Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!

brdwybound04
#2Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 10:34am

I’m really excited for this new show, the puppetry looks incredible! In many ways it reminds me a bit of “War Horse”. I’m wondering if this would have been even stronger if this had been musicalized as opposed to a stage play..: thoughts?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 10:47am

Heard nothing but amazing things about this. Can't wait to see it!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#5Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 10:51am

Sad i missed this in London. I was torn between this and Ocean at the End of the Lane and chose the latter (and it was incredible!), but I’m thrilled to finally see this. 

Hamilfan2
#6Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 10:52am

Finally some true competition for Leopoldstadt (although personally with everything going on atm- I’d still really like Leopoldstadt to pull out the win)

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#7Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 11:15am

This has to be a lock for the Tony for Best Set Design this year, assuming the Tonys go the way the Olivier's did, and put the puppet design with the set designer.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

yyys
#8Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 11:28am

I thought it was OK.  Probably better if you've never seen the movie...I wish they would haul the script because it was pretty thin...

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#9Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 12:38pm

Updated On: 12/10/22 at 12:38 PM

BETTY22
#10Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 2:16pm

I saw it in London.....the puppets are AMAZING 

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#11Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 2:27pm

Oh good! I was in London a couple of months ago and was considering seeing this, but I ended up passing on it to go to other shows and do touristy things. Glad I’ll get to see it here.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#12Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 3:06pm

yyys said: "I thought it was OK. Probably better if you've never seen the movie...I wish they would haul the script because it was pretty thin..."

I agree, visually impressive but the book was dreadful.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Dan6
#13Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 6:03pm

So excited to see this one, and going to grab tickets for a planned May trip. For anyone who saw it in London, what are your thoughts on Orchestra vs. Mezzanine? As a general rule I tend to prefer Front Mezz for musicals and Orchestra (as close as I can afford) for plays, but given the spectacle and floor projections that I understand are used in this I'm leaning towards Mezz. Thanks!

Theatre Fan3
#14Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 7:56pm

Dan6 said: "So excited to see this one, and going to grab tickets for a planned May trip. For anyone who saw it in London, what are your thoughts on Orchestra vs. Mezzanine? As a general rule I tend to prefer Front Mezz for musicals and Orchestra (as close as I can afford) for plays, but given the spectacle and floor projam ections that I understand are used in this I'm leaning towards Mezz. Thanks!"

Saw this in London this past March and it was spectacular!!   You're leaning in the right direction Dan6.  We sat in the Dress Circle (or Mezzanine as it is referred to in the US).  With all the projections on the stage floor and the effects, I would guess that those would not be fully appreciated from an Orchestra seat.  The stage in London seemed to be raised quite high which I would think would make it difficult to get the same effect.  If anyone here did see it from the stalls and has any first hand knowledge of the view from there please share.  I assume the staging will be similar to how it is in London but I'm not familiar with the theatre it will be playing in here in the states.

Updated On: 10/24/22 at 07:56 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#15Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 8:21pm

Staging like this looks like it's meant to be seen from the mezzanine:

Dan6
#16Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/24/22 at 10:25pm

Thanks, got my front mezz tickets! Seems they missed a big opportunity here by starting previews on 3/9 rather than 3/14...Pi Day.

gibsons2
#17Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 10/25/22 at 8:12am

TaffyDavenport said: "Staging like this looks like it's meant to be seen from the mezzanine:

"

I just booked D2-4 mezzanine tickets,  I think it's going to be a perfect view

TarHeelAlan
#18Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 12/10/22 at 3:28pm

gibsons2 said: "I just booked D2-4 mezzanine tickets, I think it's going to be a perfect view"

+1 here. Those seemed like the sweet spot for location vs price, especially considering one row in front, seats C2-4, are $80 more. 

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#19Life of Pi Broadway Transfer!
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:55am

Seeing this next weekend. Really excited to see the visuals and all that. Watched a boot and wasn't impressed by the book.