News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roamermark

Member Name: roamermark
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Jungle at St Anns (seating question)  Nov 9 2018, 02:46:05 AM

I was just looking at the seating chart.   I don't know the venue but it looks like it is small enough that they've dispensed with the 'regular' seating (which was a mezzanine in London).    The show is fully immersive (not participatory but immersive) so you will want to take advantage of it.    I sat in Afghanistan front row which was spectacular - there is a little twisting and turning and people will occasionally lay hands on you, to jump off stage

Cursed Child?  Nov 1 2018, 03:10:02 AM

No substantive difference at all.  The theatre is arguably nicer in London and you will likely save a lot of money.   I've seen in in both.

Cursed Child Cast Contract Drama?  Nov 1 2018, 03:06:05 AM

I love the show and actors should be fairly paid.  The performers should ask for whatever the market allows. Having said that,   I've seen the show in London with the second year cast and on Broadway with the original cast.   The average theatre goer, myself included and I attend a lot of shows in the West End, probably couldn't name two of the actors in the show - and I even met and chatted with many of them in London.   They don't have a lot to bargain with i

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?  Oct 31 2018, 07:12:35 AM

roamermark said: "Reasonably sure that Circle in the Square is no option for Hadestown...I just saw the set backstage at the National Theatre in London and it's massive....a behemoth. meant for a proscenium (or thrust as the National's Olivier is).

Also - I have tickets for January in London...just sayin'

going to try and post a pic to show you the size of the H-town set.   The ladders in the photos are proper 12 foot stepladders.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qR-JjERzZM4gJBJr7H87-B5Z9KzdrG-m

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12mYxvDRkn4vz1tynzgQ4W5Y5AKk41v32

What is still to be announced for 2018-19 season ?  Oct 29 2018, 09:16:45 AM

Reasonably sure that Circle in the Square is no option for Hadestown...I just saw the set backstage at the National Theatre in London and it's massive....a behemoth.  meant for a proscenium (or thrust as the National's Olivier is).

Also - I have tickets for January in London...just sayin'

The Jungle - Let me do you a favor  Oct 29 2018, 04:04:33 AM

For those of you who love innovative theatre and all the magic it brings, let me do you a giant favor.   The Jungle is now closing in the West End and moving off broadway to St. Ann's Warehouse in Brooklyn Dec 4th.

It is a transformative theatre experience - a straight play that is immersive and compelling.  The Jungle is the story of the last days of the refugee camp in Calais, France before it was bulldozed by French authorities.&

Hamilton San Francisco  Oct 26 2018, 03:12:20 AM

LMM said quickly on Colbert last week that the Puerto Rico cast will be a new touring company in the States....so likely San Francisco as their first (long) stop?

Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child joining OOTI Nov. 30I  Oct 26 2018, 02:48:40 AM

I just did a backstage tour at the National Theatre in the UK where Hadestown is set to open and the set pieces are about 30 feet high.   So, almost certainly not Circle in the Square for H-Town.

THE FERRYMAN Previews  Oct 8 2018, 04:34:33 PM

I couldn't disagree more with some of the negative reviews, though the holders of these opinions are certainly entitled to them.

I saw the West End production in March (Paddy Consadine had just moved on from the role).  There are so many elements to discuss in terms of what makes this a great play, including of course the size and ensemble nature of the cast as well as the menagerie of course, even the realistic nature of the mise en scene, but I think this play begins and end

Can I make it?  May 21 2018, 02:33:58 AM

Thanks everyone -  I might give it a go - I can travel light, possibly no checked bag.   To be more specific, I'm actually staying at Candlewood near the Port Authority so that might make it easier.   Maybe I just won't buy a premium ticket.

Can I make it?  May 20 2018, 03:31:08 PM

Okay New Yorkers -Landing at LaGuardia at 4:19 p.m. on a Friday.  If I take a cab, can I make it to a Times Square hotel and an 8 p.m. curtain?  7 p.m.?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You