News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for joshdog2014

Member Name: joshdog2014
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024
 May 17 2024, 03:43:43 PM

“Your Performance of Gatsby Will Be an Invited Dress Rehearsal

We need a bit more time to achieve all of the technical complexities of this large-scale production. Your preview performance of Gatsby on Thursday, May 23 at 7:30PM at the Loeb Drama Center will now be an invited dress rehearsal featuring a welcome from Tony Award-winning director Rachel Chavkin. This will be the first time the production is performed fr

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 14 2024, 04:12:36 PM

Jak Malone winning makes me so happy, such a ridiculously good performance. I was worried that the momentum may not be sustainable since Mincemeat opened right at the beginning of the season!

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
 May 25 2023, 04:07:15 PM

TodayTix has some $68 (including fees) tickets available for this weekend

Will Almedia Streetcar Transfer to Broadway?
 May 4 2023, 02:07:24 PM

Play Esq. said: "Everything I’ve read about this production isPaul Mescal. If it comes over, it needs to be with him. You throw in a different and, perhaps, better known star then you have a different production. "

The advertising and hype of this production have definitely been focused a lot around Paul Mescal, but as someone who saw it at the Almeida (not knowing who Paul Mescal was ahead of time) I think it would be hard to argue that he’s essential to

New West End GUYS AND DOLLS
 Mar 15 2023, 07:55:28 PM

I saw this tonight from the standing area and really enjoyed it! Standing for the entire time definitely takes a toll but I think it was worth it for the unique experience of the whole thing. I can’t say if it’s like this every night, but tonight there was plenty of space and nobody was pushy about getting to certain spots.

As mentioned in other posts, as the pieces of the stage rise and lower there were staff moving us out of the way in preparation or letting us know w

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread
 Dec 21 2022, 10:46:56 PM

Tonight Casey Likes did Act I and then Andrew Poston went on for William in Act II. I hope Casey Likes is ok, he was incredible while he was in!

Elton John & Jake Shears’ TAMMY FAYE to hit the West End this fall
 Oct 10 2022, 09:00:15 AM

First preview has been canceled "due to unforeseen delays."

Kinky Boots (Off Broadway) TDF
 Sep 1 2022, 01:04:55 AM

I got O-107 and 108 Sunday evening 

SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK LINE
 Aug 30 2022, 07:00:49 PM

As You Like It is recording a cast recording next week according to Shaina Taub’s Instagram story

Little Shop on Sunday
 Aug 28 2022, 11:34:11 AM

Just based on the two times I’ve gone it was way longer the more recent time when he was clearly trying to make Josh Daniel break. It’s possible that he’s just gotten longer over time, I just assumed that it varies show to show.

Little Shop on Sunday
 Aug 27 2022, 10:28:12 PM

I’ll be there! I bought my ticket as soon as Andrew Call’s starting date was announced (before this was officially confirmed as Christian Borle’s last show) and am very excited! This’ll be my 3rd time, once in November with Jeremy Jordan and once a month ago which was Rob McClure’s first show out with COVID and I caught Josh Daniel. Christian Borle did his extended death scene trying (successfully) to get him to break so I agree it’ll be interesting to see

Legally Blonde Revival
 Aug 2 2022, 12:32:57 PM

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "These type of shows have popular cast recordings and are super popular on social media/tik tok but they don’t make any money commercially because their teenager/young adult audience can’t really afford Broadway. Be More Chill found this out the hard way. A few other shows have, too. Do some fun immersive legally blonde off- broadway next summer for two months and call it a fun day! I just don’t think it’ll ever make money o

Will Between The Lines transfer to Broadway?
 Jul 26 2022, 05:32:05 PM

They’ve already announced licensing so I doubt it. They would’ve needed the off-broadway run to be a big hit

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
 Jul 20 2022, 11:17:55 PM

I was at the matinee today and super disappointed to miss Rob but Josh Daniel was perfect as Seymour! He embodied everything so well, no complaints other than him not being Rob McClure.

Also, Christian Borle went FOREVER during the “dying” part of It’s Just the Gas today seemingly to try to make Josh Daniel break, which I know he always does it long but it felt like twice as long as the other time I saw it. Josh was fighting so hard to hold in his laughter for a w

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 19 2022, 09:07:34 PM

The seating chart on SeatGeek shows Standing Room in the back right of the orchestra with a note “Only available at the box office.” Have I missed that they’re selling SRO or is this just a standard thing that appears and doesn’t necessarily mean it exists? If they are selling it, how much is it and does anyone have any experiences with how hard it is to get?

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 13 2022, 05:18:07 PM

https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/samuel-l-jacksons-broadway-play-the-piano-lesson-gets-shafted/?fbclid=IwAR1VaIBVAJpNM5T_ADe9YhoL5z4XIkAfpyG-STm6vsN7ROGsiJIpzYk2j5M

Well… if this is true (how reliable is the post?) then it sounds like an extension actually IS happening??? How quickly things change

INTO THE WOODS Previews
 Jul 11 2022, 07:01:28 PM

In the beyond unlikely scenario that it’s able to extend but Patina Miller isn’t available, I just want to mention that at Broadwaycon this weekend when Hillary Clinton asked about what they each wanted to do LaChanze (maybe half jokingly) threw out a desire to play the Witch after talking about her endeavors as a producer. 

PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
 Jul 11 2022, 01:26:36 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Seriously, I think it's so funny that, for months, all of BWW has been eagerly waiting to find out how long this show would last... and the news finally breaks on the one day where literally everybody's eyes are laser-focused on a different show."

Any chance this is intentional? Sort of like announcing something at the end of a week to bury news.

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
 Jul 5 2022, 07:42:34 PM

I’m glad they’re being more up front about what it is this time. Part of what made The Little Mermaid so disappointing was that the descriptions ahead of time were much more unclear so I think a lot of us were expecting something closer to an actual live tv musical

INTO THE WOODS Previews
 Jul 2 2022, 06:40:37 PM

UWS10023 said: "Perhaps Gavin reworked his schedule and will not be gone as much. I think he had a cruise ship obligation but I could be wrong."

Gavin Creel is performing his show “Walk on Through: Confessions of a Museum Novice” 7/30-8/5. Anyway, “but might make those days where he is missing prettttty coooooool” definitely does not imply he will be missing less days

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You