News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for R. GreenFinch

R. GreenFinch Profile Photo
Member Name: R. GreenFinch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Nov 6 2023, 10:04:08 AM

DramaTeach said: "3) I love tap, but I don’t get Savion Glover’s tap. It’s just constant stomping. I get that they were supposed to be his inner drive, but eh. Not a fan."

Interesting that's how it came across for you! Rhythm tap is highly articulated and technical, more about sounds instead of showier tricks. Definitely more than stomping going on there, but I could see that's how it would look depending where you were sitting.

Broadwaycon 2023
 Jul 19 2023, 03:29:08 PM

Truly not the brightest idea for them to move it to the summer. First of all, most of the people who came in past years are working on their summer community theater or camp shows. Second, half of the appeal was the season preview. There's not much over the summer, and what there is has already been in performances for a bit. 

Back To The Future previews
 Jul 3 2023, 07:57:43 AM

"Is this now a thing, opening the house at 7:45? They do that regularly in community theater and now regional houses and I find it completely obnoxious."

Yes, because they usually have things to run or fix before then. These are real people working to keep things safe. 

I'm surprised you're dragging community and regional theaters in particular, who are usually underfunded and dealing with the resources they have. Every second counts, including th

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread
 May 15 2023, 01:25:18 PM

GoldenGiggery said: "jkcohen626 said: “Ok, not related to this thread, but whatever. Amber Gray was very done with Hadestown and Macbeth was just the job she was able to get that got her out of her Hadestown contract.”

It actually is related to this thread as it pertains to part of my frustration/disappointment for wanting to leave. Weird thing for you to pick apart and incorrectly assume on my behalf, but whatever.

She may have been d

R&H Oklahoma Revival Tour
 Apr 7 2023, 09:47:37 AM

jo said: "Peppa222 said: "It's even more toothless than that. Judd (bad guy) shows up to the wedding, he and Curly get into a fight, Judd falls on his own knife, and then a rousing version of the title song. I remember seeing Oklahoma for the first time, a traditional production, and being absolutely dumbfounded THAT was the ending."

Is this true - the accidental falling on Jud's own knife segues immediately to the title song being sung? Have the

R&H Oklahoma Revival Tour
 Apr 5 2023, 04:29:17 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "I loved the show, and I think there's some value in a show being this challenging and divisive. Of course it's fun when we all love a show and we all have a good time, but this is a musical that began it's life as an experimental, challenging piece of art that had never before been attempted on a stage. How many detractors did it have in 1943? I would bet the same percentage of detractors in 2022."

^^This. I

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 5 2023, 09:36:33 AM

Does anyone else find the photo on the TDF website a little creepy? The close-up photo of the person crying shows up several seconds before anything else. 

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting
 Feb 27 2023, 12:06:41 AM

I personally consider this to be one of the most perfect books. I wish they'd stop messing with it. 

Not going to be able to travel to see this one, but I don't really like the design. The "elements" angle they mention in the captions on social media doesn't really match the rest of the show. I wish they'd kept the Anna Louizos from the DC production a few years back.

SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center
 Feb 6 2023, 02:04:13 PM

Caught this over the weekend, and I'm sorry to say it didn't work for me. The performances were outstanding, but the direction was really a miss.

Making Norma's breakdown more relaxed and realistic would work if they were in a different story, but they weren't. Joe's relationship with Norma seemed more consensual than I've ever seen in a way that didn't emphasize how they were USING each other... and made it hard to understand why he wanted to be with Be

SUNSET BOULEVARD at the Kennedy Center
 Jan 25 2023, 12:13:25 PM

I wish they had waited a bit to record/release these. These are clearly early rehearsal videos where they're just focusing on learning the music, and here everyone is judging the entire performance based on it. 

(Knowing that these are early rehearsal videos, I'm still quite excited for this cast.)

Lea Michele 'Special' Tony Award
 Jan 13 2023, 11:49:22 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "inception said: "Let her come back in another show, make it as much of a sensation, let that performance be nominated against some equally gifted performers, and let her win an actual Tony for that role. Then it will frigging mean something.

Dumb lazy f-ing millennials all want to have everything just handed to them - " Here's an A for effort" - instead of actually doing the work.

Honestly some days I think everyone u

SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
 Dec 15 2022, 12:21:05 PM

I say this as someone who hasn't always really liked his takes, but it's clearly meant to be a fun thing from a Broadway fan. It's a gossip page. Like Deux Moi. They are blind items. If you're looking for real news, go to Playbill. I don't think he ever said he's trying to be a legit news source. 

Lea Michele … Fanny Replacement.
 Nov 8 2022, 05:00:49 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Also, the actress does not need to be Jewish to play the part."

I think you'll find that there are lots of people who disagree! This role means a lot to many people, so this something that's strongly desired.

2022 Live NBC musical?
 Aug 17 2022, 04:04:14 PM

hate to shatter the illusion, but those "most licensed" lists are all based on how much $ the licensing houses donate...  

The Drinkwater Twins at 54 Below
 Jun 22 2022, 02:00:40 PM

Saw them in a production of American Idiot last year in NJ. They were the highlight, along with Jenna Parrilla Alvino as Whatshername  (she was absolutely brilliant and stole the show). 

I'd love to see what they could do in a better production.

Broadway will be
 Jun 21 2022, 03:54:06 PM

Does anyone know why Nicholas Barasch has left the tour of Hadestown?
 Jun 14 2022, 01:34:52 PM

Saw Chibueze Ihuoma go on several months ago, and he's by far my favorite Orpheus. 

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 27 2022, 09:58:10 AM

Is she vocally perfect? No. She hits the notes, but isn't not quite as lyrical as Barbra. Her technique isn't as strong (mostly breath support issues, it seems). 

But she's just so charming and funny that everyone was rooting for her. I personally thought she was fabulous and can't imagine anyone else playing the role in this production.

The expansions for Nick were great, and Ramin managed to navigate the role and the age difference without seeming

John McWhorter’s NY Times Opinion Piece on City Center’s Encores
 Feb 17 2022, 12:14:18 PM

To me, there's a big difference between providing adjustments to outdated language (like they intended with MILLIE, if it had moved forward), and what they did with TAP DANCE KID. 

Adjusting racist dialogue? Understandable and GOOD, especially since these Encores productions often result in changes to future productions. Taking a role away from a plus sized performer and giving it to a straight sized performer because "fat jokes are mean?" Unacceptable, to me.&nb

The Tap Dance Kid at Encores
 Feb 3 2022, 05:29:00 PM

Encores often does re-writes or makes new arrangements, and they're usually pretty great. I'm not seeing this until this weekend, but I'll be really disappointed if they took a role away from a plus-sized performer. 

Here's the original, if anyone who has seen it/is going to see it would like to compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM0tlW3hDI

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You