News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wicked132

Wicked132 Profile Photo
Member Name: Wicked132
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Two current musicals you'd recommend?
 Nov 28 2018, 03:58:16 AM

Once on This Island and Waitress (I would say Wicked, but I'm not a fan of the current cast)

Cody Simpson to make Broadway debut in Anastasia as Dmitry
 Nov 28 2018, 03:56:14 AM

I'm still struggling to see why they thought casting Cody was a better move than keeping Zach on until his contract ended. It's not like Cody has any particular star pull? And he's so young? Hey, he may be good at the role, who knows! I'm not optimistic when he has no acting or theatre training whatsoever.

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND CLOSING JANUARY
 Nov 28 2018, 03:47:12 AM

To say I'm crushed would be an understatement. This story, the set design, the cast, the crew & the creative worked so hard to create a show that hasn't touched me so heavily since Wicked. This show had a great run... but it definitely deserved a longer one.

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
 Nov 19 2018, 09:16:15 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "Wicked132 said: "(PPS: The tour cast IS better right now and that's an issue)"

How is that an "issue"? Do the people in North America who get the tour of Wicked deserve less? Like, what?

"

Oh no! Of course not! But the standard for the broadway cast needs to be high, simply because that is where shows originate and where most people from AROUND THE WORLD (not JUST North America) go to se

Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
 Nov 19 2018, 09:05:10 AM

As others have stated, there is no whitewashing in DEH. To explain further, you cannot whitewash a character in a show if their ethnicity does not contribute to the story or who they are. Such is the case with DEH, who treats the colour of skin to be unimportant to this particular story they're telling. 

Examples of  shows that DO address POC are OOTI, The Colour Purple & Hairspray. Another example is the understudy for Anna in frozen Aisha is a POC

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
 Nov 19 2018, 08:41:07 AM

A few things...

While I have seen and met Jess/Amanda a few times now & while they're both very wonderful human beings who I adore... that's where the adoration stops. Amanda's comedic timing & humour is hit & miss and her singing is... well she can sing... but she can't sing Glinda. When they cast Jessica... I was unsurprised and happy for her, honestly... but a big part of it was her social media presence, that can't be denied. She has an incredib

Jessica Vosk Broadway.com Vlog
 Aug 19 2018, 06:05:41 PM

Zach's got quite a presence and a growing fandom, regardless. I can't see why they wouldn't do it, granted how popular Christys vlog was. They'd almost be crazy not to take that opportunity. They have actually done Wicked vlogs year to year (2017 - Sheryl, 2016 - Jonah, 2015 - Kara)

Jessica Vosk Broadway.com Vlog
 Aug 19 2018, 11:30:53 AM

Indeed a great mystery! I suspect a new round of vlogs should be coming, seeing as they're only doing one right now. My predictions lie in Zach Adkins - Anastasia, Jessica Vosk - Wicked (perhaps closer to the 15th anniversary) and possibly Samantha Barks - Pretty Woman (or at least someone in that cast)? 

x1 Anastasia ticket for sale 9/6
 Aug 19 2018, 10:50:55 AM

I'm selling x1 ticket for $84.50 to an Anastasia performance at 7pm on the 6th of September. The seat is in middle orchestra. FYI This ticket was purchased in the Broadway 2-for-1 sale, hence the cheaper price. Please inbox me for more details if interested :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You