News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gracie61

Member Name: gracie61
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway will be
 Jul 4 2022, 09:30:26 PM

Saw Music Man on last Wed, right before mandate lifted, and Wicked on Friday, first day not required.  I wore my K95 mask both times.  On Friday, I'd say that about 20% of the people in the orchestra section around me were wearing them.  I did see some people who didn't wear them for the performance put them on when exiting when bunched up with people.

While I'm sure some of the ushers wished for the mandate to continue, I bet they don't miss having to ex

Sutton Foster out of The Music Man this week?
 Jun 30 2022, 10:08:56 PM

Saw The Music Man" this Wednesday at the matinee, Show was great even with multiple understudy in roles, Max Clayton was in as Marcellus, and of course Sutton Foster was out.  During intermission, the lady next to me was gushing about how good "Sutton" was doing !  She didn't realize it wasn't her, but probably not the only one, as when Marian appears the first time, there was some pockets of big applause.

Broadway will be
 Jun 21 2022, 07:03:53 PM

Our shows are June 29th and July 1.  Not feeling great about maskless, but unfortunately here in Texas, it's been mask optional for awhile now.  For the touring shows I've seen, I have worn my N 95 mask.  I probably see about 20% of people wearing them.  I have another vacation planned in August, and don't want to up my risk, plus some vulnerable family members, so I still mask in indoor spaces, and avoid indoor dining during crowded times.

One thing the

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!
 Jun 20 2022, 09:45:08 PM

Glad to hear his standby is doing so well.  Hugh is supposed to be back for the show we have tickets for on June 29th, hopefully - this trip and tickets were a birthday gift to my daughter, who is a huge Hugh Jackman fan.  We saw his touring show when it came to San Antonio in pre covid times, it was fun!  While I admire his talent, I'm more excited to see Sutton Foster in person. Coming in a  for a week with my daughter and granddaughter. 

Have there been

2022-2023 Touring Season
 Jan 17 2022, 05:03:25 PM

Well Hadestown will now play Bass Concert Hall September 20-25, 2022. in Austin TX.

I was supposed to have seen it this past weekend, but it got rescheduled due to covid cases in the cast.  They automatically moved my tickets to then.

CNBC Article: Nobody wants to see a Broadway show
 Aug 14 2021, 08:55:29 PM
Well I'm coming back. Bringing my daughter and 9 yr old granddaughter to NYC in June. So not right awayI guess. But we have tickets to Music Man, and had conflicts in the spring, so summer it was for the best seats! Waiting yo see what else will be playing that will be family friendly to add one more show. While I've taken my granddaughter to regional and touring shows, it will be her first trip to Broadway. I'm a subscriber to the local theater here in Austin that hosts the touring comp
CNBC Article: Nobody wants to see a Broadway show
 Aug 14 2021, 08:55:25 PM
Well I'm coming back. Bringing my daughter and 9 yr old granddaughter to NYC in June. So not right awayI guess. But we have tickets to Music Man, and had conflicts in the spring, so summer it was for the best seats! Waiting yo see what else will be playing that will be family friendly to add one more show. While I've taken my granddaughter to regional and touring shows, it will be her first trip to Broadway. I'm a subscriber to the local theater here in Austin that hosts the touring comp
Touring season 21-22
 Mar 12 2021, 02:57:57 PM
Just subscibed to my local touring season in Austin TX.
Have they cast the tours yet, or is there a place I can find that info? Ready to enjoy live theater again.

Hamilton
Dec 2021
Hadestown
Jan 2022
Tootsie
Feb 2022
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Mar 2022
Disney's The Lion King
Apr 2022
Summer
May 2022
Mean Girls
Aug 2022

Two show day logistics
 Apr 23 2018, 12:20:26 PM
She loves musical theater, and is really looking foward to the three shows we will see. Shes the reason I love musicals, I used to go to sleep to her Sound of Music LP every night as a toddler. We are only in town Mon to Thurs, so 2 show day it is. Since it mostly a day of sitting eating good food, then sitting at the show, repeat,she will be fine, I hope Im in as good shape as her at that age.
Two show day logistics
 Apr 22 2018, 11:19:21 PM

Wow, quick responses!  Thank you for the friendly and informative answers!.  

Two show day logistics
 Apr 22 2018, 11:03:28 PM

I am coming to New York with my mom, my daughter & daughter in law in June.  On June 6th, we are seeing two shows Anastasia ( 2PM, Broadhurst), then My Fair Lady (8PM Lincoln Center).  We have a car service reserved to take us between shows.  Will there be enough time to eat anything at Lincoln center in between shows?  My mom is 87 and needs to have something to eat due to medications she takes.  Also we need to find somewhere my daughter in law can discrete

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You