News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MakeThemHearYou2

MakeThemHearYou2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MakeThemHearYou2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jun 29 2019, 07:29:13 AM

Could someone please summarize the changes made between Boston and Broadway? Any song additions/cuts other than 'Shake It Out'? 

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway
 Jun 5 2019, 05:37:53 PM

My main issue with the book is that the story has lost its edge and sense of danger. In the film, the Moulin Rouge is this seedy, cutthroat environment, while in the stage version it's a space where all the courtesans/performers see themselves as a family and Satine is everyone's 'Mama'.

Somebody pointed out in the previews thread that the club in the show reminded them of the circus from 'The Greatest Showman', and I have to agree. It's

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway
 Jun 5 2019, 07:28:54 AM

At his recent concert Aaron sang 'Your Song' and interestingly it was the film version with its bombastic orchestrations, which I find so much more epic than the subdued arrangement they used in the show.

I know that's no indication as to whether they decided to change that up in the show, but it sounded great.

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019
 Dec 3 2018, 07:53:50 PM

I agree, the prices are a bit too much. Having enjoyed the show in Boston, I was (and to be fair, still am) looking forward to seeing it again, but it's going to cost me a fortune if I want to sit in a similar seat, which was front mezzanine - it's now twice as expensive...

I do hope they make changes before it hits Broadway. Add some more sparkle to the Act 1 Finale (the visuals are cute, but I feel it needs to end with a bang/pyrotechnics, similar to the film), add The S

i need to find this song
 Aug 26 2018, 08:59:44 PM

The Ballad of Sara Berry by Ryan Scott Oliver?

Only thing that comes to mind, and everything fits your description (except it's Sara, not Samantha)

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 11 2018, 01:13:27 AM
Sets, choreography and lighting are award-worthy.
I feel the book needs A LOT of work. First act felt really short, and second act felt rushed.
Elephant Love Medley is the act one finale; great arrangement, very fitting new songs. They need a big effect for the last few moments of that song though, pyrotechnics or something.

Roxanne - major disappointment. It has no dramatic tension, it’s just Christian singing the entire song. The Duke doesn’t attack Satine in this number (du

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jul 6 2018, 10:49:39 AM

barcelona20 said: "What if she chooses none of them and decides to be on her own?"

While belting out that all the single ladies should put their hands up in the finale? 

I’m intrigued to see what the dark twist on Christian’s character is going to be in the second act 

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jul 6 2018, 10:34:04 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Ugh. It sounds like they’re afraid to end it tragically, which is one of the most beautiful things about the film. The use of “Nature Boy” is so perfect and it sounds like that’ll be gone in order to give it a more “upbeat” feel.

But Ilol just wait and see it for myself next week.
"

I’ll be there for the first preview. Still very excited, but my main concern now is them changing the plot and

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jul 6 2018, 12:00:59 AM
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2018/07/05/new-moulin-rouge-for-new-colonial/AZA6aDSkJiZdNgrbNP7xKP/amp.html

Apparently they changed a lot in Act 2.
Also, 50% of the score has been replaced with other songs. I hope they kept The Show Must Go On.

And I find it slightly worrying that Alex Timbers wants the audience to leave on a high... it is a tragic love story after all.
I don’t want to leave the theatre crying my eyes out, but I hope the finale is not an upbeat song, like ‘Firework’ or something...

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jun 17 2018, 01:35:50 PM

From the theatre's Facebook profile:

The @EmColonial box office, originally scheduled to open Monday, June 18, will now open for in-person purchases on Wednesday, June 27, following a 9:30 a.m. #BoxOffice opening event. #boston #bosarts #colonialtheatre #emersoncolonial @MoulinRougeBDWY

Doesn't sound great, I wonder what caused the delay on that front.

I think it's really bad they still haven't announced anything about cancellations. I understand they are still working things out, but there's no way the first preview will go ahead as scheduled.

Does anyone know if the cast is going to continue with tech tomorrow?

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jun 12 2018, 12:34:34 PM

irishgator1 said: "Of course I have a ticket for 6/27 and am flying in with friends. It would be nice to have some communication from the theater.

What happens in cases like this? Do they try to find other tickets for the affected audience or are we SOL?
"

I've got a ticket for the 5th, and flying over from Europe for it.

I guess we're going to be contacted by box office when the producers reach a decision, and will be given an option of refu

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jun 12 2018, 10:28:00 AM

dramamama611 said: "Moulin Rouge just extended for two weeks."

It's a good thing they've extended, as they might have to cancel a few previews...

http://www.playbill.com/article/moulin-rouge-may-delay-start-of-boston-previews-after-construction-related-incident

The cast has been released from rehearsals this week according to rumors

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You