News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beatofthedrum27

Member Name: beatofthedrum27
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Shows Will Perform in the 2022 Macy’s Parade?
 Nov 25 2022, 06:39:55 PM

I was so upset that she didn’t record a new version to lip sync to. She just (badly) lip synced to the original version from all those years ago

Legally Blonde Muny
 Jun 7 2022, 03:15:48 PM

Elspeth3 said: "I heard that they told donors that a relative newcomer, who is currently playing a royal in a national tour, has been cast as Elle. The fact that they still haven't announced though is making me think that maybe its not a done deal. Don't know anything about the rest of the cast."

I don’t know why. But I’m getting McKenzie Kurtz vibes 👀

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 19 2022, 03:31:41 PM

Throwing this out there because it hit me last night.

Let me preface this by saying that my #1 choice for Fiyero is Jordan Fisher, but with the casting so far, I'm afraid that he may read too young to play opposite Cynthia. But if I can't have Jordan as Fiyero:

Andrew Garfield?????

He recently said that he wanted to do more movie musicals. I feel like he would read beautifully opposite Cynthia. The Jon Chu and LMM connection. I feel like he would do the role justi

Waitress Casting
 Oct 26 2021, 10:55:16 AM

If it does end up being Erika, it is almost guaranteed they'll bring in Kyle to play Pomatter along side her.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 Sep 27 2021, 03:35:46 PM

Finally got to see the film yesterday and it was definitely an experience.

First, let me just go ahead and say, I loved it!!!

Despite the plot's problems, I really do love the musical and now the film as well.

Yes there were problems, but I think the main reason people are liking the film is because they're going to the film comparing it to the musical (or they just hate the show overall which is okay too as that's their opinion). 

While I understa

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday seaosn
 May 15 2021, 01:42:14 AM

LizzieCurry said: "It's WILD to me when people actually go for the clichéd, "UGH, no one asked for this" in earnest. OK! You can go do something else!

Also, what movie of The Wiz from "a few years ago" are you referring to,beatofthedrum27?
"

“A few years ago” was referring to the Annie remake from a few years ago

May 15 2021, 01:40:28 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "beatofthedrum27 said: "I can almost guarantee they’ll update the score to make it more “popish”. Kinda like they did for The Wiz especially with the success of the movie from a few years ago."

Ummm, they made The Wiz more pop-ish?!?!? Do you even know what you're talking about? The Wiz never possessed a traditional Broadway score!Do you know anything about the show and it's roots?It was a soul version of The

May 13 2021, 11:02:33 AM
Just to make myself clear, I’m not saying they’ll use that story line or bring anyone from the movie in. I’m referencing that that type of sound is probably what the orchestrations will end up sounding closer to rather than the original
 May 12 2021, 08:44:20 PM
I can almost guarantee they’ll update the score to make it more “popish”. Kinda like they did for The Wiz especially with the success of the movie from a few years ago.
 May 12 2021, 08:38:19 PM
WAYNE BRADY AS WARBUCKS!!!!!! I SAID IT!!! I SAID IT!!!
NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison
 Dec 9 2020, 09:31:14 PM
The little girl playing Cindy-Lou ate that up AND LEFT NO CRUMBS. I was literally crying.
 Dec 9 2020, 09:31:13 PM
The little girl playing Cindy-Lou ate that up AND LEFT NO CRUMBS. I was literally crying.
 Dec 9 2020, 09:31:13 PM
 Dec 9 2020, 09:31:12 PM
 Dec 9 2020, 09:19:25 PM
That song with the parents and grandparents was so cute tho
 Dec 9 2020, 08:51:07 PM

beatofthedrum27 said: "Just made it through the song with all the kids, max, and the grinch (I don’t know the name of it). The kids and Booboo are KILLING IT. Denis seems so disinterested. Matthew seems like... uncomfortable? "

His interpretation of the grinch seems like what a romantic lead thinks playing a villain is suppose to look like. Like. The last little bit when he popped out of nowhere right in front of the camera before commercial break was just SO C

Dec 9 2020, 08:45:56 PM
Just made it through the song with all the kids, max, and the grinch (I don’t know the name of it). The kids and Booboo are KILLING IT. Denis seems so disinterested. Matthew seems like... uncomfortable?
Is a white person playing a role
 Nov 25 2020, 01:27:28 PM
Well first, it’s the act itself is technically not racist. Racism means to have hate against a certain person or group because of their race. Though, it may be out of touch depending on how it is handled. Things like Hairspray, if you did it with an all white cast, that’s just not right to be honest especially in the of the production I’ve seen where they’re putting blackface on kids. Whoever did that shouldn’t have a job. I’ve been in a production of Once on this Island where the cast was predo
Broadway shows to perform on Thanksgiving parade
 Nov 17 2020, 02:19:51 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Hamilton filmed their segment right outside the Richard Rodgers yesterday"

YES. They also have a few different cast members than when BWAY closed. In the parade, J. Quinton Johnson (1st BWAY Replacement for Mulligan/Madison) will play Lafayette/Jefferson. Jennie Harney-Fleming (BWAY standby for Schuyler Sisters) will play Angelica. Joshua Henry (Original Chicago and 1st Nat’l Burr) will play Aaron Burr. And Alysha Deslorieux (Original BWAY Standby for Schuyler Sisters and 1st BWAY Replacement for Peggy/Maria) will play Peggy/Maria. At least that’s what I’ve seen from Instagram. 

Broadway shows to perform on Thanksgiving parade
 Nov 14 2020, 08:14:55 PM

ACL2006 said: "beatofthedrum27 said: "wicked4l said: "Danielle Wade and MKM are playing Cady and Janis.
Renee and the ensemble boy from Broadway as well.
"

Dang. I was actually really looking forward to seeing Olivia as Janis, but MKM works too.
"

MKM?
"

Mary Kate Morrissey, Janis from the Tour

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You