News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LexiGirl

LexiGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: LexiGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New App Helps Broadway Theatergoers Find Last-Minute Deals  Jan 9 2024, 02:13:57 PM

I’ve had a couple of shows where I ended up not being able to go. One was an off-Broadway show not listed on StubHub or any resellers so that wasn’t an option for me to sell, even though I asked them to add the show. And another was a show I knew I wouldn’t get my money back on because it wasn’t selling well. I liked the idea of my seats not going to waste while the buyer benefits by not overpaying. Both times I sold my ticket within an hour and each person was a pleas

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale  Nov 28 2023, 05:55:45 PM

Because there’s always someone, somewhere who could use this info, a Sunday, Dec. 10 performance was just added. I had mentioned previously that I was holding this Sunday spot waiting for them to extend, but they ended up not scheduling a Dec. 10 performance when they extended. But after a little wishful thinking and contacting the box office, they did add one and I will be able to see this before it closes!

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Oct 20 2023, 07:51:09 PM

I’m having an issue today on iPad using Safari in landscape mode (which is primarily how I use my iPad). I can no longer click on the date in the “Last Post” column in the forums and jump to the last page of posts. It could be because the ads are starting to overlap with that column. When I turn it to portrait mode, it’s not a problem. I can click on the “Last Post” column dates and there are no ads to overlap.

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale  Oct 19 2023, 08:03:53 PM

I had been waiting for this to extend since I will be in NYC a few days after the original closing date. Saved a Sunday spot for it and it happens to be one of the only Sundays they won’t have a show. Darn!

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 08:18:15 PM

A Shed Builder 2 membership or higher is supposed to have a benefits of “All handling fees waived,” so that may be why some people weren’t charged the $5 per ticket fee.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 02:01:26 PM

I am Builder 1 and when I went to a browser I was previously already logged into, I got into the queue to the website in a few seconds. But wasn’t sure if it was truly recognizing me because it didn’t sound like I was seeing what other people saw. So I did what another person said, which was to log out and back in. Then I was immediately able to purchase tickets at around 1:55. Good luck, everyone!

Rachel Chavkin to Direct THE THANKSGIVING PLAY on Broadway, Spring 2023  Feb 14 2023, 01:57:46 PM

That cast is incredible! So somehow I’m now going to see two Second Stage productions during my May trip. If I’d realized they were going to pull this kind of cast together, I would have gone ahead and bought a subscription package.

Your 2022 Broadway & Beyond Recaps  Dec 17 2022, 11:37:10 PM

I only wish I could live in NYC and see the number of shows many of you get to see! For 2022, I was able to see the most shows I’ve seen in a single year, so I’m happy about that. I made two trips to NYC and one trip to London and got to see:

Broadway Spring: The Music Man, Plaza Suite, Mr. Saturday Night, Beetlejuice, The Bedwetter

West End Summer: & Juliet, Back to the Future, Cabaret

Broadway just this past week: A Strange Loop, Merrily We Roll Alo

GROFF is out tonight  Dec 17 2022, 01:03:23 AM

StageDoor3 said: "Was Jonathan Groff in tonight, Friday, Dec 16... and potentially in the show on the weekend? My tickets are for Saturday Dec 17 matinee. Fingers crossed."

Yes, he was in on Friday night. The couple in front of me looked at the slip in the program announcing who was on as Frank Jr. and thought it meant Jonathan was out, too. 

Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!  Oct 24 2022, 02:27:04 PM

Oh good! I was in London a couple of months ago and was considering seeing this, but I ended up passing on it to go to other shows and do touristy things. Glad I’ll get to see it here.

A STRANGE LOOP to close January 15  Oct 11 2022, 02:08:15 PM

I watched the NPR Tiny Desk performance and really enjoyed it, but was a little thrown off by some mixed reviews and reports of sound issues. I might have to go see this instead of KPOP on my December trip since I think that one will still be around until at least next spring.

ONLY GOLD Musical at MCC Begins October 5  Oct 7 2022, 08:41:31 PM

Really interested in hearing people’s first impressions on this one. I won’t be back in NYC until December, but am keeping a slot open for this one. Tickets aren’t on sale past Nov. 27, but Kate Nash said in a TikTok that it would be running until Jan. 1, so it should extend until then, assuming it does well. They are also offering Thursday matinees, which is great.

Audience Rewards - Total Scam?/ TELECHARGE  Sep 26 2022, 09:10:55 PM

I had a lot of points saved up and thought about using them for tickets, but since I’m really picky about where I sit, I didn’t want to chance getting seats that I wasn’t happy with. I decided to just cash most of my points in for gift cards to Sardi’s and Glass House Tavern. At least I can get some nice meals before my upcoming shows. They came in the mail really fast, too.

Phantom Closing?  Sep 16 2022, 06:13:10 PM

Completely shocked and saddened by this news. Phantom of the Opera is what made me fall in love with musicals three decades ago when I was just a girl in high school chorus learning to sing the songs. Our chorus sang almost the whole score for our end-of-year concert and I went to see it as soon is it came on tour near my town. After seeing it many times on tour, I decided to finally see it on Broadway last December. It was so beautiful and I’m so happy I got seats right under the chand

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 4 2022, 12:32:40 AM

Bought my tickets today, but won’t be going until December. Looking forward to reading what everyone has to say until then!

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 19 2022, 09:35:47 PM

The small print on their membership page does say the following, so hopefully they are making sure that there aren’t more memberships than possible tickets:

“Membership tickets are guaranteed through the priority booking period, but are subject to availability once tickets are made available to the general public. We encourage you to take advantage of the priority booking period to choose from the full menu of performance dates and seating options.”

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 19 2022, 04:02:53 PM

I don’t know if anyone else here is having this problem upgrading their membership… I purchased the cross-season full membership earlier this year, so it’s apparently more complex to upgrade those memberships. They are keeping a list of people in the same boat while they try to figure it out. May just be resigned to waiting until next Wednesday, but I am a little concerned because I will be traveling most of that day and have already booked flights/hotel to NYC for December

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Aug 18 2022, 03:41:13 PM

OuttaTowner said: "I believe it’s only certain tiered members only, no?

I received a mail from them yesterday saying that could buy tix (based on my membership) on Aug 24 at noon.
"

Yeah, I think it’s only Premier memberships right now. Unless there was a glitch earlier today, the lower level membership sale starts Aug. 24 at noon. I tried logging in and buying just in case and it stopped me.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Jun 30 2022, 08:34:15 PM

Thanks, Taffy! That helps in planning since I’m one of those people who buys tickets for everything way in advance.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Jun 30 2022, 08:05:23 PM

I’ve been wondering when tickets might go on sale, too. I decided to go ahead and book flights and a hotel for a week in December, hoping that the casting notice dates are correct and that I will be able to get tickets for that week since I have a membership.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You