAAAAHHHHRRRRGGGG!!!!! OK, just had to get that out, I have been holding it forever.

jam_man
#10re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:29am

A few summers ago when I was in The Music Man, I'd get a Dairy Queen Oreo blizzard after every rehearsal, and take a bath when I got home. It's not exactly crazy-crazy, but it's what I did.

"Who is Stephen Sondheim?" -roninjoey
"The man who wishes he had written Phantom of the Opera!" - SueleenGay

GO CARDINALS!!!

boytobroadway
#11re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 1:30am

OH, it says rehersal, not show. OH WELL, I still feel better after that.

matiboi Profile Photo
matiboi
#12re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:06am

After "Fantasticks" rehearsal every night (and now "Beauty and the Beast") Luisa (now Belle) and I would go to Burger King . . . so much that they know us by name now. Disturbing.
Updated On: 12/24/05 at 11:06 AM

DramaDork925
#13re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:09am

Hmm just genereally go out with some awesome people in the casts. Usually we go out to eat or soemthing.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#14re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:15am

When I was Hook in Peter Pan, after every rehearsal I would eat a tuna sandwich and read the paper. However, I normally HATE tuna and NEVER EVER read the paper----so weird, but i had to do it after EVERY SINGLE REHEARSAL.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

elphatine
#15re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:15am

After my summer show this year (we only did one show... I was pissed, I think we should have done more), which was Anything Goes (I was Reno re: So...after rehearsal we could.....), the entire cast went to a diner nearby and took up the whole back room. I don't know why, but I was the last one to get there, and when I walked in, the entire room burst into applause... it was so cool, haha. re: So...after rehearsal we could.....

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:19am

Well, two "crazy" ones that came to mind are...

1) Skinny-dipping in a private lake (without the owner's permission) with about 30 other cast members.

2) Going to a gay bar in town to dance with an entire cast of about 30 mostly straight actors and actresses (including a few celebrities).

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/24/05 at 11:19 AM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#17re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:23am

That would have been awesome fun!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#18re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:25am

Interesting best12bars...

For me,
Two Words: Burger King

Yea, pathetic, I know.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Kristen_0509
#19re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:26am

One time after a rehearsal for Footloose a few leads in the cast went to Panera where they call your name when you order your food and such. We each ordered but gave them our characters names! It was hilarious to hear Ren, Ariel, Reverand, Willard, or mine, Rusty. When my name was called I had a hard time keeping a straight face because the people there were looking at me like "huh...you're name is rusty..."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#20re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:26am

The more theatre you do, the more "after rehearsal" stories you'll have.

re: So...after rehearsal we could.....

DramaDork925
#21re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:31am

The coolest story I have is that after one rehearsal for Bat Boy: The Musical the director organized a night where the whole cast had to go out to the nearby Applebee and we had to stay completely in character throughout the whole thing. Imagine the waitress's (who knew a few people anyway) suprise as she talked to a bunch of faux-southerners and a half-bat. It was fantastic.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#22re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:33am

Well at least you weren't doing "Sweeney Todd." That could have been repulsive.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#23re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:56am

After every opening night performance of every show in the season at my school, everyone in the department (were they in the show or not) goes to an Irish pub downtown and completely floods the place. It's great.

iluvtheatertrash
#24re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
Posted: 12/24/05 at 11:58am

We usually went to the diner in high school. Now, living the college life, we head out to a bar.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman