News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Macy2

Macy2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Macy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: It's official The Lion King will play Vegas
 Oct 1 2008, 12:22:12 PM
I actually think "The Lion King" is the perfect Vegas show. It's such a spectacle, really, and that's what a lot of folks go see a Vegas show for...
re: Christine Ebersole to star in BLITHE SPIRIT Revival
 Oct 1 2008, 12:20:39 PM
I'm excited to see Christine Ebersole again -- she was words-can't-describe-it fabulous in "Grey Gardens" but I wish her next project had been original material, and not a revival of something.
re: Which YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN songs should I bother to download?
 Dec 20 2007, 05:19:04 PM
I wonder how Cheno would've been in this show, too, except that I found myself thinking how much I would have enjoyed her as Inga. I think if Cheno had been Inga, Mel would've given her a lot more material than he did Sutton. Cheno's just funnier.
re: Laura Bell Bundy Will Offer Free Concert Dec. 21
 Dec 20 2007, 05:12:44 PM
LBB didn't wreck anyone's home.
re: Bee or Drowsy
 Dec 20 2007, 05:11:41 PM
Spelling Bee - if you're in the mood for something that's more than fluff. I thought Drowsy was okay -- not amazing -- and found the songs kinda blah and alot of the humor fell flat with me. Spelling Bee, on the other hand, has some great songs and the cast (that I saw anyway) was really good.
re: Young Frankenstein IS a Good Show!
 Nov 13 2007, 10:59:23 AM
I have to respond to the comparisons between this show and "Spamalot". I just saw YF and I saw Spamalot forever ago with the original cast (except Sara Ramirez who was out -hahahaha) and Spamalot was by far a more clever, more fun adaptation of Monty Python's movies than YF was of its movie predecessor. The score to Spamalot was a riot -- even if you're not a Monty Python fan (I even have "His name is Lanc-e-lot, he likes to dance-a-lot" in my head at the moment) but Mel Brooks' songs in YF me
re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
 Nov 2 2007, 03:03:34 PM
Holy cow! These are terrible. Any bets on when this thing closes?
re: 'Wicked' on Ugly Betty - Fake Lobby!
 Nov 2 2007, 03:00:58 PM
I wasn't a fan of either Eden or Megan's voice. They both had that kind of trembly hummingbird-fast vibrato (which I do not like). I think the current actors in the NYC production (Block and Annaleigh) are far superior.
re: DROWSY WILL TAKE THE MARQUIS!
 Feb 10 2006, 10:47:54 AM
Sutton playing a 1920s woman with her sights set on getting married? Gee, quelle surprise. Isn't it time to retire Millie?

Sutton
 Mar 31 2005, 04:13:55 PM
The night I saw Sutton in LW, she was straining to reach the notes in "Astonishing" and was flat on the last note in the closing song, "Small Umbrella In The Rain." Also, I felt like several aspects of her performance were forced -- all the mugging she did in order to get laughs was irritating, and I just thought that on the whole she was overacting. I mean, give her an "A" for effort, but not a Tony for this performance.
re: overrated
 Feb 18 2005, 05:36:18 PM
Plum - I definitely understand what you're saying; that to criticize a performer feels like more of a personal attack to us (because many of us happen to be performers), but my playwrite friends would definitely disagree that it's less personal to attack a play or a musical that someone has written than a performer's performance.

Just as an example, a dear friend of mine is an absolutely brilliant playwrite, and although her plays have received much critical acclaim, she has had to end

Feb 18 2005, 02:27:29 PM
You really think SF is one of the best performers on Broadway? Wow. Well, that goes right to my overrated comment. Either that, or there's a crisis of talent out there (except there isn't -- have you seen Victoria Clark????) But I will agree that she's versatile. One of the best dancers I've seen who can also sing (subject to my comments above). Again, the acting needs to be toned WAY down, or she could focus on comedic roles more.
 Feb 18 2005, 02:09:16 PM
I think that whenever people display their creative efforts for the general public to scrutinize, as an actor or a playwrite or a composer, one must expect the criticism along with the praise. What's funny is that most everyone is fairly comfortable with trashing various musicals (ahem - Good Vibrations) which are, I might point out, also the product of someone's (and probably a lot of people's) creative effort, and yet there is always a bit more squeamishness about criticizing actors. Why is th
re: Will Little Women last till June?
 Feb 1 2005, 11:07:24 PM
I have to agree with you. Sutton has a Ton y already and clearly Millie was far more challenging and appropriate for her skills amd talents. I mean, she is a dancer by trade and Jo March- doesn't dance. By Sutton's own admission. I think the Tony should go to Victoria Clark as well. She was truly breathtaking. Of course upporting will be Maureen McGovern- all the way!!!!

re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
 Feb 1 2005, 06:34:30 PM
There was a tour of "Grease" I saw a few years ago that -- I think -- was produced by Tommy Tune (does that sound right?). It was like Grease on speed -- all fluorescent colours and an extra-hyper cast singing the songs like they had been challenged to see just how fast they could sing them. It was hideous and I left with a headache.
re: Songs That Put You to Sleep (In a not-so-good way)
 Jan 29 2005, 12:17:08 PM
The whole second act of "Into The Woods." Every time I see it, I think I should have left at the close of the first act.
re: Little Women
 Jan 27 2005, 04:56:07 PM
Mistress Spouzic -- I do see your point, and I'm sure that the board has suffered many such people. For my part, I signed up because my boyfriend and I saw the show and he, not really being a "theatre person" per se, just wasn't terribly interested in discussing the details of the performance. None of my friends have seen the show yet, either, so I was looking for a forum to discuss it.

Anyway, I'm finally giving in and seeing "Hairspray" this Saturday, so I'm sure you'll be hearing fr

Jan 27 2005, 03:45:41 PM
Didn't join to be negative...I joined to engage in intelligent conversation about the theatre. For the most part, people here seem willing to do just that. Clearly, however, the "positive police" are present. So my question is, why bother discussing any of this at all if we're only allowed to say positive things? And to that end, have you seen the exultant posts about the closing of "Good Vibrations"? If you disagree with my assessment of Little Women, fine -- let's talk about it. But if you sim
re: Bronx braves an afternoon of . . . the 'Sutton'
 Jan 27 2005, 01:57:33 PM
Lol -- I noticed the eyebrown thing too! Weird. Maybe someone told her to do that.

Blair -- As for the mix-yness of her voice in "Millie", I do know what you're talking about. On the recording, she has some nice transitions between her head an chest voice, but I have to say that in Little Women, that mix-yness is not as present.

Jan 27 2005, 02:01:38 AM
Hmm -- does it matter that I joined today, or are you just upset that I have an opinion that clearly doesn't match yours? I saw the show, I gave my thoughts. If you disagree, something more substantive would be appreciated.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You