News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hollebolle

Member Name: hollebolle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Jan 29 2024, 09:02:40 AM

FANtomFollies said: "pmondrian said: "de Waal was very good. Her "By the Sea" song stacks up against any version (even Angela Lansbury's version). I hope both of them will be able to be the permanent lead once the "new stars" have to leave. I'm not a fan of Sutton's so I'm glad I was able to see de Waal in the show."

Does de Waal do all of the goofy stuff Ashford was doing? Like the split down the stairs and the 'C

Jamie Lloyd's revival of THE EFFECT to play The Shed (w/ Paapa Essiedu & Taylor Russell)  Dec 12 2023, 06:24:32 PM

Pleasantly surprised by the pricing for this—max is $109+fees, and that’s before any membership discount. Lowest standard seat is $33+fees.

They also have an Under 30 option for $25–up to 2 tickets, and both ticket holders need to be under 30.

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 1 2023, 07:19:49 AM

chrishuyen said: "When reading this thread before seeing the show it did seem strange to me that there wasn't at least a small reprise of the main song at the end of the show”

I saw last night’s show (third preview). There was a very small reprise towards the end.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

They start to sing a

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Sep 26 2023, 08:22:27 AM

Got the follow-up email this morning—I was moved from GG105 to C5. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Sep 20 2023, 05:41:25 PM

Playbills are now available at the box office for those of you who were at last night’s show and would like one!

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Sep 19 2023, 07:28:24 PM

Apparently there are no real playbills tonight. They just handed us a stapled packet of paper.

Kate Baldwin and Nicholas RODRIGUEZ  Sep 8 2023, 07:53:58 PM

Their lot is valet only, I think it’s $30 per car. I normally park in the Union Square lot (idk if it actually has a name—Union Square Dr off of Bridge St). It’s metered and is much cheaper, plus you only have to pay through 9 pm. I haven’t had issues finding a spot there since it’s pretty big, but I’ve gone on weeknights mostly. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Aug 19 2023, 10:51:12 PM

ardiem said: "poto19882023 said: "Got a normally $300 orchestra seat for tonight’s performance for only $99"

Can I ask how you did that? Was this through rush/the cancellation line?

"

I did this back in March when Josh was out. I just waited in line at the box office and asked for a $99 seat. They said they were giving me a great seat, and I didn’t ask questions lol. 

As a nice bonus, I’m pretty sure I

Kate Baldwin and Nicholas RODRIGUEZ  Aug 18 2023, 10:45:42 PM

ACL2006 said: "Bucks County Playhouse offers ZERO discounts for their shows. Some sell well, others not even close. I miss the old BCP days of $30 tickets."

It's been on TDF for a couple of weeks. I've also bought $32 tickets ($40 with fees) once for Bridges and twice for Tick Tick Boom, directly from the box office. It's not $30 but pretty reasonable.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Aug 6 2023, 11:37:42 AM

Jacobonce said: "I'll be in NYC for the week of Nov 14, and it shows the Groban is out that week. Do you think there will be discounts available? I couldn't care less about Groban, I just want to see Ashford and the show. Thanks!"

I second waiting until the day of! I purchased at the box office once when Groban was out unexpectedly, and I got a great deal. I asked for a seat at the cheapest available price point ($99), and they gave me a seat in row K of the

The Museum of Broadway  Jul 10 2023, 08:28:13 PM

Depends on how much you want to read the displays (and there’s a LOT to read). My friend and I entered at 6:30, and we didn’t have enough time to get through everything before it closed at 8. I had no idea how much progress we were making so I was surprised when they gave us the 15-minute warning and said there was a whole other floor we hadn’t gotten to yet. 

But you could easily do everything more quickly if you wanted.

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Closing June 4  Jun 4 2023, 08:04:42 PM

Nope, nothing.

Grey House Rush  Jun 3 2023, 11:41:35 AM

A couple of weeks ago (still previews) I rushed at 4 p.m. for a Saturday night show and got J18 in the orch, all the way on the right. A few minor things were obstructed, but overall a great deal for $35. 

I was thinking about TDFing that day as well and it did pop up at some point the week prior, so that’s still a possibility. 

The Official TDF Thread  May 23 2023, 03:29:19 PM

forfivemoreminutes said: "Has anyone seen Grey House or The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window through TDF recently? If so, where were your seats?"

Sidney Brustein last Saturday matinee I was N4, right orchestra just off the more center aisle. 

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 20 2023, 10:44:50 PM

Some rush insight: I went to the box office at 4 p.m. for the evening show. I got J 18, house right all the way to the side. It was mostly fine, but both sets of stairs were mostly blocked. Definitely worth the price for $35; I was just never sure whether I was missing anything on the stairs (I don’t think I was). 

One question about something minor that was obscured: 

C

The Official TDF Thread  May 15 2023, 03:45:18 PM

Did anyone see if Bad Cinderella was up for 6/4 (closing)? It currently has dates through 6/3. Not sure if it was avilable and I just missed it. 

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 11:09:30 AM

I didn’t attend yesterday, but was waiting outside the theater for my friend who did. Considering they didn’t do anything special, I thought it was laughable that there were Bad Cinderella reps stationed outside the doors handing out flyers to people as they exited. 

Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice  Apr 4 2023, 02:06:26 PM

I’d recommend house left. There’s a lot of action downstage right, but you can’t go wrong with either.

I don’t think those seats are too far to the side. I was in R14 over the weekend and had no sightline issues.

Sweeney Todd Standing Room  Apr 4 2023, 02:02:20 PM

$40 each, 12 spots I believe 

Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice  Apr 3 2023, 08:29:48 AM

I actually just bough row V for a future performance. I was in row R this weekend, and scouted out other seats while I was there. It’s far back, but the orchestra is decently raked so it seemed like it would still be a great seat. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You